+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
us2yow said:
Its very frustrating because they don't have their own judge and have to bring someone down from Montreal or other places.. Ottawa just had their ceremonies about a week ago 15, 17 and 18 Aug...so I don't think Sep schedule will be posted this fast
Why they cannot assign another judge for Ottawa ? Why it is a big deal,doing this ? People want to vote :eek:

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirine1 said:
Why they cannot assign another judge for Ottawa ? Why it is a big deal,doing this ? People want to vote :eek:
Hello,
1. Ottawa has no money
2. Our political figures do not care about this issue

Cheers my friend,

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Can someone please TELL ME ASAP what we need to bring to the citizenship ceremony exactly ????

I haven't RECEIVED THE OATH INVITATION LETTER YET BUT I SAW A NOTICE ON MY ECAS to come to the ceremony !

thanks !!!!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amazing21 said:
Can someone please TELL ME ASAP what we need to bring to the citizenship ceremony exactly ????

I haven't RECEIVED THE OATH INVITATION LETTER YET BUT I SAW A NOTICE ON MY ECAS to come to the ceremony !

thanks !!!!!
[/quote
Code:
[code]]
[/code]

When they send the invitation, they specify all doc's you need to bring with you. Please check may be it is listed on CIC site or any of the readers from this forum who received invitation should able to guide you.

In your case, since you did not received the invitation, besides the required documents, take the print out of ECAS where it ask you to attend the ceremony, may be you need to take passport for identification, PR card, SIN card etc.

Wish you all the best.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
beauhoe said:
September 21, and 22, only two days left for this month.
I read in another topic ( Ottawa applicants ) that some will have also their oath September 25 . Did u have decision made in August ? Mine August too .

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the test... How much time (average) is needed to change status to "Decision made"?

Should I be worried that I'm getting RQ for some reason?

The interview (after test) went very smooth... but my status was not updated until now! :(
Its still saying "in process" although its almost 5 weeks now since the test.

Ridafaa

Feb 28, 2015
Hi,
I want to share with you my timeline:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.
2-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on February 18, 2015.
4-We sent you a notice on July 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM.
5-We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Ridafaa said:
Hi,
I want to share with you my timeline:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.
2-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on February 18, 2015.
4-We sent you a notice on July 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM.
5-We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM.
Congratulations !

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
After the test... How much time (average) is needed to change status to "Decision made"?

Should I be worried that I'm getting RQ for some reason?

The interview (after test) went very smooth... but my status was not updated until now! :(
Its still saying "in process" although its almost 5 weeks now since the test.
HI Mary,

Was your test in July or August? (07/08?)
If it was in August then you shouldn't worry. My test was in July and the Decision Made status updated 3 weeks after. But i've seen people on this site getting their DM 6 weeks afterwords too.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
HI Mary,

Was your test in July or August? (07/08?)
If it was in August then you shouldn't worry. My test was in July and the Decision Made status updated 3 weeks after. But i've seen people on this site getting their DM 6 weeks afterwords too.
It was in August...
what made me worried is that I saw others who had tests after me (in Ottawa),
and they got DM within 3-7 days...

CIC, amazingly succeed in screwing all possible date monitoring that applicants can maintain!

Someone applied after you.. might get the test or oath way before you (in the same office)...

This forum has lots of sad/strange stories... so I was wondering if I would become my own :)

Interview went very well... but you'll never know because of the lack of transparency and we know nothing about how CIC is working internally.

Also its obvious that CIC officers are not at the same level of professionalism...huge part of assessment process is simply judgmental (specially to what triggers a RQ, which they say its random) ;D