+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

adamfiesta

May 3, 2014
My Explanation is that Saint clair office is so slow in comparison with other offices. 99% of March Test Takers are from Mississauga office . So when people are given RQ their file would be sent to Saint clair .The latter process RQs and send them back accordingly .I believe everyone of you will get his oath soon .Saint Clair is encountering some difficulties organizing oath . I have a friend that took his test on FEB 17 with his wife when he called last week,the agent told me that he could see an oath in July but did not want to tell him which days.I know It is so frustrating but sometimes no news is good news specially when you see other guys that have were asked to provide finger prints etc .Let all pray that this suffering will end soon .

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
It appear that St. Clair was set to be the office that holds the tests (all offices), and other offices hold oaths (their office & some from St.Clair). It created a situation in which other offices are servicing much faster, and St.Clair applicants are delayed significantly, because St.Clair is the only one office to handle all GTA applications.
It is unfair and I hope that St.Clair will realize this and either assign more agents to expedite this or completely change this handling procedure and start holding oath's.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to all who offered some explanation about the delay at St Clair office. It is really unfortunate that they have decided to take most tests at St Clair without assigning sufficient resources.

Another question that puzzles me is why does it take so long to upload test results? It can be easily done right after the interview when you sign the result. The agent can input the result, and then call the next person. But it seems they take months to complete this simple matter.

I hope all the Feb/Mar test takers get their oath letter soon.

star200

Mar 28, 2014
canadiansoon said:
Nothing yet and I haven't been calling. Test: February 18, but I was told that my scores are uploaded a week ago so I am not sure if that means anything.

Keep calm and keep waiting :) That should be the CIC tagline.
They told me the same thing last week, I also did my test on Feb 18th, Please let me know if you get your letter.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
The letter for an oath was finally sent out yesterday for me. It looks like they're slowly getting through applications now. I requested an ATIP on May 2nd and since then the judge looked at my application quickly, made a decision and sent it over to the Scarborough office so I recommend all of you to do the same :)

Here is my timeline for those interested:

Applied - April 2012
RQ and finger prints - December 2012
Test - Feb 7th, 2014
2nd Finger print request - March 5th, 2014
Oath - June 16th, 2014

Also, another tip - make sure when you call them you ask specific questions like has the judge approved my case and where is my file now. Otherwise, they will give you a very generic answer.

Good luck to all!

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is some statistics from this thread:

Test taken in Feb 2014
# persons taken test=31
# persons received oath date=12 [39%]
Avg days bet test and oath=101 [max:129 min:49]

Test taken in Mar 2014
# persons taken test=32
# persons received oath date=12 [38%]
Avg days bet test and oath=76 [max:105 min:60]

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
JTM said:
Thanks to all who offered some explanation about the delay at St Clair office. It is really unfortunate that they have decided to take most tests at St Clair without assigning sufficient resources.

Another question that puzzles me is why does it take so long to upload test results? It can be easily done right after the interview when you sign the result. The agent can input the result, and then call the next person. But it seems they take months to complete this simple matter.

I hope all the Feb/Mar test takers get their oath letter soon.
I share your frustration. candidates did not chose to give the test at St.Claire location, probably based on the postal codes test locations might have been assigned.

One thing stands out, due to individual candidates details each file may take different processing time till the time of Citizenship test.

Its assumed that all investigation were completed and then only a candidate is called for the test. Therefore, logically after passing the test it should follow some sequence, first in first out. Unfortunately, candidates who passed the test waiting from Feb'014 are still waiting in dark without update on the Online system nor explanation why there is so much delay.

Strangely the CIC system DID NOT update the results of Citizenship tests even after 4 months. Their status show "In Process", its defies the logic, possibly they are putting all the files in some lottery box, and pick few every day..... ;D ;D ;D , It terrible waiting without help.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a simple 'cherry picking' process
Some get lucky and some get screwed...I fall under the 'screwed' category...

All the Best!

Canadiandesi2006 said:
I share your frustration. candidates did not chose to give the test at St.Claire location, probably based on the postal codes test locations might have been assigned.

One thing stands out, due to individual candidates details each file may take different processing time till the time of Citizenship test.

Its assumed that all investigation were completed and then only a candidate is called for the test. Therefore, logically after passing the test it should follow some sequence, first in first out. Unfortunately, candidates who passed the test waiting from Feb'014 are still waiting in dark without update on the Online system nor explanation why there is so much delay.

Strangely the CIC system DID NOT update the results of Citizenship tests even after 4 months. Their status show "In Process", its defies the logic, possibly they are putting all the files in some lottery box, and pick few every day..... ;D ;D ;D , It terrible waiting without help.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
daktrader said:

All the Best!
darktrader you should totally go for a lawyer, you have been waiting way over 36 months.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
daktrader said:

All the Best!
Hi Daktrader: Indeed its terrible to see that you are waiting for so long. That makes our pain more tolerable. I wish you and all my fellow victim of CIC's apathy for only miracle as there is no rhythm or logical process at St.Claire office.

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
Does any March test taker whose original office is St. Clair get the oath letter?

I wrote the test on March 17th. I called CIC last week and was told by the agent that the test result has not been uploaded yet. My application was submitted in Feb 2012 and I have been waiting for 27 months. :( :( :(

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
laomai said:
Does any March test taker whose original office is St. Clair get the oath letter?

I wrote the test on March 17th. I called CIC last week and was told by the agent that the test result has not been uploaded yet. My application was submitted in Feb 2012 and I have been waiting for 27 months. :( :( :(
[I have been waiting for 32 months :(:(:(]