+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
hello guys,

I have just done my fingerprinting from my local police office. I was wondering how do we get notified that it has been sent to the vancouver office?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
hello guys,

I have just done my fingerprinting from my local police office. I was wondering how do we get notified that it has been sent to the vancouver office?
You won't get a notification and there won't be an update on ecas.

You can (after a reasonable amount of time has passed) check in with the RCMP, using the reference number you were given, and get confirmation that the information was sent to IRCC. And (after some amount of time again) you can call IRCC to see if the receipt of the fingerprint information has been added to your file.

You don't need to do the follow-up. You will be contacted by IRCC when it's time to have your test and interview either way.

Reactions: HeroMember

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you! How old is your mom? because if she is over 55, she does not need to write the test. And I wonder if for these cases of people who are minors/seniors, it the Vancouver office handles these applications.
She was 55 at the time of application so she's waived from knowledge and language requirements. You're right, I guess the Vancouver office processes apps quicker, and you're lucky that they handle yours.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You won't get a notification and there won't be an update on ecas.

You can (after a reasonable amount of time has passed) check in with the RCMP, using the reference number you were given, and get confirmation that the information was sent to IRCC. And (after some amount of time again) you can call IRCC to see if the receipt of the fingerprint information has been added to your file.

You don't need to do the follow-up. You will be contacted by IRCC when it's time to have your test and interview either way.
Thanks for your reply, so do we have to call the RCMP office in Vancouver or any RCMP to get the update?

citizen18

Mar 20, 2018
Just an update...so I called CIC this morning and was given my test date. The test date was not posted in ecas or sent to me via email or mail... CIC said it isn't there because they usually send about 2 weeks prior. Yippee...hope yours will come soon

Reactions: itslulutime

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Just got back from the exam/interview guys and got 20/20!!!:D:D:D
I found this website to be the most useful of them all! http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

So I got there on time but couldn't find the room where the exam was going to be held. I and 2 other people were 2mins late but the lady said it was fine because she didn't start giving the instructions yet anyways. She was really nice... but please don't be like me and try to be there atleast 15mins early. ;) So we sat down, were given the instructions and were given the exam which I was the second person to finish out of 13 people. Exam was hella easy!!!:cool: Finished it in like 3-5mins! I was trying to figure out when the hard and tricky questions were coming but none came!!! Might not be the same for everyone though because obviously everyone gets a different exam.

I gave the invigilator my exam and was told to go into another room for the interview. The lady who interviewed me was fairly young and was very nice so everything pretty much went smoothly. ADVICE: Do bring everything imaginable to the interview for proof and reference. The originals of every document that you submitted because you never know what they may ask for. I didn't think they would ask for the original COPR but brought it anyway and that was the first thing she asked for... as well as my University degree certificate. Also, she went through my expired and new passport to ensure that my dates from the Physical Presense Calculator were correct. Anyway, all went well in my book. After asking me a few more questions (interview lasted around 15-20mins the most) she told me it would be another 3-4 month wait for the ceremony but I doubt it would take that long with not much applications from Halifax and all.

Good luck to everyone else on this journey to Canadian Citizenship!!!:D:D:D

Last edited:

KavAgAv

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Any idea how long the entire exercise lasts - the line up, sign in, test, interview and wrap-up? 2 hours?

Planning for work. Wondering if I should take a day off that day or go to work late. How late will I be is what I am wondering.
Just finished with my test at Scarborough Town center. Whole process from start of test to end too 45 mins and I was out.

The interviewer verified documents and asked me some general questions about my travels, work, and family. Some stuff about my neighboorhne where I live.

She didn't tell me anything about the next steps.

I did score 19 and my English is pretty good.
I hope I didn't give her any grounds for refusal - that is if an interviewer can refuse on any basis.

She asked me about New York where I had spent a weekend, and I said with the kind of traffic it feels just like home in India. And she kinda smirked. Did I do something stupid here?

Last edited:
Reactions: thegentleman