+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nursing student seeking advice

emakhanom

Sep 15, 2017
Hi,

I am currently a student on an Adult Nursing course in the UK, however I currently work as a health aide/healthcare assistant. My inital intention was to try to become common law with my Canadian boyfriend who resides in Ontario after graduation via an extended stay, however I was wondering if it would be wiser to apply as a skilled worker or for express entry as my profession would be Nursing.

So my question lies here, what would be the best route to take;
Would I apply to become a RN in Ontario prior then seek citizenship, or can I apply solely as a health aide and go from there (however upon some research I learned that branching from a UK RN to a Canadian RN can be a lengthy process).

Do I need to become common law with my partner first and declare this in an application for express entry, or would it be better to apply just through family sponsorship as common law partners?

I am asking a few years prior to when I plan to make my actual application (when I graduate in 2019) or do I apply sooner than this? Just seeking general advice as I am unsure and confused as to how to approach migrating.