+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath outside of Canada

uyuki314

Apr 26, 2015
Hello all,

I recently received my online Oath schedule the end of April.
I do understand that I have to confirm that I am in Canada to take oath even if it is held online.
I was wondering if I take my oath online, would they know that I am not in Canada?

Thank you all for you help!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello all,

I do understand that I have to confirm that I am in Canada to take oath even if it is held online.
I was wondering if I take my oath online, would they know that I am not in Canada?

Reply back to the email that sent you oath invitation saying you wanna request taking oath outside Canada. They will forward the request to Registar of Canadian citizenship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

Yes they will know that you are outside Canada and you will be asked whether you are outside Canada. If you lie you essentially put your citizenship approval at risk. You can try to request an oath while abroad and the reason why you can’t come to Canada.

uyuki314

Apr 26, 2015
Yes they will know that you are outside Canada and you will be asked whether you are outside Canada. If you lie you essentially put your citizenship approval at risk. You can try to request an oath while abroad and the reason why you can’t come to Canada.
Thank you for your reply.
Just curiosity, will they know even if I changed my VPN?

I will send an email to IRCC !

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thank you for your reply.
Just curiosity, will they know even if I changed my VPN?

I will send an email to IRCC !
See, you wanna use VPN to route via a Canadian server to get a Canadian IP but this can always be traced back: Canadian IP->Canadian ISP->Foreign ISP->Foreign IP. Your Canadian ISP knows your traffic routing. There's no secrete for anything digital even bitcoin wallet address can be traced by FBI. Have you heard of the "Prism Project"?
They won't bother to do it but they can if they want to. You're beyond their jurisdiction and the only thing they know through a Canadian ISP is your IP isn't Canadian but a masked IP which is enough to tell that you're not in Canada.

Last edited:

uyuki314

Apr 26, 2015
See, you wanna use VPN to route via a Canadian server to get a Canadian IP but this can always be traced back: Canadian IP->Canadian ISP->Foreign ISP->Foreign IP. Your Canadian ISP knows your traffic routing. There's no secrete for anything digital even bitcoin wallet address can be traced by FBI. Have you heard of the "Prism Project"?
They won't bother to do it but they can if they want to. You're beyond their jurisdiction and the only thing they know through a Canadian ISP is your IP isn't Canadian but a masked IP which is enough to tell that you're not in Canada.
Thank you so much for you detailed reply!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I got approved to take my Oath outside of Canada and went smoothly on July 16th.
Looks like rescheduling took your another 3 months?