November 2012 Applications

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
snuffles said:
Hi sashali78,

I also just got my GCMS notes today. I have exactly the same notes for eligibility assessment as you.

I was wondering what your status for individual assessment shows? For me, eligibility shows "In Progress" (which appears to be completed given my status is "recommend passed"), my criminality also shows "In Progress" (under detailed activity it shows RCMP screening returned "No Reportable Trace". However security shows "Not Started". I haven't gotten MR yet.

For other members, I wonder:

1) If anyone is getting "completed" in their status as opposed to just "In Progress"? My eligibility assessment is clearly done but still shows "In Progress".
2) Has anyone seen criminality related activity log other than RCMP screening? I was wondering if my criminality assessment is complete (it still shows "In Progress")
Exactly the same notes I received this morning. My application was received on Dec 31st 2012.
Eligibility at over all was "In process", where as individual items said, Recommend Passed. Security not started. Criminality as No Reportable Trace. These were the updates as of Aug 26th.

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
cec4111 said:
Exactly the same notes I received this morning. My application was received on Dec 31st 2012.
Eligibility at over all was "In process", where as individual items said, Recommend Passed. Security not started. Criminality as No Reportable Trace. These were the updates as of Aug 26th.
Can you check your notes under "Activity" section (mine was on page 18/26)?

My latest one was the Eligibility updated to "Recommend Passed" on July 17th. All previous ones were back in January (the exact day I received my AOR), with a few related to RCMP screening. Apparently CIC received RCMP results with "No Reportable Trace" the same day CIC requested the info. I'm just just curious about whether this means my criminality check is actually completed, given my criminal check from my original country was submitted with my application. Anyone else has other criminality related activities besides the RCMP screening?

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
snuffles said:
Can you check your notes under "Activity" section (mine was on page 18/26)?

My latest one was the Eligibility updated to "Recommend Passed" on July 17th. All previous ones were back in January (the exact day I received my AOR), with a few related to RCMP screening. Apparently CIC received RCMP results with "No Reportable Trace" the same day CIC requested the info. I'm just just curious about whether this means my criminality check is actually completed, given my criminal check from my original country was submitted with my application. Anyone else has other criminality related activities besides the RCMP screening?
Not sure about criminality, but my eligibility section was 8/33 page with Recommended passed as of Aug 26th. My RCMP results mentioned No reportable trace as of Feb 14, 2013. I received my AOR on Feb 13th. Security not started yet.

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
cec4111 said:
Not sure about criminality, but my eligibility section was 8/33 page with Recommended passed as of Aug 26th. My RCMP results mentioned No reportable trace as of Feb 14, 2013. I received my AOR on Feb 13th. Security not started yet.
It looks like we are in the same boat. I think you are referring to the Eligibility section and Admissibilities section earlier in the document. Can you go to later section of your notes (mine starts at 18/26) where there is a log of activities which would give you further insight. For example:

ACTIVITY:1
UCI: XXXXXXX
NAME: XXX
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Eligibility CEC
Update Date:2013/07/17
Updated By: XXX
Office: CPP Ottawa

Do you see any criminality related activities besides the RCMP screening ones? (I have 3 RCMP screening activities: "Submitted", "Batch sent" and "No reportable trace") I'm interested in this because others have mentioned criminality assessment is the most time consuming one throughout the entire PR application process, and I was wondering if there are supposed to be other activities related to criminality.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snuffles said:
Hi sashali78,

I also just got my GCMS notes today. I have exactly the same notes for eligibility assessment as you.

I was wondering what your status for individual assessment shows? For me, eligibility shows "In Progress" (which appears to be completed given my status is "recommend passed"), my criminality also shows "In Progress" (under detailed activity it shows RCMP screening returned "No Reportable Trace". However security shows "Not Started". I haven't gotten MR yet.

For other members, I wonder:

1) If anyone is getting "completed" in their status as opposed to just "In Progress"? My eligibility assessment is clearly done but still shows "In Progress".
2) Has anyone seen criminality related activity log other than RCMP screening? I was wondering if my criminality assessment is complete (it still shows "In Progress")
Yep. All are the same. - in progress/no reportable trace/not started. I really wonder what are they waiting for then...

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sashali78 said:
Yep. All are the same. - in progress/no reportable trace/not started. I really wonder what are they waiting for then...
Maybe they are just lazy ..

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
gladaki said:
Maybe they are just lazy ..
This is going to sound bad but I think we have all painted a picture in our minds that these VO's are highly organised and quite a sophisticated bunch.

This isn't the case friends, its quite evident from all the BS we see on here every day!. There no different to any of us, so yeah sure they forget status changes. In fact I really don't think they give a sh-t.

Look at the amount of statuses that change from 'App received' then straight to MR

Don't expect too much guys

Sep 24, 2013
Hi guys, I just got my GCMS notes today. My applications was received on Nov 21, 2012. it shows:
Eligibility: in progress
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: not started

I have some questions, please help, senior people.
In work experience, it shows: 0. is this normal?
In activity, it shows 3 status about RCMP Screening: Fingerprints Required, Bath Sent, Submitted.
I never get any request from CIC about to do the Fingerprint. Shoud I wait or better to do it now?

Thank you for the response.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary Cowboy said:
Hi guys, I just got my GCMS notes today. My applications was received on Nov 21, 2012. it shows:
Eligibility: in progress
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: not started

I have some questions, please help, senior people.
In work experience, it shows: 0. is this normal?
In activity, it shows 3 status about RCMP Screening: Fingerprints Required, Bath Sent, Submitted.
I never get any request from CIC about to do the Fingerprint. Shoud I wait or better to do it now?

Thank you for the response.
What do the officer notes say? What's the status? Recommended pass/review required/etc? You can find it in the end of the notes and it's the most important part.

Sep 24, 2013
sashali78 said:
What do the officer notes say? What's the status? Recommended pass/review required/etc? You can find it in the end of the notes and it's the most important part.
Hi sashali, Thank for your response. It said awaiting officer review. well, i guess i have to wait for their decision.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary Cowboy said:
Hi sashali, Thank for your response. It said awaiting officer review. well, i guess i have to wait for their decision.
Does it state any concerns? It is weird if it just says one liner awaiting officer review...Anyhow, all the best with your application.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Calgary Cowboy said:
interesting ? my file says review required becoz i calculated exp from PGWP instead of convocation. I know quite
few people who got rejected becoz of this.....i hope they will consider my updated letters of reference and
take in to account 10 day difference

Sep 24, 2013
sashali78 said:
Does it state any concerns? It is weird if it just says one liner awaiting officer review...Anyhow, all the best with your application.
Hi sashali, here is my detail notes, please advise. Thanks. I was so scared since you said it's weird.

Results in GCMS medical history civil status: never married, no spouse/clp or children declared Work experience: Assessed under student stream, CEC qualifying period is : 29APR2011 TO 21NOV2012. 30MAY2011 TO lock in, NOC 2241 DECLARED, F/T Electrical Designer for xxxx. Letter, dated 25OCT2012, Confirms dates of employment, position title and salary. Supplemental letter, dated 08NOV2012, Provides a list of duties which appears to correspond to NOC. Supporing docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Language: IELTS submitted, meet benchmarks for work experience at this skill level. Education: Canadian credential granted, Electrical Engineering Technology, 29APR2011. Transcripts appear sufficient to demonstrate at least 2 years FTE studies in Canada. Criminality: PA RCMP Screening-Fingerprints requried DOC received for PA: Police clearance from China NO additional doc required at this time-awaiting officer review before requesting RCMP Fingerprint check for PA.

Sep 24, 2013
gladaki said:
interesting ? my file says review required becoz i calculated exp from PGWP instead of convocation. I know quite
few people who got rejected becoz of this.....i hope they will consider my updated letters of reference and
take in to account 10 day difference
thanks for reply, buddy. you scared me deeply. lol. I am wondering how do you update your letter to CIC? did you email to them? Could you tell me the address? I just want to ask them if I need to submit anything.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Calgary Cowboy said:
Hi sashali, here is my detail notes, please advise. Thanks. I was so scared since you said it's weird.

Results in GCMS medical history civil status: never married, no spouse/clp or children declared Work experience: Assessed under student stream, CEC qualifying period is : 29APR2011 TO 21NOV2012. 30MAY2011 TO lock in, NOC 2241 DECLARED, F/T Electrical Designer for xxxx. Letter, dated 25OCT2012, Confirms dates of employment, position title and salary. Supplemental letter, dated 08NOV2012, Provides a list of duties which appears to correspond to NOC. Supporing docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Language: IELTS submitted, meet benchmarks for work experience at this skill level. Education: Canadian credential granted, Electric wal Engineering Technology, 29APR2011. Transcripts appear sufficient to demonstrate at least 2 years FTE studies in Canada. Criminality: PA RCMP Screening-Fingerprints requried DOC received for PA: Police clearance from China NO additional doc required at this time-awaiting officer review before requesting RCMP Fingerprint check for PA.
ur GCMS says ur good and u dont need to worry....just wait...My GCMS says that work exp is insufficient...so you dont need to worry
Good luck