+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

PingusMom

Nov 25, 2019
Hi everyone!
ECAS is saying Decision Made, so waiting to hear what it is and when the oath is:
Applied: November 25, 2019
AOR: February 26, 2020
Test invite: August 11, 2021
Exam date: August 15, 2021
Decision Made: November 5, 2021 (no fingerprint [I sent it with my application] or interview request)

I am part of the Kitchener group. Thank you for the update!

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
something is moving today finally lol

• Nov 10, 2021

Language skills activity status updated
    New update
    Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Nov 10, 2021

Prohibitions activity status updated
    New update
    Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Hi again everyone
Do you know how long does it take to receive the email after we see the oath date at the tracker ?

Thanks

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Anyone else from Montreal applied in November 2019 and still waiting for citizenship test. My background updated since Nov 2020 and there hasn’t been any updates..anyone else in similar situation , tried to contact someone and have any answers on when should our tracker will have any
updates ?As I’m tired to check it everyday and no updates since last year…

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
I would like to update the group on the progress of my application. 735 days after I submitted my file, I've been finally scheduled to take the citizenship oath on November 29.

Family of 1
Physical Presence: 1117
App. Sent: Nov 04, 2019
App. Delivered: Nov 7, 2019
AOR: Jan 21, 2020
In Process: Feb 04, 2020
Online Test Invite: Apr 26, 2021
Online Test Date: May 08, 2021
Prohibitions completed: July 15, 2021
Decision Made: July 15, 2021
Oath in progress: Nov 06, 2021
Online Oath Ceremony: Nov 29, 2021

A couple of notes on the process. I contacted my MP in April this year and a week later I was scheduled to take the citizenship test. Similarly, I ordered the GCMS notes on my file about 3 weeks ago, I received them yesterday and my file was updated today. I encourage everyone that's still waiting to reach out to your MP and to order the notes on your file! It appears that just the act of IRCC taking a look at your file may speed up the process.

For more than a year I've started every single day by coming to this forum hoping to get updates and encouraging news. I take this opportunity to thank the members of this community. Personally, it's hard to put into words how elated I feel at this moment.

Finally, does anyone know how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate after the oath? And how long to receive a passport after that?

I wish you all the best.
It seems like you didn’t have to go through the fingerprints process ..that’s why it was ‘’quicker’’ for you!! For the rest of us, who has to go through the fingerprints process are still waiting for the citizenship test..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Anyone else from Montreal applied in November 2019 and still waiting for citizenship test. My background updated since Nov 2020 and there hasn’t been any updates..anyone else in similar situation , tried to contact someone and have any answers on when should our tracker will have any
updates ?As I’m tired to check it everyday and no updates since last year…
Based on your BG timeline, probably they are re-checking it now. Have you received FP request for the first BG check? If so, I suspect you will get another one soon. That's why you haven't received the oath. Unfortunately, IRCC is a complete mess. They should've scheduled you the test and the oath before the BG check expires. Their approach of re-validating documents and clearances add to the backlog.

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Based on your BG timeline, probably they are re-checking it now. Have you received FP request for the first BG check? If so, I suspect you will get another one soon. That's why you haven't received the oath. Unfortunately, IRCC is a complete mess. They should've scheduled you the test and the oath before the BG check expires. Their approach of re-validating documents and clearances add to the backlog.
I was hoping to receive the citizenship test before September since my first FP was done last year in September, but yes I guess will have to submit another FP, but can I submit the fingerprints before their request to save couple of months, or do I have to wait for official letter?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was hoping to receive the citizenship test before September since my first FP was done last year in September, but yes I guess will have to submit another FP, but can I submit the fingerprints before their request to save couple of months, or do I have to wait for official letter?
I would wait until they request it. At least until it appears in the new tracker (if it does).