+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Happy to see so many files from November are getting their decisions, and soon with get to the Oath ceremonies, but a little disheartened that my application is still stuck in limbo since Feb 21st, I guess there is no chronological order that's followed. Guess will keep on waiting, can't do anything else.
Mine is also stuck in the limbo...I have not been invited for the test yet.

Citizenship Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: (don't remember)
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Nov 5, 2022
AOR : Dec 7, 2022
BG Complete : Feb. 3, 2023

G.U on March 2, 2023

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Type: Paper Application (not urgent)
Physical Presence Days:1200
Application: Family of 3
Application sent: Nov 26
Application Delivered: Nov 27
AOR: Jan 05
Citizenship Test: Email received Mar 8
Test Window: Mar 10 - Mar 30
Fingerprint Received: NA
BG Verification Completed: Mar 2
Citizenship Test Taken: Mar 16 (20/20)
Citizenship Test Completed: Mar 16
Physical Presence: Apr 14
Language Skills: Apr 14
Prohibitions: Apr 14
Email for Oath Taking Received: PENDING
Citizenship Ceremony: PENDING

Reactions: harmeet147

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
My wife received fingerprint request. - read like below from Vancouver office, is this normal, as we were in long for bg check as family of 4 application and only she reiceved this.

REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS FOR: *********************** You are receiving this letter because your fingerprints are required to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship. After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter. To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter. Fingerprinting procedure Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. For a list of RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agencies, please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp.

Is this normal right? and we should get it done for her. is there anything to worry here?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
My wife received fingerprint request. - read like below from Vancouver office, is this normal, as we were in long for bg check as family of 4 application and only she reiceved this.

REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS FOR: *********************** You are receiving this letter because your fingerprints are required to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship. After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter. To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter. Fingerprinting procedure Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. For a list of RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agencies, please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp.

Is this normal right? and we should get it done for her. is there anything to worry here?
Yes, if they are unable to clear your criminal history check with just the name, dob, and place of birth, you'll need to submit FPs. It's fairly straightforward - just follow instructions to submit them at the RCMP/Local police service/RCMP accredited service.

Is your BG marked as completed?

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Yes, if they are unable to clear your criminal history check with just the name, dob, and place of birth, you'll need to submit FPs. It's fairly straightforward - just follow instructions to submit them at the RCMP/Local police service/RCMP accredited service.

Is your BG marked as completed?
Correction : Thank you. Yes, my BG shows completed, my wife as i said email received for FP, My daughter (adult) BG completed, and minor shows in progress only.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Correction : Thank you. Yes, my BG shows completed, my wife as i said email received for FP, My daughter (adult) BG completed, and minor shows in progress only.
When was it marked as completed in the Application History section of the tracker? I'll update the spreadsheet...

For minors there will be no update till the very end in the tracker. Once a parent is granted citizenship (LPP marked complete/Decision made in ECAS) the minor is automatically granted

Reactions: kbi911

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017

Its standard letter that IRCC sends. Nothing to worry.

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
One thing though i found out during the letter that came for fingerprint of my wife is that, our application is being processed at IRCC Vancouver.

Also i have additional question here, Since this is sent as family application, if my wife's bg is pending, the test invite for citizenship for me and my daughter (where bg shows completed) will not come until her bg is completed status, right?

Last edited:

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
IRCC is going on strike effective tomorrow morning. Hopefully this strike will end soon. This is sad for people waiting for their application processing from long time.

• Sad
Reactions: shiremag

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017
One thing though i found out during the letter that came for fingerprint of my wife is that, our application is being processed at IRCC Vancouver.

Also i have additional question here, Since this is sent as family application, if my wife's bg is pending, the test invite for citizenship for me and my daughter (where bg shows completed) will not come until her bg is completed status, right?
Test invite would come even if BG is in progress. Both are independent.