+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Debbie12345

Star Member
May 29, 2017
my 18th month has passed away .The last time I called cic agent one agent told me security was done again and received and its not been updated yet and then I talk to different agent she says security is in process .When I check my cic account it went from background check in progress to not applicable and then again it switch over to we are processing your b/g check and if we need additional document we will contact you .I don't know whom to believe .My bridge extension was expired applied for extension no update yet .Don't know what to believe and what not .God help me out .
i applied when I was in Canada, And came back as the work permit got expired.. Its 17 months now and this ppl are freaking me out.. Have done medical twice.. Dont know how long i have to wait more.

P

pnpab

Public stats on csis website show that in 2015-2016 only 56,500 of inland and outland PR applications (except refugees) had to go through csis security screening. According to ircc public stats, in the same year there were more than 236k PR applications submitted. Based on the stats let us assume not all applications go through the csis intensive check and the ones that do will end up having prolonged processing times. If 80% of applications took 16 months to process and 24% of them (complex apps) went through the intensive security check, what is the average processing time for the complex apps? What is the top 95 percentile processing time for the complex apps? Assume 0.25 months security processing time for the non-complex cases conducted by ircc/cbsa.
Feel free to validate the stats once you solved the problem for more accurate outputs.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Public stats on csis website show that in 2015-2016 only 56,500 of inland and outland PR applications (except refugees) had to go through csis security screening. According to ircc public stats, in the same year there were more than 236k PR applications submitted. Based on the stats let us assume not all applications go through the csis intensive check and the ones that do will end up having prolonged processing times. If 80% of applications took 16 months to process and 24% of them (complex apps) went through the intensive security check, what is the average processing time for the complex apps? What is the top 95 percentile processing time for the complex apps? Assume 0.25 months security processing time for the non-complex cases conducted by ircc/cbsa.
Feel free to validate the stats once you solved the problem for more accurate outputs.
Cool, I think this make sense. And I see why in cic publishs the processing time with the term of " 80% of the applications" instead of publising the average processing time, becasue the actual average processing time is way more than 16 months.

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
hi Debbie I understand ur frustration .We all are going through and no one cares .I have been through lot and I cant do anuthing else except scratching my head and pulling hairs with frustration .I have been in Canada for 6 years and never went back home . I want to switch over job and learn new things . But unfortuntately ,cic screwed up life .They don't care about law abiding tax paying people .They only care about the refugees .I am not saying taking refugees is bad .I am saying where there is person who have lived in this country for so many years paid taxes and know the system should be given priority to process application . If u want to do security or whatever check u want . Do it before processing time finishes and keep your word if u says u process application in 16 month .You honor that commitment instead od beating around bush .I am sick and tired of cic .They call immigrants and they treat us like shit .We have life commitments .We cant wait forever for the file to be processed

Mar2016

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
BC Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, ns
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Sept2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2016
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Upfront Jan2017
Med's Done....
Dec2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully within16months timeframe
:mad:
hi Debbie I understand ur frustration .We all are going through and no one cares .I have been through lot and I cant do anuthing else except scratching my head and pulling hairs with frustration .I have been in Canada for 6 years and never went back home . I want to switch over job and learn new things . But unfortuntately ,cic screwed up life .They don't care about law abiding tax paying people .They only care about the refugees .I am not saying taking refugees is bad .I am saying where there is person who have lived in this country for so many years paid taxes and know the system should be given priority to process application . If u want to do security or whatever check u want . Do it before processing time finishes and keep your word if u says u process application in 16 month .You honor that commitment instead od beating around bush .I am sick and tired of cic .They call immigrants and they treat us like shit .We have life commitments .We cant wait forever for the file to be processed

I can understand our frustration but cic is in LOVE with EE and refugees more than us.
lol

amanxdeep

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Who else here who added their spouse in the application? I thinking to start a whatsapp group. text me with your numbers. I already have two with me.

Debbie12345

Star Member
May 29, 2017
They r just testing our patience.. Our hands n legs r tied.. I have not given attention to so many imp things n life with the hope that I will go to Canada permanently soon.. But that soon is like never ending.. And the worst part is every now n then i scrap the thought of going to Canada from my head, CIC comes up with something n I start thinking of that again.. Lord save us.. This wait is killing..

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
They r just testing our patience.. Our hands n legs r tied.. I have not given attention to so many imp things n life with the hope that I will go to Canada permanently soon.. But that soon is like never ending.. And the worst part is every now n then i scrap the thought of going to Canada from my head, CIC comes up with something n I start thinking of that again.. Lord save us.. This wait is killing..
How I wish, one morning, when I check my email, I see that golden email in my inbox!!!

jasypabla

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 16, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2016.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 6, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.

My CIC:
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Anyone with the same timeline? How long for PPR?

Reactions: kiratjohal

Debbie12345

Star Member
May 29, 2017
How I wish, one morning, when I check my email, I see that golden email in my inbox!!!
Mee too.. By Gods grace yesterday i could reach cic call centre agent aftr waiting for 42 mins (from India).. But the guy was so patient and heard everything from me.. N i cud feel that he was feeling bad when I said I am waiting from 2015.But alas he said "as my file is with NDVO he cant access all of it.. But he can see med recieved.. And also he added, he dont see any problem in the file and its just the time.. Ppr shudnot be longer".i dont know whether it was his assumption or he could see it but not telling me.. But watever, the guy atleast redpondr

kiratjohal

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 16, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2016.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 6, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
My CIC:
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Anyone with the same timeline? How long for PPR?
Are they still reviewing your eligibility? this is crazy. Medical is only requested if you are eligible.SO technically this is passed. One of my friend in india has same timeline as yours and same status.

Reactions: jasypabla

Debbie12345

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Are they still reviewing your eligibility? this is crazy. Medical is only requested if you are eligible.SO technically this is passed. One of my friend in india has same timeline as yours and same status.
Not necessary. I got my medicals after 19days of file transfer to local VO. And after 3months i ordered gcms notes thinking everything must be done as I got medicals, but that gcms notes has all point as "not started" and only medical passed..

iapetus89

Dec 5, 2016
Hi Guys, Nov 2015 applicant here. Added spouse Oct. 2016. Just called CIC for the first time, the agent told me everything passed for me and my wife in April, now just waiting for final review. Didn't even bother how much longer we have to wait. Let's see.

Sarb Singh

May 19, 2016
Hi Guys, Nov 2015 applicant here. Added spouse Oct. 2016. Just called CIC for the first time, the agent told me everything passed for me and my wife in April, now just waiting for final review. Didn't even bother how much longer we have to wait. Let's see.
Hi
Same here. Nov 15 applicant. Called today and found that file is in Ottawa for final review. Anyone wants to comment on it that how long it might take ? Any idea ?