HITOMI said:
I'd like to update my timeline.
Passport received by CIC: November 26 2015
AOR: February 25 2016
MR: October 29 2016
DM and PPR: March 8
Passport sent via express post:March 10
Passport back:March 24
I'm going to do flagpoling this coming Thursday.

It's been three years since I started preparing papers for PNP. It was painful long wait. I felt like as if it was going to last forever. But finally it's over and pays off. I hope all of you get it soon.

Happy for you Hitomi. :) You'll be landing to a place you will call home soon.

P

pnpab

Interesting publication regarding issuing temp. and PR visas. So it seems like only some PR applications (based on country-specific risk profiles, etc.) are sent to CSIS for indepth security assessment. Anyone knows of a historical average timeline for security check of such applications?

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
Interesting publication regarding issuing temp. and PR visas. So it seems like only some PR applications (based on country-specific risk profiles, etc.) are sent to CSIS for indepth security assessment. Anyone knows of a historical average timeline for security check of such applications?

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html
Yes, also read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

Page 17, seems that they have sent our cases for in-depth screen to SSIA. If you read the same document that you have sent it said 36 months but I have heard nowadays it will add 6-12 months more because it's the most unnecessary process specially for us in Canada with valid permit and visa. For some countries, this year they have sent all the cases. We can write a request and sign it and send it to the PM. The same thing happened when the processing time for spousal sponsorship was around 24 months, they complained together and recently they reduced the processing time to 12 months. I called CIC and they told me no due date!

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
Yes, also read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

Page 17, seems that they have sent our cases for in-depth screen to SSIA. If you read the same document that you have sent it said 36 months but I have heard nowadays it will add 6-12 months more because it's the most unnecessary process specially for us in Canada with valid permit and visa. For some countries, this year they have sent all the cases. We can write a request and sign it and send it to the PM. The same thing happened when the processing time for spousal sponsorship was around 24 months, they complained together and recently they reduced the processing time to 12 months. I called CIC and they told me no due date!
12 months is probably what I should be expecting.

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:

As far as I know they process security check for Outland iranian applications faster these days because they can't get any input for local authorities. But for inland ones they take their time to do a thorough assessment because they have some historical information to work with. I haven't heard of any inland iranian who got pr in a short time lately.

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
what about me when my security and background and medical passed Why is it taking so much time for final review of the file .I am planning to apply express entry and withdraw my pnp

P

pnpab

amaan008 said:
what about me when my security and background and medical passed Why is it taking so much time for final review of the file .I am planning to apply express entry and withdraw my pnp
Ask your mp office to follow up. You passed everything. EE is pointless at this stage. Also if you want to apply through EE you don't need to withdraw your pnp. You can have both at the same time.

ramyfathalla

Jan 20, 2010
Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 September 2015
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
3 september 2015
AOR Received.
3 December 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016
Med's Done....
4 February 2016, M Rvd on e case 10 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
19 June 2017
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2017
LANDED..........
Not yet
umanitoba said:

Thanks unmanitoba for this good information, I am outland in my 19 months of waiting
here is my timeline;
App received 14 Sep 2015
AOR 3 Dec 2015
Med Request and RPRF : 22 Jan 2016
waiting so long until medical almost expired, thanks to them they extended my medical until Dec 2017 without redo it.

Moreover, maybe this notes could help you to solve the buzzle:
I linked my application to GCkey on 6 May 2016 and since then my background is in progress
I ordered my last GCMS Noted and on the activity of security screening they hide the date of beginning.

Could you please tell me if you know usually when they start the security screening in all applications.
Thanks so much in advance, good luck and all the best for all of us.

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
PNP AB I CONTACTED MP AND THEY CONTACTED CIC . THEY SAID SAME THING TO HIM .THEY SAID MY FILE IS IN FINAL STAGE WAITING FOR FINAL REVIEW . GOD KNOWS WHEN THE HECK THEY GONNA BE DOING FINAL REVIEW .

ramyfathalla

Jan 20, 2010
Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 September 2015
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
3 september 2015
AOR Received.
3 December 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016
Med's Done....
4 February 2016, M Rvd on e case 10 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
19 June 2017
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2017
LANDED..........
Not yet
amaan008 said:
PNP AB I CONTACTED MP AND THEY CONTACTED CIC . THEY SAID SAME THING TO HIM .THEY SAID MY FILE IS IN FINAL STAGE WAITING FOR FINAL REVIEW . GOD KNOWS WHEN THE HECK THEY GONNA BE DOING FINAL REVIEW .
Good luck buddy , soon you will get PPR, at least you have this option to contact your MP and you almost done.
Thanks for this good news, wish you all the best.

P

pnpab

amaan008 said:
Man if I were you I would just extend the work permit and do some fun activities to stay away from the anxiety. You got it bro just wait a few more weeks and they do the rest of the paper work. Think of me whose application is in the deep security check process, God knows why it had to go that paths which will take another 6-12 months to be finalized. I'm also a Nov applicant and not even close to where you are.

Jjrjunior

Mar 6, 2017
amaan008 said:
your just getting maybe too annoying for them if you call and inquire of what is your application status every once in a while, i think it wont help, just extend patience and wait quietly since your mp has contacted them already and have given you two weeks before you make another call and inquiry.. just wait quietly it will come soon

jpfyoung

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2015
Nomination.....
17/11/2015
AOR Received.
09/03/2016
Med's Request
02/11/2016
Med's Done....
18/11/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
21/03/2017
LANDED..........
25/03/2017
Did landing at Coutts border yesterday :)

Here is my timeline:
Category........: AINP
App. Filed.......: 15/12/2015
Nomination.....: 17/11/2015
AOR Received.: 09/03/2016
Med's Request: 02/11/2016
Med's Done....: 18/11/2016
Passport Req..: 13/03/2017
Passport Sent: 14/03/2017
CoPR ISSUED...: 21/03/2017
Landed: 25/03/2017

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support along the way. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

A

alberto121212

This is my first post. I applied early December 2015. Got File number early March 2016. Medicals passed and background check is in progress. It doesnt look like i'll be done within 16 months. Thought of sharing : D