+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Congratulations!

what documents have they checked at the Oath apart from the landing paper and your permanent resident card?
They checked only the PR card, which one they didn't give back, and the invitation letter for the oath. They didn't checked the landing paper, only the PR card.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

I received my Oath Notice today, July 4.

The letter is dated July 2, and my ceremony will be held on July 17 at CIC Halifax.

bobisnoob

May 1, 2014
Finally, I received the oath letter on 4th of July. The ceremony will be on 17th of July.

I've enjoyed this forum so much and it was very helpful.

Good luck for the candidates who are eager to reach this moment.

Best wishes,

bobisnoob 8)

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Today was a very memorable moment where we took the oath of citizenship. The atmosphere was great ;D :D

I am very grateful to how Generous Canada is for allowing us here and granting us the citizenship privilege. Many other countries are not as generous as Canada is.

Thank you for all for the support and advice that you have all provided me with. Best luck to everyone.

Mrbravo

RomeoQ8

Dec 31, 2013
Anybody knows what happens if someone passes the citizenship exam and he was not informed about the Ceremony date during the interview , the interviewer only said " We will contact you in 4 to 8 weeks"

I heard from friends that the Oath date is determined by the interviewer right after the interview , Is that true ?

Any information or experience on this ?

Thanks in Advance

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RomeoQ8 said:
Anybody knows what happens if someone passes the citizenship exam and he was not informed about the Ceremony date during the interview , the interviewer only said " We will contact you in 4 to 8 weeks"

I heard from friends that the Oath date is determined by the interviewer right after the interview , Is that true ?

Thanks in Advance
Some officers will inform you of your test performance right away. That's what happened to me.
You can always give CIC a call in a couple of weeks to check whether you passed or not(they won't give your actual scores over the phone).

After you do your test(and pass), your file is transferred to a judge who will make the final decision on your case. No oath notice is given before the file goes through the judge.. That may happen within days or months after the test/interview. So the statement that the oath date is determined by the immigration officer right after the interview is actually false.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RomeoQ8 said:
Hello Folks,

Today I have completed my citizenship test at Hamilton 55 Bay St. It was easy and I've passed. After the exam , I was called for an interview in the same place. I was interviewed by a nice lady and she asked me basic questions and verified my identity and passport stamps page by page. After our short conversation , she said everything is good and I will submit the file to the judge and you will hear back from us from 4 to 8 weeks. I reconfirmed with her , do I need to meet the judge ? she replied No , we will contact you in 4 to 8 weeks.

Now I am not sure of what is next ? Why she mentioned the Judge if all of my papers are OK ? I am really confused , I was expecting her saying the Ceremony date . I did not have any RQ form or anything missing was mentioned to me !

Any information or advice would be highly appreciated .

Good luck to everybody

Thanks
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
romeo the lady who came front desk to interview you was she your citizenship officer from start to end? someone in the forum was asking during the citizenship process does one's file moves around from desk to desk to different officers. just curious to know if you can help answer this question. also what was your history did you move from middle east and you had lot of arabic stamps to panic her. but i heard nowadays they hired arabic guys in cic even mississauga judge might be arabic origin he can read stamps why they still ask for stamp translations

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RomeoQ8 said:

Thanks in Advance
The last word is for the judge. It doesn't mean you will go for a hearing but it's only a paper review after which he usually gives his approval. It's wrong to say that Oath date is determined by the interviewer that's why usually they give a time range. 4 to 8 weeks or 2 to 4 months....

RomeoQ8

Dec 31, 2013
boasorte said:
Some officers will inform you of your test performance right away. That's what happened to me.
You can always give CIC a call in a couple of weeks to check whether you passed or not(they won't give your actual scores over the phone).

After you do your test(and pass), your file is transferred to a judge who will make the final decision on your case. No oath notice is given before the file goes through the judge.. That may happen within days or months after the test/interview. So the statement that the oath date is determined by the immigration officer right after the interview is actually false.
Many thanks boasorte , that makes sense but I really met couple of guys from Mississauga who have just told me the same " They were given the Oath date right after the interview" , anyway it might be different from office to office and thanks again :)

RomeoQ8

Dec 31, 2013
peoples_champ said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thanks peoples_champ , wish you the same. I am still waiting for the test date for my wife as she applied few days after my application.

Cheers !

RomeoQ8

Dec 31, 2013
blueshirt said:
romeo the lady who came front desk to interview you was she your citizenship officer from start to end? someone in the forum was asking during the citizenship process does one's file moves around from desk to desk to different officers. just curious to know if you can help answer this question. also what was your history did you move from middle east and you had lot of arabic stamps to panic her. but i heard nowadays they hired arabic guys in cic even mississauga judge might be arabic origin he can read stamps why they still ask for stamp translations
Hi blueshirt , right after the test is finished , we were all gathered again in the same lobby and there were two rooms for the interview where a person is called and go inside for his interview. My turn was quick and I was requested to show the passport stamps along with the translation. Yes I had lots of stamps and she was panic but soon she got to know that major of them were before my landing in 2008. No Arab guys were there and I don't think it is required since the official translations are in place.

RomeoQ8

Dec 31, 2013
Goldline said:
The last word is for the judge. It doesn't mean you will go for a hearing but it's only a paper review after which he usually gives his approval. It's wrong to say that Oath date is determined by the interviewer that's why usually they give a time range. 4 to 8 weeks or 2 to 4 months....
Thanks Goldline for the information.