+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Do you have any information about the documents that we should prepare please ?

(My husband which is the dependent didn't do the military service (we're from Algeria and It's mendatory here) but he still didn't receive any invitation from military services to do it.)
I don't know the exact terms for the documents you should provide as I'm not algerian but from what I have seen elsewhere (whatsapp groups, facebook groups forums etc) You need to have a yellow card (Carte jaune) / "Carte de situation" ? Anyway you have to ask the military administration for a document relieving your husband from this duty.

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
I'd urge you to expect this ADR and go ask for the exemption letter ASAP.
But he is not exempted...
He can't do the military service as they still didn't invite him, and he doesnlt have 'carte jaune' because he is not exempted.
Should we expect a refusal ?

Reactions: Posho

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
He can't do the military service as they still didn't invite him, and he doesnlt have 'carte jaune' because he is not exempted.
I really don't know how to answer the question. I'd suggest you to gather as much possible information, a letter indicating that he has not done any military service. a copy of his file with the military if he has one, "Carte de situation" as I told you earlier, all this with an explanation letter that he has not done a military duty yet. Any official document you can have will helpful.

Reactions: LeilaOzawz

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
He does have a point though. Eligibility should remain in progress until all the documents are verified and crosschecked. This would give us applicants a sense where our application is going.
No one is saying he has no point tbh. I see him thinking about moving to Germany as he's frustrated with IRCC and wrote in response to that :)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
IRCC can't refuse your application based on this alone as this would fail the concept of fairness. You should ask Legalfalcon here on how to address a military service related ADR question: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-1134

Legalfalcon usually responds over the weekend, so you'll get to know what docs to show to IRCC if you get an ADR. Military service does invite an ADR.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I asked around some people and they told me if he's passed 27 years old he can ask for "Une grace". but again he needs to reach the military administration near him to get those infos

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
IRCC can't refuse your application based on this alone as this would fail the concept of fairness. You should ask Legalfalcon here on how to address a military service related ADR question: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-1134

Legalfalcon usually responds over the weekend, so you'll get to know what docs to show to IRCC if you get an ADR. Military service does invite an ADR.
The issue is not just about IRCC, some time they can be halted at the airport and will be asked for the exemption or relief of military duty. and that's another story

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
I really don't know how to answer the question. I'd suggest you to gather as much possible information, a letter indicating that he has not done any military service. a copy of his file with the military if he has one, "Carte de situation" as I told you earlier, all this with an explanation letter that he has not done a military duty yet. Any official document you can have will helpful.
I asked about 'carte de situation' and I have been told that it does not exist, the only document is 'carte jaune' and in his case we can't get that as he is not exempted he just still not invited.

sauron666

May 17, 2023
I called IRCC this week and found out that my PVO is Montreal.
Eligibility - not started
Criminality - completed
Security - in progress

Anyone in similar situation?

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
A good thing we've talked about this here, you were not expecting this at all:D.
I thought about it but I know we can't get any document for that.
When I asked an experienced person, they told me that you can apply even if you didn't do the military service.

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14

Thanks for the suggestion, I just posted my question there.
So the application can't be refused even if we have no documents proving that he has not been invited to do military service?

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
I asked around some people and they told me if he's passed 27 years old he can ask for "Une grace". but again he needs to reach the military administration near him to get those infos
He is just 23 years old. If you find any other info please share it, thank you!