+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elfina said:
SAHSAN, I hear you.
We have similar cases. My test was in Sept 2014, no word since then. Initial docs recd on Nov-2013.
Oh no, how frustrating! I am getting annoyed after 6 weeks only... Actually someone else who gave the test on the same date as me already had her oath so its doubly annoying. This doesnt make sense!

federiko

Jul 17, 2015
SAHSAN said:
Oh no, how frustrating! I am getting annoyed after 6 weeks only... Actually someone else who gave the test on the same date as me already had her oath so its doubly annoying. This doesnt make sense!
Dont worry i've been wanting for more than 3 months....no news yet..

Elfina

Nov 19, 2014
Sahsan - not to discourage you but once you have been handed RQ, stop counting days and weeks, they will soon be months. I wish CIC hires me as head of the application processing division, I will fix the mess and unfairness the office has created. Its a joke!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

bouyaka

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the oath letter today for the ceremony on Setp. 23rd after passing the test on Aug. 24th. One month between the two.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
bouyaka said:
I received the oath letter today for the ceremony on Setp. 23rd after passing the test on Aug. 24th. One month between the two.
Congrats

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello folks,
I didn't get my test yet. My application is still "In Process".
I'll just start following this thread for when the time comes to share my "after the test" timeline.

Cheers!

mouney20

Mar 26, 2010
Masrawy said:
test 12 June in Montreal, no news since then :(
Sorry for the horrible wait. On your test date, did they tell you how long it will take to get the oath ceremony invitation ? Most people get 2 - 4 months. Since you are in the last month of the wait period, is there any action an applicant can take if the Montreal office exceeds the 4 months wait period? ATIP was an option in the phase before the test. In the after-the-test phase, not sure about what one can do.

Masrawy

Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good Morning Applicants

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being Canadian, invitation letter was sent on 14 Sep ( no Ecase update till now showing test invitation) and oath date was on the 29 September. everybody signed the form for the new bill before ceremony. a process of three hours that is leaving a smile on my face for two days now . Thanks for all the shared info and for those who run the forum and those are active sharing there knowledge . wish you all be welcomed in the Canadian family soon.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Masrawy said:
good Morning Applicants

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being Canadian, invitation letter was sent on 14 Sep ( no Ecase update till now showing test invitation) and oath date was on the 29 September. everybody signed the form for the new bill before ceremony. a process of three hours that is leaving a smile on my face for two days now . Thanks for all the shared info and for those who run the forum and those are active sharing there knowledge . wish you all be welcomed in the Canadian family soon.
Congratulations for joining the Canadian family and hope to join you in the family soon :)

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Almost 2 months since Test passed and no news yet for Oath :(

anish_s

Jan 20, 2010
Hello Addu123

Did anyone ever get back to you? I am in a similar situation and need some help and advice from other members here.
I have my hearing coming up on the 15th of October in Montreal. Below is my time line.

Applied - Nov 2012
Was RQ'ed around Sept 2013
Citizenship test and interview on February 2014
Received 2 additional mini-RQ's i.e. CIT-0520 requesting tax returns, bank/credit card statements and docs to prove that I was residing in Canada
Finally got a letter yester day 06 Oct 2015 to appear before judge for hearing.

I personally have no clue what the hearing is going to be all about so, If any advice from someone who has gone through similar pains will be much appreciated.
They have requested originals of Personal Id's, PR Card, Passport and any other document that was submitted with the original application.

Can anyone help me figure out what documentation should I be taking with me along with the obvious one's mentioned above?

Also, what questions can I expect to be probed on by the Hon. CJ? I understand that it will depend on the individual, but if anyone has any views please share with me.
Thanks in advance!

Either ways this long journey seems to be coming to an end. Hopefully it will be positive :)

addu123 said:
Hello all,

I finally got my hearing date coming up in few days. Does anyone have any suggestions what to prepare for the hearing?

pl480502

Oct 5, 2015
Did my test and interview on the 5th Oct. Waiting for the next step. Hopefully just a decision made and a oath letter...

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anish_s said:
Hello Addu123

Did anyone ever get back to you? I am in a similar situation and need some help and advice from other members here.
I have my hearing coming up on the 15th of October in Montreal. Below is my time line.

Applied - Nov 2012
Was RQ'ed around Sept 2013
Citizenship test and interview on February 2014
Received 2 additional mini-RQ's i.e. CIT-0520 requesting tax returns, bank/credit card statements and docs to prove that I was residing in Canada
Finally got a letter yester day 06 Oct 2015 to appear before judge for hearing.

I personally have no clue what the hearing is going to be all about so, If any advice from someone who has gone through similar pains will be much appreciated.
They have requested originals of Personal Id's, PR Card, Passport and any other document that was submitted with the original application.

Can anyone help me figure out what documentation should I be taking with me along with the obvious one's mentioned above?

Also, what questions can I expect to be probed on by the Hon. CJ? I understand that it will depend on the individual, but if anyone has any views please share with me.
Thanks in advance!

Either ways this long journey seems to be coming to an end. Hopefully it will be positive :)
Hi Anish

I am also almost in your condition from Ottawa. Did you get Decision Made!!!! Thanks

Elfina

Nov 19, 2014
pan1234,

good information, did you take Oath?
decision made in july, what happened after that?
Did you go thru hearing?
thanks