+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Now Living in USA on H1B got Canada medicals documents for PR

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Hey guys - its a tradeoff :::

If you want a better quality of life (Healthcare, Education, Crime Rate Etc) - choose Canada.
If you want more money and wider career opportunities - choose USA.

Regarding comparisons between Canada PR and US GC - they are not very different. If you are NOT born in India or China, getting a US greencard is no problem because there is no backlog. It does not take that long(PERM LABOR, I-140 and I-485) - maximum 2 years.
So for all those who have applied for US and Canada as a backup(other than those born in India or China) - DONT PANIC. As long as your documents are in order, you will get your US Green Card without delay.

ALWAYS REMEMBER 1 FACT ::

Total Number of Permanent Residents(Green Cards) taken by USA every year = 1.1 Million (www.dhs.gov)
Total Number of Permanent Residents(Landed Immigrants) taken by Canada every year = 250,000 (wwww.cic.gc.ca)

The Above Numbers speak for themselves - both USA and Canada still welcome a lot of immigrants every year depending on their populations.

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hi Experts

If I couldt make it / send my medical documents by given time line to ND CIC office , Will they extend the date or what are the consequences.

Highly appreciate your suggestions

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hello Experts

My Medical submition dead line is coming soon , at this junction iam trying to get my application transfer from india to usa ? Is it ok or I will be in the danger ?

ND CIC asked me to send medicals and passport. If I send only medicals now , can send passport later or I will visit to india after some time ? is it make sense ?

Fully confused ! ND CIC also not reponding to my email , Its almost 2 days.

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hey Guys

I have decided not send my passports.

1. I requested ND CIC to transfer my application to USA NY Buffalo Office.
2. Regarding Medicals also I asked them whether to send it to NY Office or CIC office once my file transferred to US NY office ?

Just waiting for their response, I got the confirmation reply , they might be reveiwing my case.

Thanks

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent, Hope things work out... It's lot harder to get into US and now can keep Canadian option too. Good luck.

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
H1BPRcanada

Who told you that delhi chc is not giving e-mail ansers?

I got the reply from them two times.

the email is : delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hey Guys

I got the response to consider my transfer request
Asked me to submit following proofs from USA employer

- A copy of the valid visa and passport.
- Proof of employment: If the applicant is employed, please also send a copy of the employment reference letter or a copy of the work contract.

I will send them shortly and update you guys

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,

I am in very confused state. we both are earnig a goog salary in india. I have got my visa. Now what to do? Go to canada or not? because, i cant get leave to go canada from my job.

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hey Guys

Canada ND office considered my transfer request.

I have sent following documents as per their request.

1.File Transfer Request (From India to USA)
2.Employement Proof myself and my wife in USA.
3.Valid Visa Documents for myself , my wife and kid.
4.Valid Passports for myself , my wife and kid.

Thanks

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hi

ND Canada Office sent me the letter saying that , we are closing your file at ND Office , we processed transferred request of your file to Buffalo NY office.

NY Buffalo office will communicates to you for further process.

My Questions.

1. My application online status showing application withdrawn (will I get new file number ? NY Office will treat my application as fresh one with new file number ?). any one has similar situation ? Experts please let me know if you know any information.

Thanks in advance

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
commonwealth said:
Keep you US option open, Canadian move might not work out. I know three of my friends with H1b, went to Canada on PR and worked for few months and came back to US--- Just a suggestion.

Canada is a good place to live. Good social benefits, you just have to get a start and deal with weather. Best of luck-
Hi commonwealth - Could you please share why your H1B friends returned to US? Is it because of lower salaries? weather?

Thank You
OrangeCounty

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
I am on H1B in US .. and have applied for Pr from ND. I dont understand that why is it illegel to stay in US without passport ?

I am planning to send my passport to ND through my husband(who works in india) and will wait for them to return ... me staying in US .
Is this thing illegal?

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCounty- Both, He was on a senior position here in US and had to take a pay check to work in Canada and then Canadian winter.... He lives in San Antonio - IT professional and doing excellent.

Individual circumstance and goals play a major role in there sort of situations so don't go with his experience, do you own analysis before you decide. Hope this helps- Good luck!