+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
vinay canada said:
Hi Friends,
I hv received refusal from NSOI stating that thy think my intention are not positive m planning to settle in Ontario or Saskatchewan.
I am not able to understand how thy can presume this thing as I HV not given any fact that m planning to settle in other province.
Seniors plz help can I send a mail or ask them to reconsider my case as I am Wheeling to settle in Novascotia wht further step I should take.plz revert

Regards
Hi Vinay,

I did reply your PM please respond quick as you are already running out of time and I do not get much time in weekdays so try to reply me before Monday, I might suggest something once I will assess what you have submitted and what they analyse.
I understand its hard after waiting so long something happened like that but Dont lose hope, Normally NSOI never do such mistakes but we never know mistakes happen and if they did mistake, they are very nice to accept and reopen your file.

Best regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Luder said:
Hi Zakir,

I live in the Middle East. But most documents/card in UAE are printed bilingually. But once I had to give a letter from my home country to UAE authorities that was written in my mother tongue. I simply translated using a legal translator and it was accepted and approved.

This information doesn't serve the purpose here, but it gives an idea I guess.

Since, the response from CO says they want the translation from KSA Govt, it is better to first ask them if they can issue translated or bilingual cards. If that provision is not available and you made it certain, then a translation from a legal translator would be sufficient in my opinion. Of course explain the CO that you've tried to get translated cards from KSA first before getting it translated legally. You can explain it in your reply mail when you send the attachments.

It's also a best idea to ask some legal translators about this before going to Chamber of commerce or MOFA. The reasons are obvious: the translators may be located very close to your house and they are easily accessible (you don't have to take appointments, for example if you go to MOFA etc). And, they may know about cases like this and guide you. Sometimes we'll surprised to see the process is very simple but we might've complicated and delayed it by going straight to Govt offices like MOFA and the like!!

All the best!

Luder
Agreed!!!
Good info Luder Appreciated...
I personally appreciate that after getting nomination n PPR you are still giving your time to help.
Great job... +1 for u.

-D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
adigautam said:
D,

I have a post-landing question for you. I know it is too early to ask and may be others might already have asked you this, but still allow me. How is the job market in Halifax/Nova Scotia. If you don't mind telling us, have you been able to secure a job by now?
Sorry for late response.
Job Market is every where same almost around the globe.
Some profession in Halifax like Software and Accounting is quite good to get part time or full time to gain Canadian Experience.
Nursing is best profession in Canada to get job just need to be RN. Thats what I know rest depend upon your luck same like here. some people have smooth process n fast to get nomination n PR and some face problems in each n every step.
Life is not same for everyone. I know many people who get job just in one week after landing and some still struggling, so who get job quick for them its easy everything and their views towards life is different cause they do not know they never face anything.

regards
D

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
drajpoot said:
Sorry for late response.
Job Market is every where same almost around the globe.
Some profession in Halifax like Software and Accounting is quite good to get part time or full time to gain Canadian Experience.
Nursing is best profession in Canada to get job just need to be RN. Thats what I know rest depend upon your luck same like here. some people have smooth process n fast to get nomination n PR and some face problems in each n every step.
Life is not same for everyone. I know many people who get job just in one week after landing and some still struggling, so who get job quick for them its easy everything and their views towards life is different cause they do not know they never face anything.

regards
D
Thanks D!

roshnee

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Please can anybody tell what is Atlantic program ?is it related to Novasoctia ? I read sonewhere that Atlantic progarm is open??? Please help I want form my bro he is waiting for Nova soctia reopen but now we r so disappionted as NS in not opening.

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
Luder said:
Hi Qamhus,

Yes man! I got the PR entry visa and CoPR. I'm working on finding a temporary job, house for rent, airline tickets etc.

Lately, we are seeing some of the members in this thread are facing difficulties in getting smooth nominations, I decided that I'll share about my PR when most (if not all!) members' applications are moving fine.

Anyways, it's my duty to share it here.

Thanks to all the members in this thread and the entire forum. It wouldn't have been possible without your help and support.

Well, I've got lots n lots of doubts with the next phase of the process, that is, landing, moving and initial settlement. Although I find masses of information on other threads, I feel I am sentimentally attached to this thread and still seek advice and support right from here. So, please do help.

Again, thanks to all of you!

I wish everyone good luck!

Cheers,

Luder
This is a very good news, hope to see you in halifax very soon.
Can n u tell me how much time they took to return your passports after ppr ?

Bane

Mar 7, 2017
Serbia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sapsan said:
in EE profile you show interest in all provinces, that does not jeopardize your intentions in any particular province. Once you got nominated from NS, and receive ITA, you will be asked to verify all submitted info and file in profile for permanent residence. And in that stage for question "where do u want to settle?" you bravely choose NS.
Thank you Sapsan for the detailed explanation.

Bane

Bane

Mar 7, 2017
Serbia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roshnee said:
Please can anybody tell what is Atlantic program ?is it related to Novasoctia ? I read sonewhere that Atlantic progarm is open??? Please help I want form my bro he is waiting for Nova soctia reopen but now we r so disappionted as NS in not opening.
Hi roshnee,

Basically, this program is related to the four Atlantic provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island). It is not related to the NSNP Express Entry Demand Stream. An applicant has to have a full-time job offer (one year or indeterminate) from a designated employer from one of these four provinces, one year of experience in an occupation related to job offer, an ECA and CLB level 4.

And this program is opened.

I hope this helps.

Bane

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Qamhus123 said:
This is a very good news, hope to see you in halifax very soon.
Can n u tell me how much time they took to return your passports after ppr ?
Thanks Qamhus.

After PPR they took 10 days to return our stamped PPs along with CoPRs.

Best,

Luder

Prairie2016

Dec 20, 2016
Hi Seniors,

Please help explain NS's question for me. First they stated that I have relatives in AB. then they asked " What is their family relation to your relatives, eg. close, distant, please elaborate." I do not quite understand their question? What do they really want to know?

Thank you very much

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
Luder said:
Thanks Qamhus.

After PPR they took 10 days to return our stamped PPs along with CoPRs.

Best,

Luder
Luder lets see how much time they will take to return my passports, I have submitted them on 27th Feb, after receiving PPR on 24th Feb.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Prairie2016 said:
Hi Seniors,

Please help explain NS's question for me. First they stated that I have relatives in AB. then they asked " What is their family relation to your relatives, eg. close, distant, please elaborate." I do not quite understand their question? What do they really want to know?

Thank you very much
You have to explain them clearly if you have any relatives living in other provinces apart from NS like basically what their relation is with you. That NSOI asks those people who already have links in other provinces it can be frnds, relatives or close siblings. If you have any give the reply honestly to them.

Regards,
Ritz.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Qamhus123 said:
Luder lets see how much time they will take to return my passports, I have submitted them on 27th Feb, after receiving PPR on 24th Feb.
Dont worry Qamhus, the tough time has already gone. You will get your passports soon. Good luck.

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
ritawallu said:
Dont worry Qamhus, the tough time has already gone. You will get your passports soon. Good luck.
Yes rita thanks for the support. I am eagerly waiting to get my passports so that I may take a sigh of relief that the process is finally over.

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Bane said:
Thank you Sapsan for the detailed explanation.

Bane
welcome,

just to give you more vision on expectations - when you choose initially "all provinces" it's also right of provinces to view your profile, for instance in case of you collect 400+ in EE and Ontario can get in touch with you.

Moreover, response from provinces can take up to a year!, so sticking with only NS or any other province only is not a good strategy, and when a province would be eventually negotiating nomination with you, you have to be honest and say to which provinces you applied by PNP program (and you will, because waiting drives people crazy :) ).
If you have relatives in one province, but received nomination from other - it can be challenging, and will take diplomacy skills to convince nominating province of no intentions to screw up with genuine immigration.