+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NURSE: With Graduate Nurse Visa and Work Permit. FSW or Provincial Nominee???

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hi guys,

I am currently working in one of the long term care facility here in Nova Scotia, CANADA with a 2 yr work permit, LMO and visa as GRADUATE NURSE. I am a Registered Nurse in my country. I've been working here more than a year now. I'm planning to apply my permanent residency SOON. I am just confused, will I apply as a Federal Skilled Worker-3 or as a Provincial Nominee? Can somebody please guide me.... It will be a great help!! Thanks. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is up to you to decide. A PNP might take less time but it's dependent on the employer. If you lose your job for some reason or want to quit, you may lose your application while if you apply as a skilled worker, you are not dependent on the employer.

meldzgs

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 31.2009
AOR Received.
feb 24,2010
File Transfer...
march 19, 2010
Med's Request
june 23,2010
Med's Done....
july 5-6, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
july 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sept 3, 2010 - HOPEFULLY
LANDED..........
Sept 27, 2010
hi there!

my advice to you is apply as a federal skilled worker. i am applying as FSW too from the philippines. I am seeking my eligibility in NS. I just want to know if whats the name of long term facility that you are working. I would like to apply for employment if there is an opening for nurses.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Leon said:
It is up to you to decide. A PNP might take less time but it's dependent on the employer. If you lose your job for some reason or want to quit, you may lose your application while if you apply as a skilled worker, you are not dependent on the employer.
Leon said:
Thanks. My employer is really cooperative. What makes me confused is that, I answered one of the assessment online (from Attorney David Cohen), and replied to me that I should go for the PNP rather than the FSW. My documents are all ready to go as FSW.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abisehiyo said:
Thanks. My employer is really cooperative. What makes me confused is that, I answered one of the assessment online (from Attorney David Cohen), and replied to me that I should go for the PNP rather than the FSW. My documents are all ready to go as FSW.
Maybe he felt you were tight with points for FSW. With PNP, you don't need any points.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
I don't know. I did the scoring online in CIC, I scored more than 70 points. I have IELTS, 2-3yrs experience, Bahelors degree diploma, etc.

thanks for replying here. Did you apply as FSW-3?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied as an FSW a million years ago, long before the new rules and categories. Landed in 2002, citizen since 2008.

Since you are a nurse, why do you not apply as FSW-1?