+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
All the people RQd need their files to be reviewed and approved by a judge after passing the test/interview.
All the people who didn't, don't need such review by a judge (only by a CIC officer).

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
@Wayne: That's not correct, all files with or without RQ's are reviewed and approved by a judge after test and interview.I didn't have RQ but the cic officer told me that i should get oath invite within 3-6 months after file is approved by a judge

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree - all files must be approved by a judge. Mind you a lot of ppl recently got their oath invites on the SAME day as their test. But most likely in those cases they were never RQed and pre-approved by the judge provided they passed the test.

St Clair said:
@ Wayne: That's not correct, all files with or without RQ's are reviewed and approved by a judge after test and interview.I didn't have RQ but the cic officer told me that i should get oath invite within 3-6 months after file is approved by a judge

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
St Clair said:
@ bangloboy:I never got RQ, i had my Test Nov.20th 2013 Passed with 100% and no oath date yet
start processing: Feb. 13
RQ sent back: Aug. 13
Test passed: 24 Feb. St.Clair
There was a recent stamp in my passport, more than a year after the period we are asked to fullfil the days I was not thinking that this can be important. Officer asked me to re-translate the passport with the new stamps on it, and mail to them and told that this will help the judge. Also, it seems that they interesting to know what is the current situation of the applicant and where are they living/working now. something that is not legally correct.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
I was not told a word about mine going through a judge.
All she said was "you will get an invite in 4 - 6 weeks on the mail". But in fact, she first said "let me confirm if they are giving invites today", then she came back and said that they were not giving out any that day.
By contrast, the ones RQd report the same line "must go through the judge".

And in my case she was very interested to hear what I was doing now and before too (meaning employment).

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
The ones in that same office (Mississauga) before me (Feb. 06) and after, got the invite right on the spot. They did not go through a judge at all.
Read the postings.
And not only that, they had and are having their oath ceremonies the following week!

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
BalajiR said:
thanks simplyproductive.........

my timeline

18th Oct 2012: Application Received
18th Oct 2012: Acknowledgement along with study book
12th Jan 2013: Started Processing
23rd Aug 2013: RQ received-Scarborough office
7th Sept 2013 :RQ response received at scarborough office
23rd Dec 2013: CIT-0521 dated 23rd Dec 2013 from St. Clair

I received my purple test notice on 29th Jan 2014 dated as 24th Jan 2014 to write the test on Feb 24th, 2013 1PM at St. Claire.

the test was really easy. it went smooth.

the interview I think went well. I had lost my passport including the CoPR in July 2009. this was noted in the replacement passport I had. I was pretty much transparent with regard to my dates of travel. The lady didn't actually even verify the RQ documents I had sent. she asked me if I sent all the requested proofs and I said I did. I told her that I didn't remember what docs I sent as its been a while since I sent them. She verified the dates. She also had questions about my work. I'm currently in-between jobs and told a couple of job I had previously. but I was working between May 2009 and Oct 2012 which is the 4 years under consideration. 6 months prior to that I was doing odd jobs and was looking for jobs. I had already provided my tax assessments for the same. currently I own my house and have provided my property tax bills. the only question I have in my mind is if they would be asking if I'm not supporting my family which is the responsibility. I do take care, but they might have question how I do it without a job. I told them that I left my last job because it was not a right fit. You never know what they think. But I'm pretty sure my physical residency can be validated. Finally she said my file needs to be reviewed by a judge.

She didn't give me any excuse but just said the file needs to be reviewed by a judge. It was dumb on my part not to ask if its a standard procedure or because she was not sure of the case decision. Its just getting me worried because she said Judge needs to review. If its not a standard procedure, then reviewing file by a judge - God knows how long it takes....
By the way she mentioned that I can wait for 4 months and call the call centre if I don't hear anything......that was ........Any info or comments will help me........
thanks
We don't know what's in they're mind. I am waiting 16 month's ,but
My wife's time line Applied Oct 2013 Oath March 10,2014 never work in her life, last 4 years 6 overseas trip.

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
Come on St Clair!! What is going on? No oath news yet
Passed Test/Interview since Nov. 20th, 2013
Anyone on the same page? please share

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010