App. Filed.......
21-01-2018
AOR Received.
21-01-2018
Med's Done....
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
Anyone who didn’t receive the citizenship test email invite by start date? My test period starts tomorrow according to the tracker and I am yet to receive the email.. wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Thanks

anksharma

Aug 13, 2013
looking for advice on this -I got aor in November 2021 online application got Test request in feb updated on tracker as complete..2-3 weeks ago got request for fingerprints which I submitted and it was delivered few days ago …I received this message today saying photo is not valid and they cannot process my application along with request for fingerprints again …I am confused now do they need new fingerprints or photo or may be both ..and for online application how would I send photo again??..this is text on message —
Hello,
Your fingerprints results have been received to Montreal citizenship office but we sadly cannot process with your application due to your photo missing or not valid. For this reason a new request has been sent to your attention today.Furthermore, the picture on the document must be a photo of yourself and not a picture of your ID.
Thank you,

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
looking for advice on this -I got aor in November 2021 online application got Test request in feb updated on tracker as complete..2-3 weeks ago got request for fingerprints which I submitted and it was delivered few days ago …I received this message today saying photo is not valid and they cannot process my application along with request for fingerprints again …I am confused now do they need new fingerprints or photo or may be both ..and for online application how would I send photo again??..this is text on message —
Hello,
Your fingerprints results have been received to Montreal citizenship office but we sadly cannot process with your application due to your photo missing or not valid. For this reason a new request has been sent to your attention today.Furthermore, the picture on the document must be a photo of yourself and not a picture of your ID.
Thank you,
You should call them to ask to be sure what you need to do

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Just recived my GCMS notes and surprise surprise... Nothing has been started. As well, I believe my application is still in Sydney. It states "Primary Office: CPC Sydney" & "Secondary Office: Mississauga IRCC". Oh well, nothing to do but be patient I suppose.
This is awful! is that office on vacation or what exactly? why aren't those applications streamlined and processed? I just don't get it. Some people processed in 6 months and others waiting for years!

Reactions: lordoftherings

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Online Applicants from November first Week, Any update? My Office is Calgary, No updates after AOR on 2nd Feb
per the info posted by members on this forum, it appears that online people who are getting test invites these days are those whose AOR was received mid December. I am also online applicant, October 28, AOR on Jan 21, In progress on all categories since Jan 24. No updates since. Sent a request for ATIP notes, none received as of yet. Spoke with their call center 2 or 3 weeks backs, they said that there is no issue with my file and that I should just wait (they spoke about the 27 months processing!!). That's where we are. If there is an update from my end, I'll post here in the forum.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Hello,
Thank you,
I think this message implies you need to send them a valid photo as taken by a photographer, not a selfie or something. See if they have any instructions on the tracker or the email, if they need you to send it physically to them or just upload it. I don't think they meant for you to redo the fingerprints since they just received. them. Call them or email them to verify. All the best to you.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
If you're talking about the test, I've heard of other people accidentally doing this. The test will be invalidated and you'll have to wait for a second test invitation.
At this rate, I just hope they go back to in-person processing, tests on site with verification by real officers. We are seeing here that technology has so many limitations. Now that Covid is receding, and everything is reopening, why not go back to reopening their offices and sparing us the online hassle?

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
At this rate, I just hope they go back to in-person processing, tests on site with verification by real officers. We are seeing here that technology has so many limitations. Now that Covid is receding, and everything is reopening, why not go back to reopening their offices and sparing us the online hassle?
It seems like they've really been pushing the online format recently. Especially when speaking about initiatives they're going to further invest in, online processing has been quite a big thing. I personally don't see them going to the in-person format anytime soon, but I may be wrong. Just recently they announced the further expansion of e-applications to families and minors.

Last edited:
Reactions: saou17

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
I am not sure that online is always the problem. Maybe your office didn’t but my test came with thorough instructions that even required you to read them prior to taking the test. They even clearly instruct you on when to do your photo vs the ID.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I am not sure that online is always the problem. Maybe your office didn’t but my test came with thorough instructions that even required you to read them prior to taking the test. They even clearly instruct you on when to do your photo vs the ID.
Not everyone is Tech Savvy!! And by the way, judging by the number of people who missed their test or whose tests were not accepted just because they misunderstood the instructions or didn't know how to upload the photos or simply the internet got disconnected in the middle of the exam, this is an added burdened.