Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
SDKD said:
I thought 07/05/2017 is in the format mm/dd/yy, so July we have to complete the application and send.
Confused ???

SDKD
Yes that's right , it would be MM/DD/YYYY format. Got it. Makes sense

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
GSHARMA05 said:
Got ITA.. finally.. now clock is ticking more faster ..

Congrats to SDKD, Cian, and all who got ITA.

Br,
G
Congrats Sharma!!

Started preparing??

SDKD

Prairie2016

Dec 20, 2016
Dear all

Gladly to inform that me too got invitation!!! Cheers.

But I am confused what to do now? In my CIC account, i have to complete a longer questionaire...I am not sure what to do next after completing the questionaire? I do not have PCC yet or a employment ref letter for my spouse yet..., should I complete the questionaire first or obtain all documents first? or when we should do medical exam?

Thank you for your help

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
cian said:
Yes that's right , it would be MM/DD/YYYY format. Got it. Makes sense
Folks,

That's right it's MM/DD/YYYY format. Usually in UK they uniformly follow DD/MM/YYYY format. US uniformly follows MM/DD/YYYY. Canada, for the most part use UK format. But they sometimes use both the formats interchangeably. I have seen this happen in many of their correspondences.

Something we need to get used to., as we're all planning to settle in Canada!

All the best! All of you who got ITAs.

Best,

Luder

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Prairie2016 said:
Dear all

Gladly to inform that me too got invitation!!! Cheers.

But I am confused what to do now? In my CIC account, i have to complete a longer questionaire...I am not sure what to do next after completing the questionaire? I do not have PCC yet or a employment ref letter for my spouse yet..., should I complete the questionaire first or obtain all documents first? or when we should do medical exam?

Thank you for your help
Hi Prairie,

No need for confusion! You can fill the questionnaire. After filling the questionnaire, you can edit or modify information anytime. Till you pay the fees, whatever you do with your CIC profile is temporary and modifiable, meaning, it'll not be electronically transmitted to CIC. This applies also to the uploads. What I mean by that is, if by mistake you uploaded PCC document in the Medical section, you can replace the right documents at their respective folders. It's only after you pay the fees the documents are electronically transmitted along with the information you gave thru those questionnaires. So, before you come to the last step - fees payment, you can take your time filling information, uploading documents as and when you get time and as and when the documents become available.

Hope the information helps.

All the best!

Luder

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Luder said:
Hi Prairie,

No need for confusion! You can fill the questionnaire. After filling the questionnaire, you can edit or modify information anytime. Till you pay the fees, whatever you do with your CIC profile is temporary and modifiable, meaning, it'll not be electronically transmitted to CIC. This applies also to the uploads. What I mean by that is, if by mistake you uploaded PCC document in the Medical section, you can replace the right documents at their respective folders. It's only after you pay the fees the documents are electronically transmitted along with the information you gave thru those questionnaires. So, before you come to the last step - fees payment, you can take your time filling information, uploading documents as and when you get time and as and when the documents become available.

All the best!

Luder
Hi Sharmaji, Congrats for the ITA...

Hi Luder thanks for the info... I have read somewhere that the medical can be taken upfront and also in some other place that they will tell you to take medical test from their side.
Which one is correct?

Thanks in advance.

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Thanks Luder for the info.

May I know the fees details. Exactly how much needed.

SDKD

Prairie2016

Dec 20, 2016
Luder said:
Hi Prairie,

All the best!

Luder
Thank you a lot, Luder. I appreciate your advice.

I also have one more question, please. I was in Canada more than 6 months some years ago, do I have to obtain PCC from Canada? I remember I read somewhere that there is no need in such case but I was not sure. :'(
Thank you

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Medical:

I did upfront medical. There's another method - waiting for CIC's instruction to go for medicals. For some CIC streams, example family class applicants can use that method only. However, for Provincial nomination program (PNP) thru Express Entry (EE), upfront is the preferred method. I don't know how to use the other method. Please do your own research if you want to try it. A phone call to panel clinic can clarify this.

In upfront medical test, the panel doctor will do a complete medical examination and upload the results to eMedical portal. EMedical is an electronic library that stores and updates all our medical results for immigration purposes. Not only Canada Immigration but Australia and New Zealand immigration departments use the same system. So, when you book your appointments and when you go there for medical you need to specify to the receptionist which country you are applying for and also say you are doing 'upfront medical'.

You'll need to take your Passport (PP) as the ID proof. Other documents can be used but it's better to use PP as proof document wherever applicable. If your family is with you, go for medical at the same date and to the same panel clinic to avoid confusion in future. I have no information on how to do medical if you're in one country (probably working abroad) while your family members are living in your home country, for example. Please do your own research if this applies to you. Again, calling the panel clinic can clarify this.

Apart from the PP, the panel clinic staff will ask you for a letter from CIC. You may show the ITA or nomination letter. In medicals, the results interpretation varies depending on visa class you are applying. They will need you ITA letter only to find your visa class. They'll not take your EE profile number and send the results to CIC. The system doesn't work like that. So, make sure you mention clearly to the staff or the doctor there that you are applying to Canada as economic class visa thru PNP. If you want to be specific say 'non-EDE worker class'. Non-EDE stands for Non-excessive demand exempt. Usually all economic worker class applicants come under Non-EDE.

Panel clinics' job is to do the medicals according to the protocol and save the results for any immigration department in future to pull your medical details, here it's CIC. When you undergo the medical, a new health file will be opened to store your health history in the eMedical system. The file number is called UMI. Each family member will get their own UMI. UMI - Unified Medical Identifier. Panel doctors can discuss the case history with the CIC medical officer if for instance CIC needs further tests after the initial test but final decision is only from CIC.

After you finish Medical, they'll give tracking sheets; one each for all the family members. You'll scan and sent those sheets to CIC. Make sure 'worker Non-EDE' is mentioned in the tracking sheets. Panel clinics may be eMedical enabled or Paper based. If paper-based they'll give you the page 2 of the IME form which is the equivalent of tracking sheets given in eMedical enabled clinics. Tracking sheet or one page of IME, you'll scan and send what they give you in the clinic to CIC. As simple as that! CIC then uses your UMIs to pick your files and scrutinize your results and decide your medical fitness.

Don't forget to take your passport size photographs to the clinic. They'll take pictures to attach in eMedical system but if any technical issues or if they are paper based, the photo you give them will save time.

Some of you may feel these are unnecessary details and a waste of time! But spending some time now to know these things may prevent unnecessary delays and frustrations later!

All the best to all of you!

Cheers,

Luder

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Prairie2016 said:
Thank you a lot, Luder. I appreciate your advice.

I also have one more question, please. I was in Canada more than 6 months some years ago, do I have to obtain PCC from Canada? I remember I read somewhere that there is no need in such case but I was not sure. :'(
Thank you
Sorry, I'm not sure. From what I know you have to give PCC for all countries you've lived in the past and present for more than 6 months since you are 18 years old. Having said that, I don't know if it applies to Canada too. Your question is very important and the answer may be useful to many. Yes, if you've been issued ITA, the next idea comes to mind is that they should've done some initial vetting on your file which should include a basic criminal records check.

Please ask experts and/or other members and if you feel like share the answer too.

Regards,

Luder

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
cian said:
Hi Sharmaji, Congrats for the ITA...

Hi Luder thanks for the info... I have read somewhere that the medical can be taken upfront and also in some other place that they will tell you to take medical test from their side.
Which one is correct?

Thanks in advance.
Yes Cian,

This doubt literally made me wander shirtless for a whole day - of course within four walls only!! But then I choose to use upfront. It went very well. So, my advice is to use the same. From my research, I found that anybody regardless of their visa class, can take upfront. But since medical is valid only for 1 year, some visa classes like family class takes 18 months or more since the application, such candidates are advised by CIC to get instruction from them and then carry out their medicals. This is what I know. Please get inputs from other members and then decide.

Regards,

Luder

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
SDKD said:
Thanks Luder for the info.

May I know the fees details. Exactly how much needed.

SDKD
Hi SDKD,

Are you talking about medical fees?

First, we'll finish the CIC fees.

Visa processing fees:

550 CAD per adult for visa processing

150 CAD per minor kid (19 years and below) for visa processing

Right for permanent resident fees (RPRF):

490 CAD per adult

Not applicable to dependent children

Medical fees:

Each clinic has their own fees. I did a thorough analysis of which on is the cheapest in my area. Some were cheaper than the other but travel time, inconveniences and the fuel charge factored inside, most of them are more or less the same.

It may differ country-wise also, I think.

We were two adults with two kids. Each adults fees was 850 AED and 400 AED per kid. Total 2500 AED.

Around 44000 INR.

Yeah, very expensive in my opinion. They're making home runs! CIC doesn't want to control all that and no regulated ranges or anything.

The tests they do are very basic! Some basic blood and urine tests and one chest x-ray for adults. No chest x-ray or blood test for kids. Maybe needed depending on history and findings. Please call and ask the clinics.

All the best!

Luder

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
SDKD said:
Hai Zakir,

Got ITA?? Sure u will...
Did you receive any notification in ur mail?? If so then you too...

SDKD
Hi SDKD,

I Received ITA . Seems like we all are lucky for each other . Everyone is getting same things AOR,ADR and ITA at same dates .
Will try to submit Documents in 30-45 days hopefully . Need to start PCC then medical in the last . Apart from that all documents are available .

Congrats once again to each and everyone .

Keep praying for everyone ...