+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2018.
I'm from Calgary. Any Calgarians here?
Lots here

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
by saying "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018."

is it an email or regular mail? i never got it , neither way...

anyone with similar issue? thanks.
You will not get the book. Study it online. If you need a physical hard copy then you need to order one online. It's free and takes about a week to arrive.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
by saying "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018."

is it an email or regular mail? i never got it , neither way...

anyone with similar issue? thanks.
If you've listed your email ID in the application form ~ you will receive an email (for the AOR, and for everything else they'd want to communicate with you).

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
If you've listed your email ID in the application form ~ you will receive an email (for the AOR, and for everything else they'd want to communicate with you).
just to clarify - AOR is sent by email(these days). Other communications method depend on location. for example - Ottawa is using mail(snail mail) to send out test invites and Oath letter so far. St clair sents out finger print request via snail mail.

few locations such as Calgary ( i think - am not sure) - have switched to test invites and oath letters in email.

FPs, Test invites and Oath invites are all updated on ecas, so you know to expect it in mail (if used). Other communications such as RQs and QAs are by snail mail and not updated on ecas.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2018.
I'm from Calgary. Any Calgarians here?
added you to the tracker here. There are quite a few calagry applicants in november. :) welcome to the forum.

Keep us posted and we will update the tracker. for the tracker let us know - if it is a single or family app,physical days in canada and when was the applcition sent?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi friends,
My spouse got the FP request today. The rest of the 4 applications in the family did not. Immediately checked each of our ecases, and my spouse's was the only one which had the extra line added stating "We sent you correspondence ...."
Got the digital FP done at the commissionaire's office in Hamilton as a walk-in for CAD 45.20 (including tax) as first available appointment for getting it done at the local Police was two weeks away. The local police were the ones who directed us to the commissionaire's office after we requested that we would like the FP done soonest.

Admin, please update in the spreadsheet. Thanks, and good luck to all.
sophon
updated!

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Good morning,

Please update my status on the spread sheet.

Fingerprint request Feb 28
Fingerprint taken Mar 8

Does anyone has any idea how things supposedly will move after this step?

Thanks,

Yayita

Reactions: thegentleman

M1KE

Mar 7, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
01-07-2010
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
In this stage, you should wait for the test invite in one month or more (rough estimate).

Good morning,

Fingerprint taken Mar 8

Thanks,

Yayita

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Good morning,

Fingerprint taken Mar 8

Thanks,

Yayita
Added a note to the sheet.
Now you just wait for test invitation.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Status update:

Received a FP request today by mail and the online status stayed as "In Process" with an update like this "We sent you correspondence on March 6, 2018...." Have a straightforward app and was hoping for a test interview soon, hopefully the FP request will not create a long delay.

Anyone knows of good FP agencies around Toronto Downtown, North York and Scarborough area?
777 Bay downtown Toronto. opposite Service Ontario office at level B1

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Ok so I got little updat e from cic today.

"we sent you correspondence on march 8th "

not too sure whats going to be in there. havent received any email yet.

can someone please let me know
1) if the FP request only come un mail or email?

2) how many days generally it may delay the process?

3) I do not see any harship to get it done here in Regina. as soon as i get it delivered, I guess I can get it done on the very same day. can anyone tell me roughly how many days the result may take to reach to you and once you forward it to IRCC how many days they may take to attach it with your file? also it it is done at local office or else where?

All replies are appreciated!

Heads up Regina people, check your ecas

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Ok so I got little updat e from cic today.

"we sent you correspondence on march 8th "

not too sure whats going to be in there. havent received any email yet.

can someone please let me know
1) if the FP request only come un mail or email?

2) how many days generally it may delay the process?

3) I do not see any harship to get it done here in Regina. as soon as i get it delivered, I guess I can get it done on the very same day. can anyone tell me roughly how many days the result may take to reach to you and once you forward it to IRCC how many days they may take to attach it with your file? also it it is done at local office or else where?

All replies are appreciated!

Heads up Regina people, check your ecas
1) FP comes as an update on ecas and then you get a mail via post which you have to take during the FP.
2) if everything is smooth it could take about a week. Usually the FP is sent within 24 hours.
I haven't seen an FP updated on the file personally. But you could always call CIC and ask for the update.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Reactions: Shining Moon