+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Now Living in USA on H1B got Canada medicals documents for PR

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Dear Gurus "

I applied for Canada PR skilled category in the year of 2004 from India , Year 2006 I came to USA On H1b , still iam on H1B my wife also on H1B. now I got canada medical documents for PR from India delhi office to usa address. (for your information i have changed only USA contact address for communication , I have not changed my application processiong from Delhi office india to USA office).
So far we havent applied for US GC process.

Now Iam in dilama whether to proceed with Canda PR formalities (medicals , PR Right fee and other documentation work) or not ? I have follwoing questions in my mind.

1. How to send my original passport to india ? (its illegal to live without passport in usa), is there any provision to handover or mail my passport to usa office by requesting canda immigriation department ?.
2.can I maintain my H1B and PR status ? Is it safe bet ? (by considerting market situation and visa issues in usa).
3.If I finish landing procedures and give my friends address to receive PR card,will I get PR cards ? I will return to USA and try for some full time jobs in canada companies for parmanent move to canada ? (just widening the scope for opportunities)

Any ideas and suggestions to handle this situation is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advace

P

pv

1. How to send my original passport to india ? (its illegal to live without passport in usa), is there any provision to handover or mail my passport to usa office by requesting canda immigriation department ?. [ I think u can not send your passport out of the country.. u need to look for the option ]
2.can I maintain my H1B and PR status ? Is it safe bet ? (by considerting market situation and visa issues in usa).[ if you are out from ur current company, then no way you can maintain ur H1b.. yes ofcourse you can maintain your PR after you complete all formalities ( like lending and etc...) ]
3.If I finish landing procedures and give my friends address to receive PR card,will I get PR cards ? [yes] I will return to USA and try for some full time jobs in canada companies for parmanent move to canada ? (just widening the scope for opportunities) [ yes you can do that.. ]

Good luck

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hi PV

Thank you for your valuble advice.

1. For Passport there is no other option with me (Iam more worriying about this option, any ideas are really appreciated) , I think the only option is leaving from USA to india entire family and send the passports to CIC Delhi and wait for the passports for 6 to 8 weeks. I feel this is very time consuming one option. (because of this at some point iam thinking of whether to go for PR or Not , having PR in my pocket how valuble to me and family ? howmuch iam secured ? any suggestions appreciated).

2 Hi PV , I think If we leave to canada permenently from my current company , till my H1 Validity period expire iam the prospect employee of my employer , I can work for my USA employerif i come to USA ,I cange my mind to back to us , once I back to usa again my employer will apply for my H1B extention. (as long as my relation with employer is good this is possible.).
3.Thanks for your suggestion.

kishore

Nov 11, 2008
Hi H1B

I think the best option for you is to transfer your file to USA. it may delay your PR processing for another 6 months but it is a safe bet.

There is no way you can send your passport to inida by mail.( only a friend can take your passport with your authorisation letter).

By transferring your file back to us you can save your money & travelling time. Moreover if you asked to come to an interview(india) at later stage then you have to travel all the way to india with your family.

Many of my friends on h1b have transferred their files to US and got their PR with no hassles and landed in canada and went back to US.

ALL the best

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
There is no chance of a transfer at this stage unless you want to start all over. I would suggest it is best to move to India and get the PPR. There is a saying in English: A bird in hand is worth two in bush. Either chase the American dream and wait for 5-6 years to get your GC or grab the Canadian PR which gives you the option of being a Canadian in 3 years and then pursuing other options too.

Mark

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Iam very glad to see your suggetions

Hi Kishore ! As Mark said I also feel there is no way you can transfer file from India to USA or country to country. (we have to start the entire process alover again as a new applicant in usa). If you have any friends who has done this before , please recheck and confirm to us , this information is very helpful to me for taking some decison. I really appreciate your help.

Ohh ! Can I send my , wife , and kid passports thourgh person and get back them with the person ? does'nt have any leagallly issues to do this ? if this option is there i can think about this kishore.

Hi Mark ! for USA GC there is no guarentee with in 6 years also , just apply and wait ! we dont know how much time will be taken now a days more than 8 years also, Iam a Post graduate , I can apply in EB2 but there is no time frame guarentee. I like the option having the canada PR in hand, after 6 years waiting i got this option. thats reason iam seriously thinking about this. (I think this option will not come again and again )
Once I have the PR , I can try for the full time opportunities in canada with PR status , if I get the good opportunity stay about 4 to 5 years till you get citizenship of canada then you have the TN1 Option to enter into USA !

One More general Q ! Dear Mark every one is saying US market is 50 times bigger than canada market ! Is it true ?

kishore

Nov 11, 2008
Hi H1B

Here is some encouraging news for you

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t25459.0.html

So speak to delhi CHC.

All the best

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
H1B:

There is no denying that the U.S. market is a lot bigger than Canadian market. However, don't make that your focal point. Just see if you can land a job in Canada after your PR. If the answer is YES, I would say go for Canada all out. As far as living standards go, Canada and U.S. are comparable. In fact, the UN lists Canada higher than the United States. There is also a study which claims that Canadians are overall happier than Americans. And like you said, as a Canadian you can always come to U.S. on TN visa. Not to forget that as a Canadian, you can even live in the U.S. for 6 months without the visa hassles. There are advantages and disadvantages to any country. All you need to see if where you fit in best. Cheers

Mark

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H1BPRcanada said:
Dear Gurus "

I applied for Canada PR skilled category in the year of 2004 from India , Year 2006 I came to USA On H1b , still iam on H1B my wife also on H1B. now I got canada medical documents for PR from India delhi office to usa address. (for your information i have changed only USA contact address for communication , I have not changed my application processiong from Delhi office india to USA office).
So far we havent applied for US GC process.

Now Iam in dilama whether to proceed with Canda PR formalities (medicals , PR Right fee and other documentation work) or not ? I have follwoing questions in my mind.

1. How to send my original passport to india ? (its illegal to live without passport in usa), is there any provision to handover or mail my passport to usa office by requesting canda immigriation department ?.
2.can I maintain my H1B and PR status ? Is it safe bet ? (by considerting market situation and visa issues in usa).
3.If I finish landing procedures and give my friends address to receive PR card,will I get PR cards ? I will return to USA and try for some full time jobs in canada companies for parmanent move to canada ? (just widening the scope for opportunities)

Any ideas and suggestions to handle this situation is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advace
I suggest you go to india and submit your passport, otherwise its probs for you, means its illegal to send passport outside your current residance country. even CIC Delhi also not accept it if you send courier out side your current residence country.

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Hi Mark

Thanks for you reply

I stongly agree with you , Visa works are not happening according to our individual wish either in USA or Canada , thats reason every individual is looking for more options as a backup plan . When you have job you feel so confident about yourself and happy living in USA, if you dont lots of tense. when you apply for visa extenstion in USA so tense till you get the extension. to avoid running back to home country , we are trying to catchup , ending with some confusion , taking you experts support/opinian/suggestions to handls difficult situations, where we fit with all thease regulations ? Puzzle ! still thinking , confusion till we get what we want.

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Good Moring Guys

As suggested Kishore I have sent the detailed e-mail to ND CIC office, Just waiting for updates from them.

I doubt : ND CIC generally dont responsds to e-mails , do they listen to my issue over the phone for further process ?

I could find following contact details to reach them
Address, Phone, Fax, Email
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110 021, India
Telephone: 91 (11) 4178-2000
Fax: 91 (11) 4178-2020
E-mail: delhi@international.gc.ca

You guys have any experiences for getting the things done ?

Appreciate your help

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep you US option open, Canadian move might not work out. I know three of my friends with H1b, went to Canada on PR and worked for few months and came back to US--- Just a suggestion.

Canada is a good place to live. Good social benefits, you just have to get a start and deal with weather. Best of luck-

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
Yes I agee with you , as long as you have the option of USA be there in USA, I also prefer that I have been here more than 3 years. Just in case if we are running into some visa issues in USA. Canada is the next option intstead of packing back to india.

Thanks for your sugg