+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Hridesh13

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

My friend got his AOR on Nov 5 at that time he was unmarried. But now he got married recently and now wants to add his wife in the express entry profile.

What is the process to add spouse after AOR and does it affect the timeline?
Please reply, thanks!

Hridesh13

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

My friend got his AOR on Nov 5 at that time he was unmarried. But now he got married recently and now wants to add his wife in the express entry profile.

What is the process to add spouse after AOR and does it affect the timeline?
Please reply, thanks!

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
we are exactly in the same boat. AOR 25th Nov, MEP 4th Jan and nothing after that....
you didn’t get any ADR that’s good!means everything is according to what they need.:) your background status must be the same-will send a message once we start? And btw where are you applying from India?

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
guys people with AORs in September and some in October are getting their PPR mails,so just be happy that almost half of your processing time is over and wish for the best in the coming months!!!:) though every case is different and we can’t compare but looking at the trend by 4th month we can expect our golden mails!and for those who never got any ghost updates or no update at all,just read a case of September..she never got any update message.So anything can happen!:)

tripathideepak86

Jan 16, 2019
I raised a CSE on Monday this week and got my response on Wednesday.I asked to know my visa office as well as any other update on my file.
AOR 15 November,MEP 17/12/18,Because of biometrics it's been IP2 since day one.Below is the response i got from a certain agent who responded to my enquiry.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the case processing center in Ottawa, Ontario, for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I am not sure at what stage of the application does the application go to case processing centers from CIO. Does anyone have any idea?
I received the same answer to my queries. However, I was not lucky to know the visa office.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
My application was updated from "We will let you know when we start Background check" TO "We are processing your Background check". I also have a "How to find job" message in my profile. Is this IP1?

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
MEP-3rd jan,AOR-24th November,received an ADR on 15th jan submitted on 16th ..got update of ADR as NA and letter for job in Canada.that’s it..[/QUOTE
ADR.. was it regarding POF consent of spouse.....

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
My application was updated from "We will let you know when we start Background check" TO "We are processing your Background check". I also have a "How to find job" message in my profile. Is this IP1?
That's ip2.congrats. when did you get that... today

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Call center agents often do give the wrong answers. Like most other employees, they make mistakes.

I've seen cases where call center agents have

1. Told applicants that POF exchange rate is frozen at time of AOR
2. Told applicants that ordering GCMS notes will delay their applications
3. Told applicants that their eligibility was fine when it was under review
4. Told applicants that their eligibility/background checks haven't started, 6 months in the application, and then a few days later they got PPR.

Also, if you look at the previous months AOR threads - it seems that the call center agents are just reading out the status that we see when we login to the application nowadays, for all applications that haven't passed the six month mark.
I don't agree with this.

a) Call centre employees don't see the same status as we do. GCMS are pulled out of their DMS and that's exactly what call centre employees see.
B) Security checks are done by the third party. So even you case officer wouldn't know what's happening with that.
C) Eligibility is still "fine" if it's in "review" Eligibility is fine until it fails.

I have called call centre 4 times and got the exact answers I am looking for. It's important to ask them probing question. They take 1000 calls a day and they'll try to wrap the call early if you don't probe them. Hope this helps.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So about 2 weeks ago I raised a CSE and just now got a response.

• All the required documents and information were received by the central intake office, Ottawa.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on December 17, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The background verifications have not been initiated.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
MEP-3rd jan,AOR-24th November,received an ADR on 15th jan submitted on 16th ..got update of ADR as NA and letter for job in Canada.that’s it..
I am assuming that it means you cleared your eligibility. What was the ADR? Was it related to your job or education?

Hello there

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
29-11-2018
I have been in Ip1 stage since 20 days... Has got the rprf and paid... And no any updates... Dear IRCC, why so late?? And Nov Aors are already getting ppr..

Last edited: