+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
I have an update! My LPP was marked completed on June 9th. The tracker was updated on June 13th. Crossing my fingers for that oath letter soon!!
Looks like the Vancouver office is on the move :)

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1629
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 18, 2022
Delivered: Nov 18, 2022
AOR: Dec 2, 2022
GU#1: Dec 16, 2022
GU#2: Feb 1, 2023
Background Complete: Jan 31, 2023
Test Invite: Feb 9. 2023
Took Test: Mar 4, 2023
Test Completed: March 8, 2023
GU#3: Mar 2, 2023
GU#4: Mar 10, 2023
LPP: June 9, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: in progress

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I've just received my CBSA notes and wanted help with understanding a few things:

Security Clearance: (blank) - past due date
CIT CSIC Screening: (blank) - past due date
Criminality Clearance: Passed
CIT RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace
Residence, Language and Prohibition: Not Started

Office: Scarborough
Group #: I’ve been assigned a group number

Questions:
1. Travel history: I see a couple of arrival entries into Canada without corresponding exits. I suspect I will be asked for passport scans to corroborate dates? (Because without the exit dates there's no way to tell I meet physical presence.)
2. Group #: People have speculated this means you're in line to be interviewed?
3. Is there any benefit in sending passport scans preemptively? Or wait? @shiremag

Folks, please share your thoughts!
@Dr. Walden

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I've just received my CBSA notes and wanted help with understanding a few things:

Questions:
1. Travel history: I see a couple of arrival entries into Canada without corresponding exits. I suspect I will be asked for passport scans to corroborate dates? (Because without the exit dates there's no way to tell I meet physical presence.)
3. Is there any benefit in sending passport scans preemptively? Or wait? @shiremag

@Dr. Walden
This is the response I received from a friend who is a Canadian government employee regarding Group number:

I'm not sure, but I would guess this is an internal tracking reference that groups files for administrative reasons. Some functions/tasks may be performed in batches for a bunch of files at the same time, and each bunch is assigned a specific 'group' number. And things like team leaders would assign the files to officers group by group etc. I don't think this would be of relevance to the applicant.

Personally, I would not advise sending scanned passport(s) copies without the request.

Reactions: derkdsou

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Do you mean your CBSA notes on your travel history (entry/exit) in Canada... some of them do not have exit dates? They don't have a track record of all of your trips and accurate dates of exits?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

Questions:

@Dr. Walden
Since your BG is already marked complete, you don't have to worry about Security Clearance, and other Screenings. At this point, I would wait for them to ask for passport scans and then send them. I am not sure about the group number. I assumed a group number is assigned when people apply together as a group (family) and want the applications processed together. But the other description provided may be correct as well.

Reactions: derkdsou

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yes, two exit dates are missing from my CBSA travel history.
Do you mean your CBSA notes on your travel history (entry/exit) in Canada... some of them do not have exit dates? They don't have a track record of all of your trips and accurate dates of exits?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Copy that. Thank you.
On the group number: I'm a single applicant, and loads of single applicants have been assigned this number in the past, and I'm inclined to go with the interpretation provided by @Dr. Walden's contact.
Since your BG is already marked complete, you don't have to worry about Security Clearance, and other Screenings. At this point, I would wait for them to ask for passport scans and then send them. I am not sure about the group number. I assumed a group number is assigned when people apply together as a group (family) and want the applications processed together. But the other description provided may be correct as well.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Not a US citizen, and yes, the two missing exit dates are from 2019! Why do you ask?
The CBSA began collecting traveller exit information on foreign nationals (excluding American citizens) entering the United States from Canada on June 30, 2013. As of July 11, 2019, the CBSA collects exit information on all travellers (including Canadian and American citizens) in the land mode and in the commercial air mode as of June 25, 2020. Exit data may also be requested through the Travel History Report.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks a lot for sharing this!
Of the two exit dates missing from my history:
1. One land exit missing from Canada into the US (in the period between July 11, 2019 and Dec 31, 2019), but another land exit from Canada into the US (only a week prior at the same bridge) is included in the travel list! This is a real head scratcher.
2. One commercial air exit in 2019 missing - makes sense now why it didn't show up on the list.
The CBSA began collecting traveller exit information on foreign nationals (excluding American citizens) entering the United States from Canada on June 30, 2013. As of July 11, 2019, the CBSA collects exit information on all travellers (including Canadian and American citizens) in the land mode and in the commercial air mode as of June 25, 2020. Exit data may also be requested through the Travel History Report.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Thanks a lot for sharing this!
Of the two exit dates missing from my history:
1. One land exit missing from Canada into the US (in the period between July 11, 2019 and Dec 31, 2019), but another land exit from Canada into the US (only a week prior at the same bridge) is included in the travel list! This is a real head scratcher.
2. One commercial air exit in 2019 missing - makes sense now why it didn't show up on the list.
Use I94 request to access all your US travel history arrival and departure I94 - Official Website (dhs.gov) It is easy and you get results (all of your US travel history) in a matter of seconds.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you, yes, I have used I94 and it corroborated my exit/entry dates. I know my physical presence calculation is accurate. But what good is the I94 information if CBSA don't access it themselves?
Use I94 request to access all your US travel history arrival and departure I94 - Official Website (dhs.gov) It is easy and you get results (all of your US travel history) in a matter of seconds.