NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

jho-en19

Feb 20, 2017
AB-AM said:
NOV 5, inland applicant
AOR 06/FEB/16
Background check in progress 22/DEC/16
No DM :(
we can't help but to feel frustrated especially seeing other applicants ahead of us getting their decisions already. Prolonging our agony makes me feel exasperated. Hope we can get ours too this week. Let's just hope that the officers handling our cases move faster since we have reached our 16th month.

alexsa75

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
??-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
IELTS Request
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2016 upfront
Passport Req..
23-02-2027
LANDED..........
Inland, reland for PR 07-03-2017
Alexandra25 said:
Also waiting for my ppr, so we need to prepare pictures and copy of all pages of passports or just with stamps?
Thanks
? Only bio-page, wait instruction with ppr

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
umanitoba said:
Congrats!! I am a Dec applicant but still my background is not needed and according to my GCMS notes security is not started. Anyone else from Dec in same position because we are very close to 15 months??
Am December applicant too.. BG not needed at this time.
I thought u said earlier u called CIC and they said ur BG is in process??
I also called them 2 weeks ago and they said is in process. I don't think the agent will lie to me.
I have a spouse and 1 Canadian dependent though.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Rockandroll said:
Am December applicant too.. BG not needed at this time.
I thought u said earlier u called CIC and they said ur BG is in process??
I also called them 2 weeks ago and they said is in process. I don't think the agent will lie to me.
I have a spouse and 1 Canadian dependent though.
The only update on my note for the security was the day that I received AOR. Also, our case still is in NS and has not been transferred to Ottawa.

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
Reminder Email: 19-July-2016
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
umanitoba said:
The only update on my note for the security was the day that I received AOR. Also, our case still is in NS and has not been transferred to Ottawa.
Based on my friends gcms who got PR approved, case was never transferred to ottawa.. they approved it at sydney and then sent it to ottawa to put stamp on passport.
Based on some peoples background went to background few days before DM, it means it goes to progress once security is passed.. they never reveal anything about security.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
jho-en19 said:
Nov 17 inland applicant no dm or ppr yet :(
It makes me anxious since December applicants are getting theirs already and BC was changed to in progress since Jan 7 (2nd changed to in progress already )
Any other November 17 or earlier applicants that has not recieved DM?
Nov 23 inland applicant, no dm or pprt yet, in progress since Jan 13th.

gbd

Sep 24, 2016
Got my COPR yesterday, heading to border on Thursday morning.
Best luck to everybody.

Timeline
Nov 2 2015 application received
Feb 2 2016 AOR
Jul 25 2016 additional information
Sep 13 2016 submitted documents, payment and medical
Sep 16 2016 medical passed
Nov 28 2016 background change in process
Feb 3 2017 . Decision made
Feb 6 2017 PPR
Feb 8 2017 Sent
Feb 10 2017 Delivered
Feb 16 2017 Application approved and closed
Feb 20 2017 received COPR

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
harrypotte424 said:
Based on my friends gcms who got PR approved, case was never transferred to ottawa.. they approved it at sydney and then sent it to ottawa to put stamp on passport.
Based on some peoples background went to background few days before DM, it means it goes to progress once security is passed.. they never reveal anything about security.
Most of December applicants received Medicals in November and was done and passed between November and early December. So if by any chance our security is not started, then it's frustrating for us. I called CIC and the agent said my background is in process. I believe she can't lie to me. Waiting for good news. It's been a long wait.

DeeBeeDee

Sep 29, 2016
Alex2028 said:
Nov 23 inland applicant, no dm or pprt yet, in progress since Jan 13th.
Nov 16 inland applicant, in progress since Jan 11 - still no DM.
Called CIC twice in last 2 weeks, all they are saying was there's a process delay but nothing to worry about...

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
harrypotte424 said:
But most of people usually their files first were transferred to Ottawa and that's when they saw background changed to in progress. Sydney NS is not a visa office and I think the final review and background are done in Ottawa. On my notes the application assignment and due date is empty because when they transfer my file to Ottawa at that time they will assign an officer. On the notes you can see all the details of incoming and outgoing history even your calls to IRCC call center and the nature of your conversation. For my case the first and last update for the security was the day of AOR. I don't think security takes 12 months, so I think security will start in Ottawa. Also after passing my medical there is no update history.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
umanitoba said:
But most of people usually their files first were transferred to Ottawa and that's when they saw background changed to in progress. Sydney NS is not a visa office and I think the final review and background are done in Ottawa. On my notes the application assignment and due date is empty because when they transfer my file to Ottawa at that time they will assign an officer. On the notes you can see all the details of incoming and outgoing history even your calls to IRCC call center and the nature of your conversation. For my case the first and last update for the security was the day of AOR. I don't think security takes 12 months, so I think security will start in Ottawa. Also after passing my medical there is no update history.
Call to IRCC call centre ? why would they keep track of that ? if some some one is calling just random without giving UCI or application details will they track those as well ?