+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
I’ve been calling the hotline almost every week, reached out to my MP, inquire the status using webform and request for GCMS notes. Now finally i have oath invite! (Only the oath invite is true). So be patient and it will come (within a year).

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I’ve been calling the hotline almost every week, reached out to my MP, inquire the status using webform and request for GCMS notes. Now finally i have oath invite! (Only the oath invite is true). So be patient and it will come (within a year).
Congratulations and thanks for motivating some of us.

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Finally I received my citizenship oath ceremony invitation today from Mississauga! Admin please update the tracker.

Application received November 17
Test date May 7 (Scarborough)
Oath invitation email Aug 22 (from Mississauga)
Oath ceremony September 13 in Mississauga

My file was in transit to Mississauga for last two weeks,so whoever's file is in transit, I hope you guys get yours soon. I'm glad finally the stress is over.

Reactions: akitanatural

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Finally I received my citizenship oath ceremony invitation today from Mississauga! Admin please update the tracker.

Application received November 17
Test date May 7 (Scarborough)
Oath invitation email Aug 22 (from Mississauga)
Oath ceremony September 13 in Mississauga

My file was in transit to Mississauga for last two weeks,so whoever's file is in transit, I hope you guys get yours soon. I'm glad finally the stress is over.
Congratulations! :)

Reactions: Aleen

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Received oath ceremony invitation today via email at 10:43 AM for 13th Sept. Live in Toronto, wrote test in Scarborough and oath in Mississauga. Please update the tracker.
My oath is at 9am on Sept 13, are you the same? I also wrote my test in Scarborough and ceremony is in Mississauga

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Hi Guys,
I finally finished my Canadian citizenship journey the Oath was on 20th and I received my Canadian citizenship certificate. I finally can take part in Canadian politics and support the party who will get us back on track. I will be hanging around these forums as they have been part of my life for over 5 years now. They did take away my PR card so will have to get my passport done or else it will be a hassle to travel.

Good luck to everyone!

Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone :) My application is in DM since May and i have a trip booked end of October where i will be out of the country for 2 months. I am getting a bit worried now that i wont get the oath invite by then. Should i contact them to mention this? Any advice will be appreciated. My file was received at the end of October.

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
Hello everyone :) My application is in DM since May and i have a trip booked end of October where i will be out of the country for 2 months. I am getting a bit worried now that i wont get the oath invite by then. Should i contact them to mention this? Any advice will be appreciated. My file was received at the end of October.
I think that you should get your invite really soon, I also received my DM in May and yesterday got the oath invite,
in worst case call CIC and let them know.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegentleman

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Guys,
I finally finished my Canadian citizenship journey the Oath was on 20th and I received my Canadian citizenship certificate. I finally can take part in Canadian politics and support the party who will get us back on track. I will be hanging around these forums as they have been part of my life for over 5 years now. They did take away my PR card so will have to get my passport done or else it will be a hassle to travel.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations my friend :)

Reactions: CAforCA

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Finally!! I guess the move to Mississauga is doing the trick. So many oath invites on this forum itself. Things have moved a lot this week. Who knows if Scarborough was bummed with work or it was their tactics to have Mississauga play a bigger role. Nonetheless, congratulations to everyone who received their oath invites and best of luck to those in waiting. Its coming, and its coming very soon.

Reactions: jojik

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Hi Guys,

Good luck to everyone!
Where was your ceremony? Mine is in Mississauga , I was wondering how long it takes? And how many family member I can bring?