+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
One thing I don't understand... You are the sponsor! So how can they ask the applicant for this type of stuff? Like for example if you never have been to Canada... What can he show if he has no relatives there? The same looking for job and rent and stuff... Just seems weird to me! And indeed this are sometimes hard things to prove... I understand their job... But isn't it enough to be willing to go through this long process and to pay a lot of money, in our case for notary+translations...
Good lick to you both, I really hope you will get through this!!!
My thoughts exactly. They already asked me for similar documents but I never understood why would they ask him to provide such documents. It's not fair to ask him to provide what he's done to prove he's planning on living in Canada when there's no guarantee that he's being approves. I do hope they don't make it tougher than it already is. Hopefully this will soon be over for all of us here and be reunited with our loved ones. Good luck to you as well. Hope to hear good news from u soon!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
I received an email....well my husband received an email from Bucharest VO requesting proof of the steps he's taken to prove his intentions of moving to Toronto. It is mind boggling the things they ask for. What can we send to prove our or his intentions of wanting to move to Canada. Obviously he wants to go but what kind of documents can he provide them with. They want specific documents.
I'm also a sponsor living abroad. With our application I sent letters from family and friends saying they know we're returning and how they're willing to help/support us when we arrive (place to stay, car to use, etc.), a letter form my Canadian bank stating that I'm in good standing and outlining the accounts and products I've maintained while being outside Canada, a letter from my foreign employer stating that she's aware that I'm returning to Canada and that my employment will terminate when my husband is approved, correspondence between myself and a venue for an event we're hosting in Canada in November, and plane tickets from my visits home to show my continued connection to Canada - and of course a cover letter explaining our situation (want to start a family in Canada, plans to be abroad were always temporary, etc.). Later, without being asked, I submitted a contract/receipt from the venue I mentioned earlier and plane tickets to Canada (return flight - was cheaper and incase my husband has to go on a tourist visa) - and again a note explaining everything (why the tickets are round trip and that I don't intend to use the return unless the application is refused). We received our GCMS notes and can see that they received the things we submitted after the whole application, but apparently no one actually read it because it got categorized as proof of relationship.

IF they request more proof of our intention to return I will have my foreign employer write another letter saying I've given my notice, send another contract/receipt from another vendor for the event in October, and a facebook conversation I had with a former colleague about possibly returning to work there when I return (unfortunately the company may be closing/being sold), and I'll also do a little job searching to have something more to show.

IF they request proof of my husband's intention to return he'll do a little job searching and also, as he has an interest in studying when we get to Canada, he can also contact some colleges inquiring about courses and fees, etc. But I've just thought of these things now. Until I read about your situation, I never expected they might ask him for proof of intention to move to Canada! I thought going through this whole pain-in-the-ass process to get PR would be enough to show he wants to live in Canada!!!

Good luck! And please let us know what happens!

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Tbh...I never thought that they would ask my husband to provide proof of intention. I have provided similar documents like yours and now I'm struggling to gather documents for him. He's a dentist so I'm gonna contact universities for his licence degree in Canada. So we'll c what else I can gather
I'm also a sponsor living abroad. With our application I sent letters from family and friends saying they know we're returning and how they're willing to help/support us when we arrive (place to stay, car to use, etc.), a letter form my Canadian bank stating that I'm in good standing and outlining the accounts and products I've maintained while being outside Canada, a letter from my foreign employer stating that she's aware that I'm returning to Canada and that my employment will terminate when my husband is approved, correspondence between myself and a venue for an event we're hosting in Canada in November, and plane tickets from my visits home to show my continued connection to Canada - and of course a cover letter explaining our situation (want to start a family in Canada, plans to be abroad were always temporary, etc.). Later, without being asked, I submitted a contract/receipt from the venue I mentioned earlier and plane tickets to Canada (return flight - was cheaper and incase my husband has to go on a tourist visa) - and again a note explaining everything (why the tickets are round trip and that I don't intend to use the return unless the application is refused). We received our GCMS notes and can see that they received the things we submitted after the whole application, but apparently no one actually read it because it got categorized as proof of relationship.

IF they request more proof of our intention to return I will have my foreign employer write another letter saying I've given my notice, send another contract/receipt from another vendor for the event in October, and a facebook conversation I had with a former colleague about possibly returning to work there when I return (unfortunately the company may be closing/being sold), and I'll also do a little job searching to have something more to show.

IF they request proof of my husband's intention to return he'll do a little job searching and also, as he has an interest in studying when we get to Canada, he can also contact some colleges inquiring about courses and fees, etc. But I've just thought of these things now. Until I read about your situation, I never expected they might ask him for proof of intention to move to Canada! I thought going through this whole pain-in-the-ass process to get PR would be enough to show he wants to live in Canada!!!

Good luck! And please let us know what happens!

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
Tbh...I never thought that they would ask my husband to provide proof of intention. I have provided similar documents like yours and now I'm struggling to gather documents for him. He's a dentist so I'm gonna contact universities for his licence degree in Canada. So we'll c what else I can gather
Did your husband ever visited Canada or had some type of business that they would ask something like this? Still can't figure out why would they ask a person without PR proof of moving?
I am sure you will figure it out! I think it's a good idea with the universities! Or something that shows he is really interested in continuing to work as dentist in Canada and I really thing this will do the trick!
Anyway good luck to you! I am sure you guys will be great! You will provide everything and this will be over for you soon!! Keep your hopes up!
And also you will soon have your GCMS notes I think this will give you more info.. Also I've read here that on the bottom of the pages you may find some personal comments about the case!

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Did your husband ever visited Canada or had some type of business that they would ask something like this? Still can't figure out why would they ask a person without PR proof of moving?
I am sure you will figure it out! I think it's a good idea with the universities! Or something that shows he is really interested in continuing to work as dentist in Canada and I really thing this will do the trick!
Anyway good luck to you! I am sure you guys will be great! You will provide everything and this will be over for you soon!! Keep your hopes up!
And also you will soon have your GCMS notes I think this will give you more info.. Also I've read here that on the bottom of the pages you may find some personal comments about the case!
Thank you so much. You have been such a great help and support. My husband never visited Canada and that's why I find it weird as well. Hope things work out for u as well!

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
Well we have to wait 30 something days... Mine should arrive around 22'nd of May... I can't wait to look through them even though I am afraid there will be not so much information since my medical just showed passed the other day... But still I am planning on ordering them again and again so I will keep track of everything!
Don't worry we will have more information once we receive the notes
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
********WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2016 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM *******
All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:

a. AOR1 or Application package will be sent back for lack of relevant document
b. Request for missing document or updated document - based on your spousal application
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

2. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step: Shocked Shocked

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA karachi pakistan????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Thank you so much. You have been such a great help and support. My husband never visited Canada and that's why I find it weird as well. Hope things work out for u as well!
You are absolutely welcome!! You are also a great support for me during this period!! Because we are all into this together! And I am sure you guys will be able to provide everything and your husband will receive the PR soon!! good luck to you!!

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA karachi pakistan????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..
I am sorry but I am not from Pakistan to know this details... But in my native country the native language is not english so we legally translated (which means they need to be stamped/authorised by a notary)!

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
You are absolutely welcome!! You are also a great support for me during this period!! Because we are all into this together! And I am sure you guys will be able to provide everything and your husband will receive the PR soon!! good luck to you!!
Thank you sooo much and I wish you luck as well. Hope we won't wait much longer!

Blerton

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
I got a question. When my wife gets to canada, can she apply for a visit visa for her father to come and visit in canada?
If so how would she go about doing that?
Thanks.

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
I got a question. When my wife gets to canada, can she apply for a visit visa for her father to come and visit in canada?
If so how would she go about doing that?
Thanks.
Her father would have to apply for a visitor visa himself, I don't think she can do that for him on his behalf. :)