+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

katherine888999

Jan 15, 2018
Hi Katherine, I don't think it has anything to do with you going back to China. I did too and CIC never asked me just to extend it for another year. But who knows what CIC was doing...
Thanks for your reply, ok, then I do not understand why they cannot extend my medical exam....

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
No, I haven't requested the note for a while. According to recent posts, it looks like 31 months are the processing time to a Chinese being security screened.
Actually you will get your PPR once you submit your new Medical exam result. Ann13 experienced the same as yours and she left this forum since she got her PPR.
Hey Alex,

Where do you get this "31 months", it used to be 30 months:(:(:(:(

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hey Alex,

Where do you get this "31 months", it used to be 30 months:(:(:(:(
Several PNPs got PPR in the 30th month, such as Masood85, Ann13, etc. also I analysised open Canada updated data about the PR application apporval, intake and output, noticed that the inventory increased dramatically again in Q3 2017, Q4 2017 data is not avaiable yet but for sure the situation is not getting better but worse, therefore, I estimate it would be around 31 months on average. And don't blaim refugees, according to the data, all categories processing time has been extended since liberal party was on board. Even the EE's average processing time is actually not 6 month for 80% of the applicants, it is 6.8 months but I don't know why they consider 6.8 month as 6 months not 7 months in the CIC processing time website. They are hiding the slow down in a rediculous way.

Last edited:

Lucky Girl

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the NRT is about that travel. I consider this is a good thing, maybe they are finalize your application review.
Yes, NRT. Its a good thing. They do all background checks including searching for all ur info online on every data base & the security agencies share info among themselves. Once info sharing is complete and everything is good, they will issue NRT(No Reportable Trace). Trace to what? That is what I dont know. Maybe te**orism and c**me. Lol.

Last edited:

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
Several PNPs got PPR in the 30th month, such as Masood85, Ann13, etc. also I analysised open Canada updated data about the PR application apporval, intake and output, noticed that the inventory increased dramatically again in Q3 2017, Q4 2017 data is not avaiable yet but for sure the situation is not getting better but worse, therefore, I estimate it would be around 31 months on average. And don't blaim refugees, according to the data, all categories processing time has been extended since liberal party was on board. Even the EE's average processing time is actually not 6 month for 80% of the applicants, it is 6.8 months but I don't know why they consider 6.8 month as 6 months not 7 months in the CIC processing time website. They are hiding the slow down in a rediculous way.
True. I feel CIC is faster now. Applied BOWP again (Yeah, another 510$ for two of us), and seems the processing time is 45 days. It used to be >60 days

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
True. I feel CIC is faster now. Applied BOWP again (Yeah, another 510$ for two of us), and seems the processing time is 45 days. It used to be >60 days
Work permit and PR are different procesure though. I analysised PR. CIC process temporary permit is different from how they process PR.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Today received an email from CBSA regarding my CBSA-ATIP request.

Question1: Do I need to reply back this email as confirmation.

Question2: In this email, they mentioned file will be held for 30 days. What is meant by file (immigration file or ATIP file)?

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time, as we require additional information. Please provide our office with the following:

Please be advised that the CBSA ATIP Division cannot provide information on security check results or status updates for Permanent Resident Applications. This information would be exempted from disclosure pursuant to section 21 of the Privacy Act, or under section 15 of the Access to Information Act. These sections are used to exempt information, the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense.

As a result, before we proceed with the processing of your request, we ask that you confirm your understanding of the above information and that confirm you that you wish to proceed with the processing of your request.

Please be advised that your request will be placed on hold until you provide the requested confirmation. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider your request as abandoned.
They are waiting for your reply to proceed the check. So yes, I think you will need reply back as confirmation. But it looks like they will net give you much information you might excepted, becasue, as it is said " these sections are used to exempt information, the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense." . So you should confirm them you want them to proceed, but don't expect they will really give you the information you've expected.

Reactions: waseemahmed45

RolanDalisay

Nov 4, 2015
CIC STAGE:
Jan. 24,2017 - LOA Received
April 10,2017 - Courier to CIO via DHL
April 17,2017 - Received - Signed by Locke
July 1,2017 - AOR - UCI no.
July 8,2017 - Linked application thru Gckey
July 20,2017 - Medical Request
August 1,2017 - Medical exam done @ St. Luke's Manila
August 4,2017 - Status changed to Passed