Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Woow, Did they tell you why they are taking so long? 31 months is out of the world...
Same old frustrating answer, its in progress...

stepheny

Jan 27, 2018
Sharing my timeline ..
  • 2015-Dec-08 inland paper PNP application submitted to CIC (submitted upfront medical)
  • 2016-Aug-31 Required to update Schedule A form
  • 2017-Jan-08 According to GCMS notes and response from MP, background check started on this date
  • 2017-July-10 Created EE profile
  • 2017-July-18 For PNP application, required to undergo a new medical exam
  • 2017-Aug-2 Got Invitation to Apply under EE-CEC
  • 2017-Aug-17 Submitted bridge open work permit (post graduate work permit expiring on Sep 29)
  • 2017-Sep-1 Submitted EE-CEC application
  • 2017-Oct-28 Bridge open work permit approved
  • 2017-Nov-9 TRV submitted (needed to travel out of country)
  • 2017-Nov-23 TRV approved
  • 2017-Dec-18 Got ReadyForVisa email for EE application
  • 2018-Jan-3 Passport delivered to IRCC
  • 2018-Jan-23 The status in EE online application changed to approved
  • 2018-Jan-24 My immigration representative received passport and CoPR
  • 2018-Jan-25 I received passport and CoPR, landed at night
  • 2018-Jan-26 My immigration representative submitted a letter to withdraw my PNP application
Paper based PNP application was probably one of best and fastest ways to become a PR for people like international students. I remember a friend who graduated 2 years before me got his PR within a little more than 1 year (province and federal processing time combined). For my case, the province processing alone took 9 months, and my PNP based application with IRCC is still in process.

I applied under paper PNP as I couldn’t get EE invitation to apply. I remember EE system was not giving international students any advantage, and students don’t have work experience. When I applied, the processing time posted online was 13 months. I was thinking, well, not bad, even if I were to apply under EE-PNP then EE-CEC with IRCC, it probably would take around the same time. One year passed, when I checked the processing time again, it was 16 months. I started to feel upset. When my processing time finally passed the posted time, I felt really upset and stuck. My immigration representative always told me let’s wait for 3 months more to see. I tried different means as many of you guys probably tried, ordered GCMS notes, signed the petition, asked MP for help, asked my immigration representative to contact IRCC, etc. I couldn’t concentrate very well at work. I felt really hopeless and stressed.

Around June 2017, I couldn’t stand the waiting anymore. I created the EE profile and just wanted to see how it goes. In July, I was requested to take another medical exam for PNP application. I was thinking, well, I could reuse the medical for my EE application later, not that bad. My representative didn’t initiate the EE application at all. I gathered all the documents I could and prepared for the profile and the application. I was hoping I could get RFV before submitting EE application, but that never happened. My representative submitted the EE application on Sep 1, 2017, and around Nov 18 my EE application changed to background check in progress. I was thinking, well same stage again. I was really not sure how long my background check in EE application will take. Not sure if the officer handling the EE application will just say “OK, this guy has a background check already in progress for PNP, let‘s wait for that result then”. When I checked email in Dec, I just realized I got RFV email several days ago. I didn’t know it came from my PNP or EE application. It turned out to be EE. Took less than 4 months to get RFV while my PNP based application has been in progress for over 25 months now. I know there are applicants stuck for over 16 months under EE. I don’t know what would have happened if I only submitted my EE application.

I wanted to say I have really suffered a lot unnecessarily, but I understand there are many people who suffered more and are still suffering. The system is simply not fair, and we have no choice but to obey the rules which are actually unclear. I suggest to consider applying EE application if the PNP application is still stuck. I really hope all the applicants who are suffering can get PR soon.

Last edited:

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Sharing my timeline ..
  • 2015-Dec-08 inland paper PNP application submitted to CIC (submitted upfront medical)
  • 2017-Jan-08 According to GCMS notes and response from MP, background check started on this date
  • 2017-Aug-17 Submitted bridge open work permit (post graduate work permit expiring on Sep 29)
  • 2018-Jan-26 My immigration representative submitted a letter to withdraw my PNP application
Paper based PNP application was probably one of best and fastest ways to become a PR for people like international students. I remember a friend who graduated 2 years before me got his PR within a little more than 1 year (province and federal processing time combined). For my case, the province processing alone took 9 months, and my PNP based application with IRCC is still in process.

I applied under paper PNP as I couldn’t get EE invitation to apply. I remember EE system was not giving international students any advantage, and students don’t have work experience. When I applied, the processing time posted online was 13 months. I was thinking, well, not bad, even if I were to apply under EE-PNP then EE-CEC with IRCC, it probably would take around the same time. One year passed, when I checked the processing time again, it was 16 months. I started to feel upset. When my processing time finally passed the posted time, I felt really upset and stuck. My immigration representative always told me let’s wait for 3 months more to see. I tried different means as many of you guys probably tried, ordered GCMS notes, signed the petition, asked MP for help, asked my immigration representative to contact IRCC, etc. I couldn’t concentrate very well at work. I felt really hopeless and stressed.

Around June 2017, I couldn’t stand the waiting anymore. I created the EE profile and just wanted to see how it goes. In July, I was requested to take another medical exam for PNP application. I was thinking, well, I could reuse the medical for my EE application later, not that bad. My representative didn’t initiate the EE application at all. I gathered all the documents I could and prepared for the profile and the application. I was hoping I could get RFV before submitting EE application, but that never happened. My representative submitted the EE application on Sep 1, 2017, and around Nov 18 my EE application changed to background check in progress. I was thinking, well same stage again. I was really not sure how long my background check in EE application will take. Not sure if the officer handling the EE application will just say “OK, this guy has a background check already in progress for PNP, let‘s wait for that result then”. When I checked email in Dec, I just realized I got RFV email several days ago. I didn’t know it came from my PNP or EE application. It turned out to be EE. Took less than 4 months to get RFV while my PNP based application has been in progress for over 25 months now. I know there are applicants stuck for over 16 months under EE. I don’t know what would have happened if I only submitted my EE application.

I wanted to say I have really suffered a lot unnecessarily, but I understand there are many people who suffered more and are still suffering. The system is simply not fair, and we have no choice but to obey the rules which are actually unclear. I suggest to consider applying EE application if the PNP application is still stuck. I really hope all the applicants who are suffering can get PR soon.
Thank you for sharing your experience and your suggestions!

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Sharing my timeline ..

really.....heart breaking

Mar 29, 2017
Had exatly the same psychological activities like yours regarding EE or paperbased. And had exactly the same situation like yours when I was graduating.

I like the last paragraph you wrote. Rules are unclear and we must obey.

So, recalling the original beautiful imigination which made you want to immigrate to Canada, is it still same with the current situation you are suffering?

The only difference between us is , I didn't apply for EE. I just dont want to take another language test and pay for their mistakes.

Just let it be

Sharing my timeline ..

katherine888999

Jan 15, 2018
Sharing my timeline ..

Thank you so much for sharing all of these information

amanxdeep

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Guys I need your help here :

Its going to be 28th month for me in Feb. In my application its me and my wife and at the same time I have Express Entry as well (both 440 score single 450). In my PNP application my medical, criminal check has been done long time ago now they are working on my wife background check from last one year. I was thinking to apply Express Entry for myself only and pretty sure i am going to get it very soon too and after PR, I can sponsor her. Any complications ???? PLEASE HELP.