Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAN_APPLICANT said:
Hi Folks,

Good news!!! Today my E-cas got updated!!! My Oath ceremony is on 31st March!!!! :)

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting for their Oath ceremony notification!!!

Following from ecas:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on January 22, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 18, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations :)
was your test in St Clair office?

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again,

I called them now my file still at st Clair and they have to review my RQ. I checked my mail box and there is no oath letter yet. Congrats guys who received oath letter. I HOPE W WILL HAVE OATH LETTER NEXT WEEK.....

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
[quote author=oathie link=topic=183755.msg2990849#msg2990849 date=1395362877]
How do you know about it simplyproductive.
[/quote]

Eight of us got Oath notice (RQ recipient and non RQ)
One of us non RQ got citizenship within 5 months; In contrast my one took 15 months with RQ.

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
I took my test on February 10 , and after the interview , the officer said she would have to order my CBSA records which takes 2-3 days for her to obtain .
I submitted my cbsa records a few days after i first submitted my RQ . However, she went through my RQ but she said she couldnt find it . Perhaps CIC Scarborough didnt enclose my CBSA to the original RQ.
long story short, I called CIC today , and the agent said my RQ is still under reviewing process .

we already had people from February 10 and 11 had their oath letters. and some people from Feb 14 had their files transferred back to Scarborough

my assumption is that my application is delayed due to the extra days needed for the CIC officer to obtain my CBSA records . she mentioned 2-3 days . but it could be a week or two .
i believe the CIC officer sent my file to the judge one or two weeks after my interview .

However, the good news is that CIC is processing RQ in timely manner . So I am not worried . I already checked my CBSA records and my declared absences are exactly the same as those recorded by CBSA .

lets keep faith .
We already waited so many years . So extra few days or week wont hurt us any more.

in the process of becoming Canadian , the RQ brought us together on this forum, and strengthened the sense of understanding and sympathy among us .
At least , we all know what we all went through in order to become Canadian.

Wish you all a great weekend :)

eu_can

Mar 18, 2014
freebird3000 said:
lets keep faith .
We already waited so many years . So extra few days or week wont hurt us any more.

in the process of becoming Canadian , the RQ brought us together on this forum, and strengthened the sense of understanding and sympathy among us .
At least , we all know what we all went through in order to become Canadian.

Wish you all a great weekend :)
Thank you for your optimistic words!!!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried calling CIC and they told me that my file is still at St. Claire. I took the test on 24th Feb 2014 and passed with a perfect score. I had an RQ and no other info available.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file didn't move to scarborough yet. I wrote my test at St. Claire on 24th Feb 2014. I had an RQ. Did anyone else call CIC till now? I mean the ones who wrote the test at St. Claire between 18th Feb and 27th Feb.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
My file didn't move to scarborough yet. I wrote my test at St. Claire on 24th Feb 2014. I had an RQ. Did anyone else call CIC till now? I mean the ones who wrote the test at St. Claire between 18th Feb and 27th Feb.
No sense in calling cic. At best we are likely to get inconsistent answers.
Hopefully next week more oath letters will be sent out.

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
larine said:
I called cic 2 days ago and agent asked be about my test. I said I had it with perfect score and they still didn't have my result. This is scaring me now honestly !!