Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Hello guys, so I checked Ecas and I saw this:

We sent you a notice on June 29, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 6, 2018 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I told them I was going to travel outside of Canada on the 10th of August haha! I will have to re-schedule it unless i can get a passport within 4 days lol :D:p

Reactions: edmonds

shankett

Nov 7, 2017
Please update the sheet with my Oath Ceremony date 18th July at Scarborough Center, I am a Nov 6th applicant and line 101 in the sheet.
Was it an email or physical letter?

Wonder how they choose who to email and who to send physical post.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013

We sent you a notice on June 29, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 6, 2018 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I told them I was going to travel outside of Canada on the 10th of August haha! I will have to re-schedule it unless i can get a passport within 4 days lol :D:p
Congrats, updated the sheet

Reactions: Cirene

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017

Congratulations! You can definitely get a passport before the 10th but it will cost you extra. Did you get a invitation letter too?

Reactions: Cirene

alisonlau1991

Jul 1, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven’t receive notice of oath yet
But I hope I get it soooooon

Reactions: thegentleman

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I haven’t receive notice of oath yet
But I hope I get it soooooon
Congrats, added you to the Nov sheet. Can you share your
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent date
and DM date?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Congratulation which office is that and you're not checking your status regularly?
The office is Calgary. I've been checking ecas everyday but there was not update until today.

Last edited:
Reactions: edmonds

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Congratulations! You can definitely get a passport before the 10th but it will cost you extra. Did you get a invitation letter too?
No, I have not received anything yet. I checked my email and mail but no oath letter yet.

Mmm I don't mind paying extra but I am terrified that I won't get my passport within 4 days! I will give IRCC a call tomorrow morning and see what my options are. ;)

tumabarua

Dec 7, 2017
Hello!

I also wrote to them, indicating that we will be traveling outside Canada for some time, requesting a date after return date. I havent heard back.

In the event that the oath date is set before we return, we will have to miss the oath.

My questions to all:

1/ How does one reschedule if oath date change is required?

2/ What are the consequences of missing a scheduled date of oath.