Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
It was in August...
what made me worried is that I saw others who had tests after me (in Ottawa),
and they got DM within 3-7 days...

CIC, amazingly succeed in screwing all possible date monitoring that applicants can maintain!

Someone applied after you.. might get the test or oath way before you (in the same office)...

This forum has lots of sad/strange stories... so I was wondering if I would become my own :)

Interview went very well... but you'll never know because of the lack of transparency and we know nothing about how CIC is working internally.

Also its obvious that CIC officers are not at the same level of professionalism...huge part of assessment process is simply judgmental (specially to what triggers a RQ, which they say its random) ;D
Mary, try to stay positive and look at the bright side - you applied in December and had your test in August. its barely 9 months. I know people who applied 4-5 years ago and it took them 2.5 years to get the citizenship (without RQs). And it was normal at the time. So to see citizenship applications being processed in less than 12 months is really a step forward. Can it be better? Absolutely! But it did improve over last few years and we are lucky... So stay positive, the oath invitation will come!

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
Mary, try to stay positive and look at the bright side - you applied in December and had your test in August. its barely 9 months. I know people who applied 4-5 years ago and it took them 2.5 years to get the citizenship (without RQs). And it was normal at the time. So to see citizenship applications being processed in less than 12 months is really a step forward. Can it be better? Absolutely! But it did improve over last few years and we are lucky... So stay positive, the oath invitation will come!
Thanks for the encouraging words OrangeCup... sometimes I get carried away with negativity.
Cheers! :D

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DM is on average within 1 week (5 business days) after the test. And the oath is on average within 6 weeks after the test. Ottawa office has the shortest post-test (DM, oath) processing time. This is based on what I have observed on this forum.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirine1 said:
I read in another topic ( Ottawa applicants ) that some will have also their oath September 25 . Did u have decision made in August ? Mine August too .
Oh! That is a good news.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
After the test... How much time (average) is needed to change status to "Decision made"?

Should I be worried that I'm getting RQ for some reason?

The interview (after test) went very smooth... but my status was not updated until now! :(
Its still saying "in process" although its almost 5 weeks now since the test.
Relax you are almost there.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ridafaa said:
Hi,
I want to share with you my timeline:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.
2-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on February 18, 2015.
4-We sent you a notice on July 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM.
5-We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM.
Congratulations!
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
I agree!

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test done today.

19/20 for me and the same score for my wife.

They just asked for the passports (old and new), PR card, and another piece of ID.

Oath, as mentioned by the nice gentleman, 2-3 months.

Good luck to all!

PS. Didn't expect that Catherine St. is so busy that the parking beside the CIC office was already saying 'Lot Full' despite being there around 930am. We also didn't expect that that the interview would be done, standing up and not sitting down. Anyway, just some observations...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:
Test done today.

They just asked for the passports (old and new), PR card, and another piece of ID.

Good luck to all!

PS. Didn't expect that Catherine St. is so busy that the parking beside the CIC office was already saying 'Lot Full' despite being there around 930am. We also didn't expect that that the interview would be done, standing up and not sitting down. Anyway, just some observations...
I know right ? I was expecting the interview to be very private in an office or closed booth. But No it's just like standing at the bank with a teller and you can even hear interviews beside you if you pay really attention.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I know right ? I was expecting the interview to be very private in an office or closed booth. But No it's just like standing at the bank with a teller and you can even hear interviews beside you if you pay really attention.
yeah, I could hear the conversations beside me, the lady was being tested for english verbal proficiency, the other guy beside that lady was being asked what did they do for a living etc.

I wonder if other CIC offices also has the standing interview format as well.

Ike

Sep 17, 2015
Hi,
I wrote the test on July 29 ( Ottawa office) with a perfect score, the officer wanted to see my passports and that's all.
When I checked my e-cas status the following day it was already "Decision Made"

Seven weeks have gone by and I'm still waiting in vain for the invitation to the oath ceremony.
Is that normal?
How likely am I to have the ceremony before the federal elections?

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ike said:
Hi,
I wrote the test on July 29 ( Ottawa office) with a perfect score, the officer wanted to see my passports and that's all.
When I checked my e-cas status the following day it was already "Decision Made"

Seven weeks have gone by and I'm still waiting in vain for the invitation to the oath ceremony.
Is that normal?
How likely am I to have the ceremony before the federal elections?
what time frame for oath did the cic officer tell you? for our case, its 2-3 months.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:
Test done today.

Good luck to all!

Congratulations my friend!
Cheers,