Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
umanitoba said:
I guess we should write a petition since yesterday one of my friend with the same nationality got her PPR through EE in 5 months. It's just for us because first of all they don't have enough officers for this stream and also the process of security check is too slow for us. This is not right and it shouldn't be this significant delay in our cases. Last years if you wanted to upload a document you had to send it via mail but now you can upload directly into your file in seconds and also they have this online system. The question is that with all these improvements why the process is getting slower?
Petition won't help much. Unless u reach to certain number of supporters, they won't even look at petition u filed. Even contacting MP is not much help, they can only look at ur current status of ur file. Only way I see is we should contact Media on LinkedIn or twitter and tell our story. That is one of the way to go.

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
I understand every one situation but my situation is very special.

Decision made since last month but still no PPR yet.

Called CIC couple of times every agent has different comments.

* File in final review even though final decision is made LOL

* Soon you will receive some thing etc etc

Any one has same situation like me please share

The dawn

Dec 10, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Doc's Request.
19-09-2016
Nomination.....
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
IELTS Request
NONE
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-01-2017 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2017
LANDED..........
28-04-2017
Great news guys!!!

http://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/bill-c-6-amending-canadian-citizenship-legislation-passes-senate-059127.html

No worries- your time in Canada will still count towards citizenship even if your PR was delayed. :)

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
You raise some really good issues, but I think petitions won't work.
They'll probably just say it's in the hands of different departments who take care of security screening, they have no control over how long they take for doing background checks, and so on and so forth.
One of my friends here in the US had a similar situation with a Visa, where they sent his file for additional background check. And when asked, they just say that it's out of their hands and it takes as long as it takes for the background checks as they are performed by the FBI and they have more important things to take care of than to expedite someone's background check for the purpose of letting them have immigration a month or two sooner.
This is of course just my two cents because I know of a lot of people who have tried with the immigration department, and failed.

umanitoba said:
I guess we should write a petition since yesterday one of my friend with the same nationality got her PPR through EE in 5 months. It's just for us because first of all they don't have enough officers for this stream and also the process of security check is too slow for us. This is not right and it shouldn't be this significant delay in our cases. Last years if you wanted to upload a document you had to send it via mail but now you can upload directly into your file in seconds and also they have this online system. The question is that with all these improvements why the process is getting slower?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
mohdsafiuddin said:
You raise some really good issues, but I think petitions won't work.
They'll probably just say it's in the hands of different departments who take care of security screening, they have no control over how long they take for doing background checks, and so on and so forth.
One of my friends here in the US had a similar situation with a Visa, where they sent his file for additional background check. And when asked, they just say that it's out of their hands and it takes as long as it takes for the background checks as they are performed by the FBI and they have more important things to take care of than to expedite someone's background check for the purpose of letting them have immigration a month or two sooner.
This is of course just my two cents because I know of a lot of people who have tried with the immigration department, and failed.
According to the law, IRCC is responsible to make a decision and security or background check is not a good excuse for delay. They could start the process earlier not after 15-16 months starting the security. That's how exactly some people go to the federal court and fill an appeal based on the Writ of Mandamus. Basically, if delay is significant based on the average processing time, judge gives an order to IRCC to make a decision in a couple of months.

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
According to the law, IRCC is responsible to make a decision and security or background check is not a good excuse for delay. They could start the process earlier not after 15-16 months starting the security. That's how exactly some people go to the federal court and fill an appeal based on the Writ of Mandamus. Basically, if delay is significant based on the average processing time, judge gives an order to IRCC to make a decision in a couple of months.
I think it might be a good idea to write to the minister's office. Once they receive requests from numerous applicants they might at least inquire why the CIO is experiencing the delays and implement short term fixes if not long term ones. Taking people to court will only lead to have their lawyers work hard to defend their situation rather than spending their energy to find a solution to improve the situation.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
The dawn said:
Great news guys!!!

http://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/bill-c-6-amending-canadian-citizenship-legislation-passes-senate-059127.html

No worries- your time in Canada will still count towards citizenship even if your PR was delayed. :)
To be clear, bill C-6 has passed the senate and now back to the House of Commons to decide whether to accept and reject the change senate have made. It's not a law yet and more discussion is needed

Regarding counting times towards citizenship requirement, the change was to reinstate time living in Canada as temp residents, counting 1/2 the time up to 1 year, meaning only inland applicant sees the benefit

C-6 also revert residency from 4 years in 6 years back to 3 years in 5 years

P

pnpab

mf4361 said:
To be clear, bill C-6 has passed the senate and now back to the House of Commons to decide whether to accept and reject the change senate have made. It's not a law yet and more discussion is needed

Regarding counting times towards citizenship requirement, the change was to reinstate time living in Canada as temp residents, counting 1/2 the time up to 1 year, meaning only inland applicant sees the benefit

C-6 also revert residency from 4 years in 6 years back to 3 years in 5 years
It is interesting that only 1 year of my 8 years continuous residence in Canada will be counted towards citizenship. Although I understand some of the implications of increasing it from 1 year any further. Overall it will be great.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
pnpab said:
It is interesting that only 1 year of my 8 years continuous residence in Canada will be counted towards citizenship. Although I understand some of the implications of increasing it from 1 year any further. Overall it will be great.
I have almost 10 years. Although I think it is very reasonable. Study permits are likely issued in 4 year block for university students. If they count every 1/2 year per year living as temp resident they will be auto eligible for citizenship right away from becoming PR. Forcing some longer term and continuous work and living time in Canada is one way of screening for people who truly want to be Canadian

P

pnpab

mf4361 said:
I have almost 10 years. Although I think it is very reasonable. Study permits are likely issued in 4 year block for university students. If they count every 1/2 year per year living as temp resident they will be auto eligible for citizenship right away from becoming PR. Forcing some longer term and continuous work and living time in Canada is one way of screening for people who truly want to be Canadian
Yeah, I think it is reasonable.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Based on my friend's note from CSIS, it takes around 4 months for csis to do the background check and then they send the report to CBSA and again it takes a few months to send the report to CIC. And I guess it takes 1 or 2 months for CIC to make a decision. I would say at least 8 months after BG in progress.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys,
I just got an email from cic, saying that " this email is in response to an inquiry via the Call Center regarding the status of your application. Application is waiting review of an officer. Notification will be sent in due course. Thank you."

I am not so sure, what " due course" means?
Have you got similar email lately?
I called CIC once a month in the past three month, I am not so sure this email is in response to which call I made. Each time I called, the only thing I heard is " please wait". This time I got an email. This is new.

One thing for sure is my applicating is still WAITING for review of an officer :eek:

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
mf4361 said:
For Australia is 4 years of living in the country (even on temporary permit). What about new comers with PR? most of them start their study in Canada after landing and they pay half tuition compared to international students. Basically they have PR status and using all the credits and benefits and they are student!! I don't think it's reasonable if you compare it with outland PRs.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
umanitoba said:
For Australia is 4 years of living in the country (even on temporary permit). What about new comers with PR? most of them start their study in Canada after landing and they pay half tuition compared to international students. Basically they have PR status and using all the credits and benefits and they are student!! I don't think it's reasonable if you compare it with outland PRs.
PR landed without previous experience in Canada counts the same, they just don't get credits for living in Canada under temp status. So, assuming never leave Canada in the said period of time, for them its the last 3 years within 5 years, compare to inland 4 years (2 being as temp resident, 2 being as PR) Assume C-6 passes as law