+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is regular and Scarborough office is going at the usual pace but the problem is all of GTA applications are being done at this center now and even on my test date, there were 4 testing blocks and total of nearly 100 applicants were tested. The oath letter and oath date has a progression of one month for each step and some of my friends have not received their oath letter even after 2 months. That what worries me that the work load might be affecting the timelines. My situation is changing and I might have to change oath early but there is no guarantee as I asked them the probable date of oath, they replied it would be any time before nov 2018, within one year of your application, which is a standard answer. I was just wondering if there is a mechanism to appeal for an earlier date and hence posed the question.
I think you ll just have to wait like the rest of us till November. And u can be happy if the process finishes earlier. Don’t dream on, you ll be disappointed. Nothing we can do to make them process our applications faster. There are a lot of us. Numberless. They just bumping out, add me to sheet,add me to sheet. Reality is your best option!!!

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
No you are not dreaming....who knows ?! may even you have the test and cermony at same day....I guess they will get back to nov applications next month....
The only case you can get the test and ceremony at the same day if you live far away from the immigration office. For example if your office is Calgary and you live in Medicine hat ( 3 hours driving away from Calgary ) at least that what I have understood from the forum here.

There are still 2 weeks to April, we hope they go back to the track soon!

Reactions: Balboul

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
You or someone with a similar name/date of birth has been charged with (or convicted of) an indictable offence.
You would be sent a letter.
Adding to that
If name does not appear same into all the documents you submitted and in application
example
your PR card /Driving licence have last name as your full name and in You passport last name is as First name
or any combination of name does not match in any of submitted document

Hope this will help

-Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Saskgirl2017

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Did you contact them with the request? Who did you contact? The IRCC head office or the test center? Thanks in advance for providing the information as I might have to send a request too.
Hi we didn't contact the CIC. We just wait and we are lucky that we got the test invite soon. Thank you

Reactions: YYZ2017

brandaogu

Dec 12, 2017
Calgary
Hi folks,

Under what kind of circumstances would be asked for finger prints and will you get an email or regular mail for that notice?

Thanks,

W
This has been answered here a few times.

It's unknown. Maybe it's random.

You'll get a letter by mail and there will also be a communication on ECAS saying that they sent you a correspondence.

Reactions: Yerushalayim

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is regular and Scarborough office is going at the usual pace but the problem is all of GTA applications are being done at this center now and even on my test date, there were 4 testing blocks and total of nearly 100 applicants were tested. The oath letter and oath date has a progression of one month for each step and some of my friends have not received their oath letter even after 2 months. That what worries me that the work load might be affecting the timelines. My situation is changing and I might have to change oath early but there is no guarantee as I asked them the probable date of oath, they replied it would be any time before nov 2018, within one year of your application, which is a standard answer. I was just wondering if there is a mechanism to appeal for an earlier date and hence posed the question.
All GTA applicants are processed in Scarborough and Mississauga. It has been case for years.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
It's unknown. Maybe it's random.
No , there is a reason , which explained above also
reason could be like ..

- Name mismatch in all documents submitted like
- Name change during any time
- Criminal record found while doing name based search or similar sounding name

Thanks

Reactions: Saskgirl2017

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
DM to Oath time for Scarborough is averaging around 6-8 months at the moment. Only way to appeal for an earlier date is to request for urgent processing, but you need a valid reason like a serious emergency that absolutely requires you to have a Canadian passport.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
My timeline for the spreadsheet (new entry):

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1180
Application Sent: 1 November, 2017
Application Delivered: 7 November, 2017
AOR: 5 January, 2018
IP eCAS: 6 February, 2018
Test Invite Letter: 1 March, 2018
Test Date: 12 March, 2018
DM eCAS: 15 March, 2018 (estimate -- not checked earlier)

Reactions: thegentleman

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
I was really hoping to be on track with all the other Vancouver applicants in receiving my test invitation maybe last week of Feb or first week of March, but today still nothing. Adjusting that goal to end of March for an end of April test (fingers crossed).