+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Can I pick up the certificate the day after oath if I have a flight ticket for a few days after the ceremony ?
hope you are travelling domestically because if you are flying internationally you won't be able to come back to Canada as you would be asked to cut the PR card

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was checking the processing time for citizenship grant, and this what I found. They seem to have removed the covid-19 excuse

Citizenship grant

12 months ?

We are committed to processing all complete applications within the above time. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.
If you have an application in progress

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When you click "committed" you get some statistics, whish is new to me. Anyway, this is what they say for the fiscal year April 1st 2019 to March 31st 2020

Citizenship grant applications (becoming a Canadian citizen)
The citizenship grant process includes citizenship grant applications and right of citizenship.

The service standards are only for applications with complete information and supporting documents.

Citizenship grant applications – Adults and minors
  • Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2019‒2020: processed 65% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in November 2015.

Right of citizenship
  • Our service standard: invite applicants to a citizenship ceremony within 4 months of approving their application
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2019‒2020: processed 92% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in June 2018.
They admit that the target is 80% to be processed within 12 months, but they achieved 65%. For the oath, they actually reporting that they exceeded the target!! How is that possible? Unless they are considering earlier applications for the oath. I have to say, I am surprised to see such statistics, but I respect they are disclosing such performance measures.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
When you click "committed" you get some statistics, whish is new to me. Anyway, this is what they say for the fiscal year April 1st 2019 to March 31st 2020

They admit that the target is 80% to be processed within 12 months, but they achieved 65%. For the oath, they actually reporting that they exceeded the target!! How is that possible? Unless they are considering earlier applications for the oath. I have to say, I am surprised to see such statistics, but I respect they are disclosing such performance measures.
indeed, that's good news, but tbh i dont trust what is written on IRCC website :)

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I was checking the processing time for citizenship grant, and this what I found. They seem to have removed the covid-19 excuse
also, this is what i am getting, it does say bcoz of covid we cannot ...

https://paste.pics/381cac96db5d9e5abce28d192f4e58e8

Check processing times

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we can’t

• process applications normally
  • give accurate processing times for most applications

If you’ve already applied, see the check your application status page to learn how

• to check your application status
  • we’re processing applications during the pandemic Updated weekly
OR:

Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)

Last updated: October 19, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

July 7 and 13, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Due to COVID-19

• we can’t process applications normally and can’t give accurate processing timesfor most types of applications
    • if you contact us, our Client Support Centre agents do not have additional information on processing times
  • we can’t give you more information than what is already available in the Client Application Status tool

1. Check your application status
There’s a new way for you to check the status of your application to become a Canadian citizen.

You must create a new account if

• this is your first time checking the status of your citizenship application
  • you’ve been using the Client Application Status (CAS) tool to check your application status
    • You cannot re-use your CAS username and password.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
also, this is what i am getting, it does say bcoz of covid we cannot ...

https://paste.pics/381cac96db5d9e5abce28d192f4e58e8

Check processing times

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we can’t

• process applications normally
  • give accurate processing times for most applications

If you’ve already applied, see the check your application status page to learn how

• to check your application status
  • we’re processing applications during the pandemic Updated weekly
OR:

Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)

Last updated: October 19, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

July 7 and 13, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Due to COVID-19

• we can’t process applications normally and can’t give accurate processing timesfor most types of applications
    • if you contact us, our Client Support Centre agents do not have additional information on processing times
  • we can’t give you more information than what is already available in the Client Application Status tool

1. Check your application status
There’s a new way for you to check the status of your application to become a Canadian citizen.

You must create a new account if

• this is your first time checking the status of your citizenship application
  • you’ve been using the Client Application Status (CAS) tool to check your application status
    • You cannot re-use your CAS username and password.
Yeah, I guess this is another page. I checked the processing time page, and there used to be covid-19 excuse as well, but they seem to have removed it from there. Very confusing

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Yeah, I guess this is another page. I checked the processing time page, and there used to be covid-19 excuse as well, but they seem to have removed it from there. Very confusing
ircc is very frustrating and confusing. you can never understand them. they have their reasons probably which cannot be disclosed :)

• Haha
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This thread is always way down the threads.

Anyway, just today I saw at least 3 Dec 2019 applicants get their oath scheduled, all of them in November. Is it just me or we started to see movements on that front for 2019 applicants? There is none Nov 2019 applicants though, and the lack of actions on this thread says that. Maybe they are going backward: Dec Nov Oct .. !! In any case, I have the feeling that the oath is close to those who have been waiting for 2019 applicants. Fingers crossed

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
This thread is always way down the threads.

Anyway, just today I saw at least 3 Dec 2019 applicants get their oath scheduled, all of them in November. Is it just me or we started to see movements on that front for 2019 applicants? There is none Nov 2019 applicants though, and the lack of actions on this thread says that. Maybe they are going backward: Dec Nov Oct .. !! In any case, I have the feeling that the oath is close to those who have been waiting for 2019 applicants. Fingers crossed
I am stil waiting for DM since taking my test on April 25. I hope they finish everything fast. I see a little bit movement since they are finalizing July applications. I guess, usually, when they say they are finalizing a period, it means they are pushing the process from this period to the next 3 months.
Also, I assume that most of the Nov 2019 applications have been finalized, and people don't update us when they leave us behind.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am stil waiting for DM since taking my test on April 25. I hope they finish everything fast. I see a little bit movement since they are finalizing July applications. I guess, usually, when they say they are finalizing a period, it means they are pushing the process from this period to the next 3 months.
Also, I assume that most of the Nov 2019 applications have been finalized, and people don't update us when they leave us behind.
I don't think most Nov 2019 applicants are done. I thought so before only to turn out they are really still waiting. It's more likely for someone who has been updating regarding their file to keep updating until they finish the oath, or at least are scheduled for it. These days, they are finalizing a week of applications every week. Before they would be stuck in a week of applications for 2 months. I hope they are speeding up, and that they are remembering us.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Hi,
Today I received my citizenship certificate.
This is my timeline:

Application submitted: November 2019
AOR: Jan 31, 2020
1st Citizenship test: March 21st 2020 (Cancelled due to covid)
2nd Citizenship test: February 24th 2021 (Completed)
Passport pages request: April 8th 2021
Interview: May 6th 2021
Oath Ceremony: September 27th 2021
Case closed on tracker: October 13th 2021
Certificate received in mail: October 25th (The canada post stamp on the envelope says October 20th).

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Can I pick up the certificate the day after oath if I have a flight ticket for a few days after the ceremony ?
You could request the officer to expedite the certificate dispatch/courier. Generally, they consider it if you have genuine reason.
Also, you have apply for canadian passport from the country you would travel to return back to Canada.