Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I cannot believe my eyes!!! i got oath invite for july 13....at 8:00 AM today!!
Congrats! Looks like you never left the queue :D

Reactions: Kan_Sri

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
I cannot believe my eyes!!! i got oath invite for july 13....at 8:00 AM today!!
That's fantastic!!!! Congratulations Kan_Sri.

Did you get an email/mail or checked ecas?!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
That's fantastic!!!! Congratulations Kan_Sri.

Did you get an email/mail or checked ecas?!
got an email at 8AM!! i was too excited to check ECAS. Besides - i was told there wont be any update on ecas by @KK82 and @ZingyDNA. They are right, ECAS still has no update about test or oath. The last update i have is for finger prints during in process stage.

Thank you for your wishes. & Thanks @YYZ2017

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats @Kan_Sri

I have a question for you guys. I had applied for GCMS 30 days back, and received it today.

The GCMS notes indicates that Criminality is passed, whereas Knowledge,Residence, Language and Prohibition has not started.

The other 2 things worth noting are 1. Paper File Office: Mississauga IRCC

and 2. My secondary office has been assigned as St.Clair.

Anybody else ordered GCMS notes and been assigned St.Clair as secondary office here?
I am worried if this could potentially mean RQ?

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
Hello Guys

I have a question, I received the FP request on May 31st and did it on June 7th. Called CIC and they confirmed that they received the results. Now today I read on their website that receiving request to submit the FPs, the application is considered 'Non-Routine'.

From CIC webite:

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:

• you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

My question is will it slow down the processing time? Should I call CIC again to verify if my application has become non-routine?
Or if you guys can shed more light on it, would be great.

Appreciate it.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello Guys

I have a question, I received the FP request on May 31st and did it on June 7th. Called CIC and they confirmed that they received the results. Now today I read on their website that receiving request to submit the FPs, the application is considered 'Non-Routine'.

From CIC webite:

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:

• you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

My question is will it slow down the processing time? Should I call CIC again to verify if my application has become non-routine?
Or if you guys can shed more light on it, would be great.

Appreciate it.
I went through FP. I am not a pandit of the process, but here is my 2 cents. FP request is pretty common these days - considering the number of applications CIC is getting. One of the common causes could be a very common name - my name is very common in my community from india. So the FP is just to distinguish one from the other and make sure you dont have any arrests or warrants against you. Nothing to worry about.

You may call the call center, they may not have more information than what you just posted.

Timeline - it adds 3-4 weeks to the timeline usually. hence not a big deal considering the overall 12 month timeperiod.

There are quite a few people in this forum who did not receive FP or any communication after the file went to IN PROCESS. FP request is better than that scenario.

Good luck!

Reactions: YYZ2017

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Congrats @Kan_Sri

I have a question for you guys. I had applied for GCMS 30 days back, and received it today.

The GCMS notes indicates that Criminality is passed, whereas Knowledge,Residence, Language and Prohibition has not started.

The other 2 things worth noting are 1. Paper File Office: Mississauga IRCC

and 2. My secondary office has been assigned as St.Clair.

Anybody else ordered GCMS notes and been assigned St.Clair as secondary office here?
I am worried if this could potentially mean RQ?
Thanks @wolfpack27616 . the lone wolf dies but the pack survives....

Knowledge is citizenship test. Usually Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibitions are all analyzed @ the interview.

For example, Residence evaluation happnes(gets completed) only when you hand over your passport and the visa officer checks and confirms what you have entered in the physical presence(claimed) is valid.

I am saying this based on my experience. I had ordered GCMS notes twice and received twice(before my test) - both said the same..."Criminality is passed, whereas Knowledge,Residence, Language and Prohibition has not started."

Criminality is passed as soon as my FP results were obtained and added to file.

Secondary office is St Clair for my application too. I am a ottawa resident. I got FP from St Clair office. My guess is - Criminality and other clearances process starts at St Clair office and then the file is transferred to the geographical location.

As of what i see from the statement above - you have nothing to worry. I am not entirely sure about RQ process. All this is my opinion, please dont bring your pack and hunt me down.... :p

Last edited:

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
got an email at 8AM!! i was too excited to check ECAS. Besides - i was told there wont be any update on ecas by @KK82 and @ZingyDNA. They are right, ECAS still has no update about test or oath. The last update i have is for finger prints during in process stage.

Thank you for your wishes. & Thanks @YYZ2017
Yeah right.. Though my ECAS status is now officially updated from Decision made to Complete with a comment on line 4 "You became a Canadian citizen on June 22, 2018." ;)

Reactions: Kan_Sri