+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Me too.
Based on current trends in this forum, the processing time would be 2 years for 2019. 18 months for first-half 2020 and 12 months for second-half 2020.

So most likely, we will get an update before end of this year.
Based on this speed, if I get the oath invitation before the end of this year, I won't complain.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Based on this speed, if I get the oath invitation before the end of this year, I won't complain.
Any idea if I need to re-appear for the English language test (CELPIP) after 2 years? I appeared on Oct 2019 and this year october it will be 2 years. I know this test score is valid only for 2 years. I am sure that by Oct 2021 my appliation will not be processed for Citizenship Test based on the current trend. I got only the acknowledgement email from CIC on Feb 2020.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Any idea if I need to re-appear for the English language test (CELPIP) after 2 years? I appeared on Oct 2019 and this year october it will be 2 years. I know this test score is valid only for 2 years. I am sure that by Oct 2021 my appliation will not be processed for Citizenship Test based on the current trend. I got only the acknowledgement email from CIC on Feb 2020.
There is no 2 year limit for citizenship application as long as its a general test, its accepted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

jamaican_waiting

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
If you able to contact them? Any idea why 2020 applications are being processed before 2019?
I still can't get through to them on the phone. They finally replied to my webform with a generic response.

CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Tue, 22 Jun, 16:22 (2 days ago)
to me
Good day ,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.
We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you by providing you with the information we have available at this time.
If you've already submitted an application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship), we invite you to visit our website to:
  • Check your application status,
    • the Client Support Centre agents cannot give you more information than what is available in the Client Application Status tool,
  • See where we're at with :
    • sending the acknowledgement of reception letters,
      • the date posted on our website is updated weekly,
    • processing during the pandemic,
      • it is determined by looking at the applications we recently made a final decision on,
      • we then calculate the average date that we received those applications.
If an application is complex, it may take us longer to process it. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.
Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
IRCC is working on giving you the most updated information as the situation evolves, and all our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns. Our website is updated regularly as more information is made available.
Given these circumstances, we invite you to continue visiting our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as new announcements are made and to obtain information on travel restrictions and changes to our services that may affect you.

Glen86

Aug 18, 2015
Montreal
Hello friend, You are first person I ever saw on this thread from Montreal talking about test invite? Is this your first test invite or were you canceled during covid..
Sorry for the late reply. I was cancelled during covid, my initial test date was scheduled for April 2020!

Reactions: Jas4rmny

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I still can't get through to them on the phone. They finally replied to my webform with a generic response.

CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Tue, 22 Jun, 16:22 (2 days ago)
to me
Good day ,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.
We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you by providing you with the information we have available at this time.
If you've already submitted an application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship), we invite you to visit our website to:
  • Check your application status,
    • the Client Support Centre agents cannot give you more information than what is available in the Client Application Status tool,
  • See where we're at with :
    • sending the acknowledgement of reception letters,
    • processing during the pandemic,
      • it is determined by looking at the applications we recently made a final decision on,
      • we then calculate the average date that we received those applications.
If an application is complex, it may take us longer to process it. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.
Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
IRCC is working on giving you the most updated information as the situation evolves, and all our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns. Our website is updated regularly as more information is made available.
Given these circumstances, we invite you to continue visiting our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as new announcements are made and to obtain information on travel restrictions and changes to our services that may affect you.
Same reply they sent me also.

Reactions: jamaican_waiting

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
It's so frustrating to see applicants who applied almost one year after us, are at the same or more advanced stage than us. This is just wrong in every way. How unlucky were we to apply late 2019.
If you have the money reapply again online