+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
my oath confirmation is not in ecas yet. but other stuffs usually updated on the same day.
I received the letter by mail today so I guess ecas will update tomorrow or end of this week.

good luck and what is your timeline.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
quebec resident
call CIC - and see if your file is approved and in queue for ceremony.
I called 2 days after my exam and they said my file was approved. in 2 weeks I got the invitation

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Quebec resident
if you don't have RQ pre-test and I am sure you get your letter within a week or perhaps tomorrow :)
the only difference is I gave test after Aug 01 - CO can approve the file right away.
yours fall before Aug 01 - but regardless if your file is approved then you should be ok.

montapp

Aug 18, 2014
I had my test on Aug/8th and last week the call centre agent told me it was approved on 13th. No oath invitation yet, though.
There doesn't seem to be any logic or order in who will be invited when. Is there?

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
cic8888 said:
Quebec resident
if you don't have RQ pre-test and I am sure you get your letter within a week or perhaps tomorrow :)
the only difference is I gave test after Aug 01 - CO can approve the file right away.
yours fall before Aug 01 - but regardless if your file is approved then you should be ok.
hi,
for those case with RQ pre-test, what is the different process from the case without RQ pretest? how much longer compare with the case without RQ?

Thanks!

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
if you have RQ - then it depends when did you submitted your documents. and when did you take your exam.
plus have you called CIC and is your file approved and are you in queue.
if not approved, then it depends on the local office to process your RQ. from this forum, I see minimum 3 months to max 6 months + for RQ review.
what is your time line and status

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
cic8888 said:
if you have RQ - then it depends when did you submitted your documents. and when did you take your exam.
plus have you called CIC and is your file approved and are you in queue.
if not approved, then it depends on the local office to process your RQ. from this forum, I see minimum 3 months to max 6 months + for RQ review.
what is your time line and status
hi,
my time line are as following:
Oct 2011, submited;
Nov 2012 In process;
May 2013 RQ;
Jun 2013 returned RQ;
Aug 21, 2014 test;
oath waiting now.

Thanks!

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
if you get test date after a year which means chances are your RQ was already reviewed. (but have you called CIC or requested GCMS notes)
when was the last time you called CIC - call and ask if they see your test results updated and any news about RQ or am I in queue for ceremony etc.
if agent is not responding call again - it happened to me too.

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
cic8888 said:
if you get test date after a year which means chances are your RQ was already reviewed. (but have you called CIC or requested GCMS notes)
when was the last time you called CIC - call and ask if they see your test results updated and any news about RQ or am I in queue for ceremony etc.
thanks!

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
cic8888 said:
hi cic8888,
i called cic call center just now, and the agent told me it is too latest from my test date(Aug 21,2014) to see any update in my file, she suggested me to call them again in about sep 20.

anyway, thanks again!

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi, you need to call often until you get a nice agent who can actually get inside your file and tell you.
it happens to all of us.