+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
Things are too slow in Montreal.. :( Wife passed test last July 23rd.. no news yet from CIC.
She had an RQ back in Feb.. someone told her that the RQ gets processed after the test these days.. which is strange.
had my test june 11 and still waiting he he he

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hoping_canadian - have you contacted call center? did they approve or you are in queue for ceremony?

I guess agents when they see test results passed - they right away say you are good and in queue for ceremony. they don't say Approved or pending approval etc

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
Hoping_canadian - have you contacted call center? did they approve or you are in queue for ceremony?

I guess agents when they see test results passed - they right away say you are good and in queue for ceremony. they don't say Approved or pending approval etc
well i called them on July 30 and they said myfile was approved July 17. I have to wait for approx 3 years since i got the RQ last Feb 2014. My application date is Oct 2013 so the agent told me to wait until October 2016 (3 years Non routine aps)

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi Hoping_canadian,
if your file is approved on July 17 - you should get an oath soon.

or when call center agent says - your file is approved? what does it technically mean? perhaps senior members help!

thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
hi Hoping_canadian,
if your file is approved on July 17 - you should get an oath soon.

or when call center agent says - your file is approved? what does it technically mean? perhaps senior members help!

thanks
well i just call them, and my file is approved but no sched yet. they are reviewing the documents i passed for RQ 8)

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hey Hoping_canadian -
so what does exactly Approved means? did the agent tell you?
if they say your file is approved, why do they review your RQ now? it should have been done before right?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
Hey Hoping_canadian -
so what does exactly Approved means? did the agent tell you?
if they say your file is approved, why do they review your RQ now? it should have been done before right?
Well she said that the Judge approved my file. and reviewing my papers which i submitted RQ.

Other than that she said there is nothing mentioned in you file.

No sched he he he

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think to my knowledge, Judge approval happens after RQ review. if yours is approved it means you RQ is done :)

Quebec resident

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hi all
I also passed the test on June 5th , still waitting
When called Cic , the agent told me that my application was approuved, and that I am on list for cerimony
Now CIC , takes long time to invite people for cerimony

erafdje

May 28, 2013
Hi,

I have a friend who passed their exam 1 month after me. They are already canadians.

We passed our test on May 27th. Did anybody from may or june get his oath invitation

Thanks

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update guys:

I called today and they sent me the letter for the oath 2 days ago. My oath is on the 8th of September. very happy :) :)

The ecas is not updated yet.

Yupeeeee :D