Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Update guys:

I called today and they sent me the letter for the oath 2 days ago. My oath is on the 8th of September. very happy :) :)

The ecas is not updated yet.

Yupeeeee :D
Congratulations farrous13!! So happy for you!! :)

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, does anybody used a mailing address? Do you think it could slow the process?

Thanks,

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
Donizinho said:
Congratulations farrous13!! So happy for you!! :)
dear Donizinho,
you wrote test in Feb, and get oath in Aug, it took 6 months for process, a bit long than normal case, what is the reason? is the RQ case need more process than the case without RQ?
I wrote the test in Aug, a couple days ago, and the officer told me in the interview that they will send me a letter in about 6 months for further information. i heard lot of people said the officer told them the next information will be 2-3 month instead of 6 months, that is my concerning.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Update guys:

I called today and they sent me the letter for the oath 2 days ago. My oath is on the 8th of September. very happy :) :)

The ecas is not updated yet.

Yupeeeee :D
Way to go Farrous13. This means on average it is 3-4 month from test to Oath invitation.. We will call them next month as we have a 1 week trip around the estimated Oath date.. so They do not schedule an Oath right before or during the trip

erafdje

May 28, 2013
nsnniu said:
dear Donizinho,
you wrote test in Feb, and get oath in Aug, it took 6 months for process, a bit long than normal case, what is the reason? is the RQ case need more process than the case without RQ?
I wrote the test in Aug, a couple days ago, and the officer told me in the interview that they will send me a letter in about 6 months for further information. i heard lot of people said the officer told them the next information will be 2-3 month instead of 6 months, that is my concerning.
That's part of the new process that is live since mid august

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nsnniu said:
dear Donizinho,
Hi, nsnniu!

I really don't know! We wrote test in Feb, as you said and we called more than 6 times until Aug.
At the interview, the agent told us that it will take 2-4 months. But when we called they said that it could take 6 months after test or 36 months from the begining, as we had RQ.
After April, every time we called CIC, all the agents said that we were approved by the juge and we were in line for oath, but that we should wait.
At the begining of Aug, following what montrealia suggested, I ordered GCMS notes, via ATIP. And less then one week after that, I received oath letter.

I know many cases that applicants got their oath letter after 2 months or less. But I also know many cases that they got letter after 6 months (usually family applications, with 4 people).

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Here is my timeline:

App. received by cic: August 7 2013
Test date : July 7 2014
RQ date: July 7 2014 (on test day)...officer mainly mentioned he wants to have a look at my bank statements, and advised me to respond to RQ asap so that they assign me a ceremony date. ( hope that he was not being sarcastic)
Replied RQ: July 30 2014

Will keep you posted!

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
Donizinho said:
Hi, nsnniu!

I really don't know! We wrote test in Feb, as you said and we called more than 6 times until Aug.
At the interview, the agent told us that it will take 2-4 months. But when we called they said that it could take 6 months after test or 36 months from the begining, as we had RQ.
After April, every time we called CIC, all the agents said that we were approved by the juge and we were in line for oath, but that we should wait.
At the begining of Aug, following what montrealia suggested, I ordered GCMS notes, via ATIP. And less then one week after that, I received oath letter.

I know many cases that applicants got their oath letter after 2 months or less. But I also know many cases that they got letter after 6 months (usually family applications, with 4 people).
Hi,
Thanks for quick reply.
what the cic call center mean 36 months from the beginning, here, the "beginning means the file recieved date or the RQ revcieve date? for example in my case, my application date is OCT, 2011, Nov, 2012 star IP, RQ date is May, 2013, wrote test in Aug, 2014, so when shoub be the date of after 36 moths from beginning? OCT, 2014or May,2016? i really confuse.

dafunk

Aug 16, 2013
Quebec resident said:
Hi all
I also passed the test on June 5th , still waitting
When called Cic , the agent told me that my application was approuved, and that I am on list for cerimony
Now CIC , takes long time to invite people for cerimony
Dear quebec resident

I guess we did the test on the same day.
Did you have an RQ before the test

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erafdje said:
please let us know when your ecas gonna be updated
Hi, the ecas is updated either yesterday or today. I checked Friday multiple times during the day, but the ecas wasn't updated.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nsnniu said:
Hi,
Thanks for quick reply.
what the cic call center mean 36 months from the beginning, here, the "beginning means the file recieved date or the RQ revcieve date? for example in my case, my application date is OCT, 2011, Nov, 2012 star IP, RQ date is May, 2013, wrote test in Aug, 2014, so when shoub be the date of after 36 moths from beginning? OCT, 2014or May,2016? i really confuse.

Hi, nsnniu.
The begining means the date CIC received our application, in our case, October 21, 2011.
36 months would be October, 2014.

Good luck!