+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
I am done waiting for the test invite and now planning my India summer vacation.
Can someone help me to understand how easy or complicated it is to give a test from another country (India)? does it impact the overall schedule or timeline? does it need a lot of back and forth communications with IRCC?

it is the same link .
if you are outside the country , you will just need to let the IRCC office know (this email will be in the test invite)
they will acknowledge and then you can proceed to take the test from outside canada.

i Just did the test from outside the country last week and it is updated in the system in a week.

regards
vbadry

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Dude… chill! Like, you are already a PR, that was the hard thing… only thing that gives you Citizenship is ability to vote, run for office and High Sec Clearance jobs, so… unless this is messing with your plan of running for Premier or Prime Minister or be Director of CSIS; nothing has changed from when you were PR. Just enjoy the ride, how can you possibly be messed up in the head for a Citizenship application? Enjoy the ride mate. You went through the same process for your PR. Whats so different now whats your rush.

live your life the same way you have been doing it for the last few years and just forget about it, it says 27 months right now, and I dont know you, but Ipreffer to enjoy life in Canada than to stressing out for receiving a piece of paper that gives you NOTHING, of what you already have.
Is this answer some sort of a joke? Trying to make fun of Canadian citizenship or applicants thereof? oh waw. Mind you that the frustration is real because we all aspire to become Canadians for yes voting and enjoying our rights fully in this country that we choose for settling, and where we hope to build lives and raise families. 27 months is a long time to process. And for some of us, the prospect to wait 27 months to reunite with our families scattered around the globe is insurmountable. For those of us coming from some countries that need visas to enter other countries, even when stuck at airports because our PR can't get us out, is also a good reason to receive our citizenship; and yes we can't wait to vote as well and have our voices heard as part of the fabric of the Canadian society!

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I’m in the same boat buddy I’m losing my hopes, nothing after AOR feb 2
I am October 28 applicant online, no update since AOR in Jan 21. The delay is touching all online applicants. I could see on trackers that applicants who sent on paper are treated faster. Go figure :( fully understand your frustration.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Any online applicants updates ? Nothing after aor and it’s pissing , many applicants who applied after me got updates ?
oct 28 applicant here, no AOR yet, and several people from online october have not received any update since AOR.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Just saw my tracker is updated with background verification completed!

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: November 29, 2021
Delivered: November 29, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
Test Invite: April 20, 2022
Test Completed: April 25, 2022
Fingerprints request: April 28, 2022
Fingerprints submitted: April 29, 2022
Fingerprints received: May 16, 2022
Background verification completed: May 17, 2022
you are lucky. I applied 1 month before you, no updates.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I’m in the same boat buddy I’m losing my hopes, nothing after AOR feb 2
read about the October 2021 forum and you will see that online october applicants are in the same boat, our AORs received much earlier, nothing updated. If that can give you some solace. The wait is awful.

Reactions: mecuban1982

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Just talked to the IRCC agent again, no movement on the file. The agent said they will take action when the application is for one year without movement. They acted like 27 months is no big deal.......like what kinda of retards will think like this....
oh my God. But this makes no sense since some files that came after after us are moving, and some files that are sent on paper are moving even faster.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
oh my God. But this makes no sense since some files that came after after us are moving, and some files that are sent on paper are moving even faster.
Yeah, I don't understand IRCC, they have such a huge backlog of applications and the processing time for citizenship is a ridiculous 27 months, yet they are opening up additional immigration programs and restarting invitations for Express Entry etc... Wouldn't it make sense to clear up the backlog first and then restart other programs... SMH

Reactions: saou17 and Franko72