Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
YAY Ecas says we're IN PROCESS finally! :)

abde

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
AOR Received.
and approval 28-11-2012
Interview........
hope not
congrats to yall who received pprs and copr so far! it was great reading all the good news.

i have been rly busy with school and many things have been going on since my last post here.
I propose to my girfriend 2 weeks ago before that my parents came from Africa(mali) to visit for 2 weeks and we had a good time..However i am still waiting for some change on my Ecas but helas can just wait since the processing time in Senegal is 23 months which rly freak me out.

I was thinking sending some more proof such as picture of the engagement party and pics while my parents were here. what do you guys thinks?

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Hey Abde

I think anything that shows that your family and your spouse's family (and even friends) have knowledge of the relationship and acknowledged you both as a couple is valuable information as evidence of the relationship before CIC.
I've read here in the forum that sending documents after you've already applied may delay the process in a couple months or so.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
katelynlc said:
YAY Ecas says we're IN PROCESS finally! :)
YAY!! Great way to start a week! Congrats!!! :D

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
Woo-hoo! Just got PPR by email from CPP-Ottawa! ECAS still says, "Application Received."
Can someone update my status on the spreadsheet, please?
FYI I'm an American, submitted on Nov 19, so they're working on us!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
OMG GUYS. Today... I opened my e-mail.... and look what was there to greet me:

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay.

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passports.

Now for the infamous question..... Naturally, this happened 2 weeks before I'm going to Canada to visit my husband for 2 weeks. So I can't send in my passport obviously before I go away and hope that it gets back to me before it's time to go. And it's also cutting it really close sending it the moment i get back since it would have to go all the way out to Los Angeles. But then it says that if i hold a passport froma visa exempt country (the United States is visa exempt according to the website given) that I don't have to send it in... So what the hell am I supposed to do? Send it or not? Any other US citizens who have gotten passport requests that can tell me what they did and what exactly they sent in? And where you got your pictures done if they were required? I'm so excited I just don't even know what to do right now lol

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
bscinto92,

CONGRATS!!! That's one of the best issue you can have to deal with! Very happy for you. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

cheers

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
thank you! im happy that now i can add another step to my timeline on here lol : ) passport request on may 6, 2013! i'm so excited to find out what happens next. please tell me your stories people! lol <3<3<3

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
bscinto92 said:

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay.

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passports.

Now for the infamous question..... Naturally, this happened 2 weeks before I'm going to Canada to visit my husband for 2 weeks. So I can't send in my passport obviously before I go away and hope that it gets back to me before it's time to go. And it's also cutting it really close sending it the moment i get back since it would have to go all the way out to Los Angeles. But then it says that if i hold a passport froma visa exempt country (the United States is visa exempt according to the website given) that I don't have to send it in... So what the hell am I supposed to do? Send it or not? Any other US citizens who have gotten passport requests that can tell me what they did and what exactly they sent in? And where you got your pictures done if they were required? I'm so excited I just don't even know what to do right now lol
OMG, girl!!!! You got it!!!!
I'm soooooo freaking happy for you!!!
Congratulations and welcome to Canada!!!
Btw, from what I understood from other people from US, you don't need to send your passport, just a copy.

YAY!!!!!

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Hi all!
Wow...a lot of good news here, congratulations to all who got their DM!!
I've also received my COPR, though it's at my parents' place since I'm visiting my husband here in Canada and CIC made the decision on the same day I arrived here, and I changed the mailing address a day later so it was too late and the COPR had already been mailed.

I hope the rest of our group gets their DMs soon :)

Mevakesh

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
Really good to see everyone's app moving along :) Good luck to the rest!

coljhag

Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013 (Fee for Backgrnd verification)
AOR Received.
13-03-2013 (BOG)
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013
Hi everyone,

I need your advice. My wife got an email from the VO today requesting for a repeat of my daughter's chest x-ray. She is only 4. My wife just told me the MD never took the x-ray as she id just a child. Now the VO is asking for it. However, both my wife and daughter's Meds expire on June 9th. What I don't know, is if they both should have the meds re-done or just my daughter's..? In the email my wife received there's a IMM1017 form filled out already with my daughter's info.

Any advice? Really need some here :(

Thanks!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Congrats your timing is always on point all the best

bscinto92 said:

Dear Applicant,

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
coljhag said:
Hi everyone,

I need your advice. My wife got an email from the VO today requesting for a repeat of my daughter's chest x-ray. She is only 4. My wife just told me the MD never took the x-ray as she id just a child. Now the VO is asking for it. However, both my wife and daughter's Meds expire on June 9th. What I don't know, is if they both should have the meds re-done or just my daughter's..? In the email my wife received there's a IMM1017 form filled out already with my daughter's info.

Any advice? Really need some here :(

Thanks!
Hi there, I don't have the advice you are probably looking for, however I would send a case specific email to your VO and ask about your wife's meds. If the only hold up is the xray for your daughter, they will extend the dates of your wifes medicals. I think its worth asking, and then making a decision. But the choice is ultimately yours. I have not heard much about how your VO operates, so I do not know how long they take to reply.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
m_and_m said:
Hi all!
Wow...a lot of good news here, congratulations to all who got their DM!!
I've also received my COPR, though it's at my parents' place since I'm visiting my husband here in Canada and CIC made the decision on the same day I arrived here, and I changed the mailing address a day later so it was too late and the COPR had already been mailed.

I hope the rest of our group gets their DMs soon :)
Uhuuuuuuuu!!! One more!!
Congrats!!
Well, one more reason to go say "hello" and, give and receive some more love from your parents!
Welcome to Canada!! :D