Oath ceremony-Ottawa

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Thank u so much I'll check tomorrow , I'll see for all my answers
You are welcome. Enjoy your first night without the waiting stress.
Cheers,

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
beauhoe said:
I had the chance to approach the lady who presided the ceremony and asked her the obvious question about the pass. She told me that the idea behind the card is to give us the chance to travel around the country visiting many museums as well as parks, art galleries and historic centers to better know our new country. I remember her telling me that it is free for all our visits for a year so I think it is not one time thing. Nevertheless, I did not get the explanation she gave me about the 50% off the lowest available fare with VIA Rail Canada. I will ask that question tomorrow.
Have you been in Tokyo before?

Cheers,
I'll see tomorrow their website and see more information , I'm gonna register too .
No, I never been in Tokyo , I hope to visit it in future.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
I'll see tomorrow their website and see more information , I'm gonna register too .
No, I never been in Tokyo , I hope to visit it in future.
You are invited to join my team.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear OTTAWA2013,
Did you get your ATIP yet? I know that it doesn't matter to you anymore but I was just curious.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone!!

I'm back to share my experience, after becoming a proud Canadian Citizen today :)

my citizenship journey is mow completed :D :D

* Today I took the Oath and received my Canadian citizenship certificate , what a great moment !!! 87 new citizen from 33 different countries.

* When we entered the ceremony hall, they checked only the invitation letter, and took away our PR cards for good so you won't see it again lol :)
along with the consent form signed and dated.
* After that we were asked to sign 2 signatures on another form like the one you signed previously at the test time ,
it states that you have No ongoing or bending criminal record , or under investigation , it also states that you will say the Oath.
* Then, we were asked to take seats as per the number stated on our invitation letter.
* The CIC clerk gave us the relevant instructions and answered our queries before the Citizenship Judge entered the ceremony room.
* Then, the CJ addressed us for 15 minutes - it was very nice lady. After that, we took oaths in English and French. Then, the CJ addressed us again
for about 20 minutes.then everyone was called In order by name to receive the Citizenship Certificate. After that, we all sang O Canada for the
first time as Canadian citizens.
* after that, the CIC clerk gave us some information such as the Cultural Access Pass registration, applying for Canadian passport, etc.
* After that, the CJ gave us the opportunity for taking pictures with her.
* The entire ceremony (including taking pictures) lasted for about 75 minutes
* It took me 12 months to complete the process from start to finish , Not bad of a processing time, considering it's Ottawa office :) the slowest

I'd like to Thank you guys for all the support, and keep up the good work.
Best of luck to all the applicant's who are still in the journey and waiting for test / Oath
Oh! I thought the CIC-agent announced 78 that day. 79 seats were placed in the middle of the room for candidates and visitors were welcome to be seated on both sides. In addition, seats 13, 19, 25, 51 and another one that I could not see the number were empty, however, the agent who presided the ceremony announced 78 new Canadians from 33 different countries around the world. I may be wrong.
Cheers my friend,

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Dear OTTAWA2013,
Did you get your ATIP yet? I know that it doesn't matter to you anymore but I was just curious.
Cheers,

Yes actually it was kinda weird :) because i received it on the 10th .( the ceremony day ) so it was useless
but thanks to the officer who sent it of course :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Yes actually it was kinda weird :) because i received it on the 10th .( the ceremony day ) so it was useless
but thanks to the officer who sent it of course :)
Yeah! You applied on November 10th so I was thinking the last phrase on your records will be: "he is on his way for the oath"
Smile... Mine will be here on the 17th but I do not care anymore.
Cheers my friend,

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for sure that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for sure that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!
Very thoughtful. Thank you my friend. I applied for my passport today, receiving date December 30th. The up coming new year is going to be awesome.

Cheers,

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
beauhoe said:
It may be a mistake. CIC should be looking for her picture everywhere by now.
Cheers,
Hi beauhoe no it's not a mistake my friend told me all the people who were in the Ceremony they return to them one photo with the certificate and when she went to apply for the passport the clerk ask her about it and she said to her to don't scrap it and keep it with the certificate , it sound strange, did they ask u about the photo when you apply?
How about you ottawa2013 did they return to you one photo with your certificate

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Hi beauhoe no it's not a mistake my friend told me all the people who were in the Ceremony they return to them one photo with the certificate and when she went to apply for the passport the clerk ask her about it and she said to her to don't scrap it and keep it with the certificate , it sound strange, did they ask u about the photo when you apply?
How about you ottawa2013 did they return to you one photo with your certificate
Hello elen1984,
Hmmmm! It sounds very strange to me too. As you know, I applied for my passport on Friday and everything goes well without that phantom picture. Let me assure you that I did not get one and nobody at passport Canada asked me about it. A normal explanation I could give for the submission of two passport pictures with the application is that one stays with the headquarter (Sydney) and the other one with our local CIC. If what your friend is telling you is true, then let me recognize my limit to give a clear explanation of that CIC behavior. Nevertheless, the rules are changing every second and everything is possible.
How was your weekend?
Be blessed my friend.
Cheers,