+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Thank u for ur reply.. I applied in june n had my test on the 18th of november and i am still in process so u think i can have my oath in January??
I've checked the CIC page today and they haven't published new oath ceremony dates in January yet. Per the forum discussions, they conducted a ceremony in the third week of January last year and personally I'm expecting the same schedule this year as well. However, it is hard to predict the oath timeline in my opinion since it does not look consistent for everyone. There is a person in the forum from Ottawa writing the test on Dec 2 this year and s/he got oath invitation for Dec 18. Back to your question, it is difficult to predict if you'll get an oath invitation in January; however taking the current timeline tendency in the forum into account if there's any oath ceremonies in Ottawa in January they will be most likely for second and third week test takers in my opinion. But again it is really hard to predict, we should wait and see.

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GO4444 said:
who is, in spreadsheet???
No, not in the spreadsheet, he/she posted the timeline in April 2015 applicants thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2015-citizenship-applicants-t272701.0.html;msg4834419#msg4834419

Reply# 1686

GO4444

Oct 29, 2015
ottawanboy said:
No, not in the spreadsheet, he/she posted the timeline on April 2015 applicants thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2015-citizenship-applicants-t272701.0.html;msg4834419#msg4834419

Reply# 1686
Thanks for clarification

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi, is there any way to contact the ottawa office at 200 catherine st other than letter? I dont see their phone number, email or fax numbers any where?

I missed my oath ceremony and have written letter but have not heard back from them, so anxious to confirm their received my letter. thanks

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAS said:
Hi, is there any way to contact the ottawa office at 200 catherine st other than letter? I dont see their phone number, email or fax numbers any where?

I missed my oath ceremony and have written letter but have not heard back from them, so anxious to confirm their received my letter. thanks
I think you should call CIC agent not Ottawa Office. To call CIC you can see a number on your Oath ceremony letter. Thanks

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
thanks. CIC agent just asked me to send letter of explanation to the Ottawa CIC office and he mentioned the only way to communicate with them is through letter. I wrote letter to Ottawa CIC office and have not heard back from them. When I call CIC agent they say just wait.

Buddha1906

Nov 12, 2015
my advice is that you officially write to CIC and send the document via registered mail. I do not trust the call centre. my experience with the call centre was very bad. I call two times in the same day and talk to different agent and received completely contradictory information.

FAS said:
thanks. CIC agent just asked me to send letter of explanation to the Ottawa CIC office and he mentioned the only way to communicate with them is through letter. I wrote letter to Ottawa CIC office and have not heard back from them. When I call CIC agent they say just wait.

Buddha1906

Nov 12, 2015
there is no clear and specific pattern in how we take the test and go for the oath. I did my test in August 2015 and thereafter received request for fingerprint and to send CRA notice of assessment. I was lucky to take the oath in December as there was 14 oath ceremonies that took place from 1-17 Dec in Ottawa. I do not know if this was exceptional Christmas gift but if they get back to their normal routine then it will be every 3rd weeks and it is in group of 70-80 people

ottawanboy said:
I've checked the CIC page today and they haven't published new oath ceremony dates in January yet. Per the forum discussions, they conducted a ceremony in the third week of January last year and personally I'm expecting the same schedule this year as well. However, it is hard to predict the oath timeline in my opinion since it does not look consistent for everyone. There is a person in the forum from Ottawa writing the test on Dec 2 this year and s/he got oath invitation for Dec 18. Back to your question, it is difficult to predict if you'll get an oath invitation in January; however taking the current timeline tendency in the forum into account if there's any oath ceremonies in Ottawa in January they will be most likely for second and third week test takers in my opinion. But again it is really hard to predict, we should wait and see.

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
@buddha1906

Thank u for the information..
Can u pls tell me u received ur fingerprint request after the test with approximatly how long? 10 days a month??
N during the interview did they tell u that they will need extra documents??

Thanks a lot

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy new year everyone! Anyone heard/received anything about the oath ceremony in Ottawa in January? Thanks!

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hello everyone..
I am still in process after i made the test on the 18th of november..! :( anyone in the same situation?
Is this normal to b still in process after more than a month n a half.. I had a smooth interview..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hello everyone..
I am still in process after i made the test on the 18th of november..! :( anyone in the same situation?
Is this normal to b still in process after more than a month n a half.. I had a smooth interview..
Probably because of holidays, things got pushed. If you have the required number of days and everything is OK, it should take may be few more weeks before you get you Oath Invitation. Wish you all the best.

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hello everyone..
Happy New Year @Fortheloveofcanada and to all of the Forum Members,
Same situation my friend, nothing new since the test date 18th Nov.