+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

P

pnpab

I found this timeline on this website for an outland applicant. Interesting timeline after BG.

ITA: 21 Aug 15
AOR: 6 Oct 15
Medical: 12 Dec 15
RPRF request: 21 Oct 15
BG in progress: 5 Mar 16
PPR: 17 Jan 17

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Alex2028 said:
Hmm....Last time I called, they told me to wait for one or two more month. Did they told you the same or they told you your due date directly? They didn't tell me there is a due date and I forgot to ask.

Sarb Singh

May 19, 2016
Alex2028 said:
Last time I called, they told me to wait for one or two more month. Did they told you the same or they told you your due date directly? They didn't tell me there is a due date and I forgot to ask.
Yes Alex. She told me to expect it between today and due date. So it's good to know your due date. Perhaps you can call again to find out.

Sarb Singh

May 19, 2016
Gsnaz said:
I called them last week same day and the agent told me tht they Ar working on
Background status of my spouse.i asked him how long it will take to make decisions and
He told that we Ar not able to tell the time frame ..
I am November 22 2015 applicant..should I talk to them again ? Or
Contact to MP HERE? Please advice
You can certainly go to MP office as you are also out of 16 months circle but i don't think it changes anything. Basically background check is must for everyone and no matter who we contact, they will carry on their processing as they want.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Sarb Singh said:
Yes Alex. She told me to expect it between today and due date. So it's good to know your due date. Perhaps you can call again to find out.
Hi Sarb Singh, Thank you for your reply! I see. I will call cic by the end of this month and see what the my due date is and update you guys.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
After 16 months today my background changed to in progress! I heard that they send the applications to CSIS on 5th of each months and today is exactly April 5th. A long wait time has started and hopefully I get something in 4 months!

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
u Manitoba its good news for you .If it shows in progress means it might be completed .You might receive ur ppr in 2 months. I called cic number of times . They said my file is in Ottawa permanent residence waiting for final review .Everything is passed . Did call mp and they said they will follow up again . The person who works in mP OFFICE TOLD ME your file might be in queue for final review by senior immigration officer . Ddoes everyone files get reviewed by senior immigration officer ???? .I am so concerned

Gsnaz

May 29, 2015
Sarb Singh said:
You can certainly go to MP office as you are also out of 16 months circle but i don't think it changes anything. Basically background check is must for everyone and no matter who we contact, they will carry on their processing as they want.
Thank u very much for yor advice
Wait and watch for me ..

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
umanitoba said:
After 16 months today my background changed to in progress! I heard that they send the applications to CSIS on 5th of each months and today is exactly April 5th. A long wait time has started and hopefully I get something in 4 months!
When did you do your medicals?
If it has been 16 months, since you applied, you should have received PPR by now?
was there some additional document request or something else holding up your application?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
mohdsafiuddin said:
When did you do your medicals?
If it has been 16 months, since you applied, you should have received PPR by now?
was there some additional document request or something else holding up your application?
I did medical in Nov 2016 and received CV request in March 2017. Many people are waiting now for more than 16 months!

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
u Manitoba ur ppr is on the way by next month .Called cic ask them .I think your background and security is done when it shows progress

HeyStarbucks

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
umanitoba said:
I did medical in Nov 2016 and received CV request in March 2017. Many people are waiting now for more than 16 months!
Hey, I have around the same timeline like you, I got the CV request in March. I believe it is one of the processes of background check. Hope we could get ppr very soon. This whole process is too long.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
umanitoba said:
Hi umanitoba, my friend, congrets for the progress. I think they have passed your extra documents and are moving forward to the last check.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Alex2028 said:
Hi umanitoba, my friend, congrets for the progress. I think they have passed your extra documents and are moving forward to the last check.
It's just the start of the background check! when did your BG changed to in progress?