+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia under Community Identified Stream

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Senoritabella, can you please help if you can. I am aware this is NSPNP forum but i have someone asking question regarding FSW pre Feb 2008 question. He checked his Client Application status, he saw "In Process", when he clicked on the In Process - he saw this message - We started processing your application in Dec 16th 2007". He sumitted August 2007 under the simplified process scheme. Any idea whether this mean his file is part of those work have started on or what? Please can anyone help to answer.

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
Hey there everyone! I hope you're enjoying your last month of the year.
I came to Canada in 2009 as a student and have been here ever since. I wanted to know how long is the processing time for Community Identified Stream? I have several conflicting figures for how long it takes (from 5 months to 11 months), but I appreciate an informed person's help too.
Thanks a zillions :)
R.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't know how long it takes, check the NSNP website for more information. To be eligible under the "community identified" stream, you must not qualify under any other stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee program. Being a student means you have other options available to you e.g. the "international graduate" stream and the "skilled worker" stream, so you will not be eligible under this stream.

cscat said:
Hey there everyone! I hope you're enjoying your last month of the year.
I came to Canada in 2009 as a student and have been here ever since. I wanted to know how long is the processing time for Community Identified Stream? I have several conflicting figures for how long it takes (from 5 months to 11 months), but I appreciate an informed person's help too.
Thanks a zillions :)
R.

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
Hi SenoritaBella and thanks for the reply.

As the rules mention, to be eligible for international graduate stream, student has to graduate from university and as I have not graduated, I am not eligible for international graduate stream. Community identified stream is for everyone... but the implication of what you say is that, CIS is exclusively for non-students which doesn't seem to be reasonable. I am not eligible for the Skilled Worker Stream either (in fact, if I were I'd have applied through that stream).

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The information is on the website - See the criteria in red... An international student is NOT eligible to apply under the "community identified" stream because WHEN they graduate, they are eligible under the "international graduate" stream.

www.novascotiaimmigration.ca/sites/default/files/NSNP_CI_ApplicationGuide.pdf

When Not to Apply

To apply under the Community Identified stream, the applicant cannot be eligible for any other NSNP streams.
The Office of Immigration will not consider as principal applicants under this stream:
• Parents, spouses, common-law or conjugal partners of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. These individuals are encouraged to apply under the federal Family Class which exists for this purpose.
• Individuals who are living in Canada and are a refugee claimant, failed refugee claimant or an applicant under humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
• Individuals who are in Canada illegally, are under a removal order in Canada, or are prohibited from entering or being in Canada due to their inadmissibility.
International students enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary education program.
• If the principal applicants' spouses or common law partners or conjugal partners are international students in a Canadian post-secondary institution and are not in their last year of studies.
• Individuals with unresolved custody or child support disputes affecting any dependent.
• Seasonal, part-time or casual workers.
• Sales positions that are based solely on commission for compensation.
• Helpers and labourers in construction, agriculture and primary resources sectors.
• Child minding or elder care services or live in caregiver services for the employer - in this case they should apply under the federal Live-In Caregiver class.
• Jobs that are not based in Nova Scotia.
• Passive Investors – individuals who intend to invest in a Nova Scotia business with very limited or no involvement in the day-to-day management of the business.
NSNP
cscat said:
Hi SenoritaBella and thanks for the reply.

As the rules mention, to be eligible for international graduate stream, student has to graduate from university and as I have not graduated, I am not eligible for international graduate stream. Community identified stream is for everyone... but the implication of what you say is that, CIS is exclusively for non-students which doesn't seem to be reasonable. I am not eligible for the Skilled Worker Stream either (in fact, if I were I'd have applied through that stream).

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

like to ask what type of job can an international student do to be eligible for the NS program and how long does it take. thanks

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Hello everyone,
I am planning of settling in Halifax, NS, however I have a sister in Ontario. Will this create a problem since I have a relative in Ontario?
Thanks a lot!

Hi ronaldoyaronaldo,
Are you also a Filipino?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamkaori said:
Are you also a Filipino?
I am. And I am here in Halifax, NS. PM me if you need information.

/all the best kabayan....

tseve

Feb 5, 2013
Hi all
I don't have any friends, relative in Canada I would like to apply Community Identified Stream program but how can I identified by province?

if any advice please share with me

Thank you in advance

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There may has been significant changes now to the NSNP Community Identified Stream - as of March 2013, there is no more list of mandated Organizations that can provide you a Letter of Identification in support of your application. The latest application guide does not have a new Appendix 3 listing these organizations that can provide the LoI.

I also checked the website of the Greater Halifax partnership program (http://www.greaterhalifax.com/en/home/livinginhalifax/immigrating.aspx) as they were one of the mandated organizations and found this note:

Please note, the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration is currently examining how if delivers the Community Identified Stream. As of March 31, 2013 the Greater Halifax Partnership is no longer screening applicants or providing letters of support for this stream

At this point it would be best to wait until more details are known from NSNP about the new implementation guidelines for the Community Identified Stream of NSNP.

/all the best..

tseve

Feb 5, 2013
Dear all

Any idea about how can I make a strong connection to Nova Scotia community to get qualify this stream from outside Canada

Thanks in advance

Regards,

cuctran

Jul 9, 2013
Hello SenoritaBella,

i am new comer to this forum and would like to ask for your advice regarding immigration to Canada through NS Community Identified Stream.

As a crucial requirement for this stream, i must demonstrate that i have strong connection to a community in NS or obtain Letter of Identification from an agency mandated by the Office of Immigration but the list of such agencies were withdrawn. So I have no idea of how to establish connection to a community.

For my personal case, i am working as English to Vietnamese translator, my husband is construction engineer. Can you provide me some advice?

Thank you indeed in advance.

Cheers

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Anything you need to know about this stream can be found here: http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/community-identified

cuctran

Jul 9, 2013
Again there is a list of authorized and mandated organizations providing Letters of Identification under the Community Identified stream of the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration. See their new launched web version. New hope for you all.