13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
congrats rajeev!

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas has been updated! I checked it over the weekend and there's a new line at the bottom now. This is what it said earlier:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 9, 2015.
We sent you a notice on June 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

There is a new line at the bottom that was added recently:

We sent you a letter on June 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I still havent received any other letter from CIC after the first one about the test. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas what this could be about?

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
no idea but it's been 2 weeks, I would call CIC...best of luck

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
My ecas has been updated! I checked it over the weekend and there's a new line at the bottom now. This is what it said earlier:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We sent you a notice on June 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on June 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I still havent received any other letter from CIC after the first one about the test. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas what this could be about?
Best case scenario: it is a consent form for same-day oath ceremony right after you pass the test. What is your local office ? You can check online whether they have an oath ceremony on July 14th...
Worst case scenario: it is an RQ
in-between: it is request for fingerprints or a few more documentation.

Wish you the best !

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:

And bingo ! I just found your local office to be Montreal according to the November spreadsheet. And I just checked, and guess what ! Montreal has an oath ceremony on July 14th at 2 pm. Bear in mind that Montreal has a history of issuing same-day oath ceremonies. So this might be the case for you. Finger crossed ! :D :D

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
And bingo ! I just found your local office to be Montreal according to the November spreadsheet. And I just checked, and guess what ! Montreal has an oath ceremony on July 14th at 2 pm. Bear in mind that Montreal has a history of issuing same-day oath ceremonies. So this might be the case for you. Finger crossed ! :D :D
Thanks a lot AsianIndian I hope so too!

And I sent the RQ with a ton of documentation in May so they already have that... not sure what else it could be unless its an error on the ecas. I will call tomorrow to find out.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I called the CIC help line - the last line on my ecas that they sent me a letter dated 16 June was a mistake. They just sent me the test notification on 12 June and nothing else after that. So I need to follow instructions for the test.

I dont think I will be invited for the oath on the day of the test, usually people get a notification with the test invitation. my test is at 1245 at the CIC centre and the citizenship ceremony on that day is at 2pm at the Mariott... a bit tight!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
I called the CIC help line - the last line on my ecas that they sent me a letter dated 16 June was a mistake. They just sent me the test notification on 12 June and nothing else after that. So I need to follow instructions for the test.

I dont think I will be invited for the oath on the day of the test, usually people get a notification with the test invitation. my test is at 1245 at the CIC centre and the citizenship ceremony on that day is at 2pm at the Mariott... a bit tight!
I see...

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being a november applicant from scarborough, updating my details here..

Mailed : Nov 2nd 2014
Received at CIC : November 5th 2014
AOR received : January 7th 2015
Test : march 15 2015
Oath July 22 2015
Ecas updated to decision made - 4th july 2015

Hoping that all november applicants recieve their pinky soon.

cecapplied

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecapplied said:
Being a november applicant from scarborough, updating my details here..

Mailed : Nov 2nd 2014
Received at CIC : November 5th 2014
AOR received : January 7th 2015
Test : march 15 2015
Oath July 22 2015
Ecas updated to decision made - 4th july 2015

Hoping that all november applicants recieve their pinky soon.

cecapplied
Still waiting for the test invite :'(

shaig

Feb 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here knew what happens to those who don't have to take the test (over 54) on test invitation day? As I've read there's like a mini interview that day, would that be it? Anyone know firsthand??