+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
SD_India said:
Hi drajpoot,

Our IETLS score is getting expired as on 02 August 2016. We have replied to NSOI for their requirement email as on 19 May 2016. As per trend they might reply within 1 or 2 months for further query or invitation. Assuming that we got invitation and further ITA in coming draw somewhere in mid of July and we were able to submit docs with medical and forms before end of July that is before our IELTS expires can it be considered valid for further assessment or do you think we should give IELTS again. We have secured top band hence reluctant to take test again. How long IELTS score needs to be valid ? correct me if am wrong, I read it shud be valid during submission of PR application. If so then will it be considered ?

Well you are right. If you get nomination and file your PR application with CIC before expiration date of IELTS, your IELTS would be considered. I think you would get everything done before 02 august 2016 hopefully. The date you submit your PR application in CIC, your IELTS should be valid,
This is what I know.

Another thing, we were staying in USA since last two year & we assumed that we might get thru EE draw since our score is good and cutoff was almost close, hence obtained PCC from FBI last year in advance since it takes 3 - 4months. But unfortunately plan didn't worked out as expected and now PCC is stale for almost a year. We came back in India few months back, incase if filling needs to be done in July, can i submit stale USA PCC with explanation letter ?

I think Yes, The date on which you got PCC from US, after that day how many months you stay in US? if it is less than 6 months you stayed in US after getting your US pcc, It should work. You can submit that PCC along with explanation letter that after issuing that PCC you lived less then 6 months and came back to India and then you never went back there.

Further if CIC needs they will ask you to submit again but I think it should work if you stayed in US less then 6 months after getting your US pcc

Need your views on this, many thanks in advance.

Regards
SD

Rose76

May 28, 2016
Kushal_75 said:
I absolutely agree with Drajpoot. You must check your application with your agent.
Hi Drajpoot

I checked with my agent, she is saying while creating express entry profile we have option to select which province we are interested to apply, hence she told me she selected nova Scotia province. I have no idea is it good as submitting paper application. Agent is saying if we don't get reply before expiry of profile we can file paper application again. I am in confused stage. I feel I have gone to a wrong agency. Any suggestions at this stage how to correct these things.

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Rose76 said:
Hi Drajpoot

I checked with my agent, she is saying while creating express entry profile we have option to select which province we are interested to apply, hence she told me she selected nova Scotia province. I have no idea is it good as submitting paper application. Agent is saying if we don't get reply before expiry of profile we can file paper application again. I am in confused stage. I feel I have gone to a wrong agency. Any suggestions at this stage how to correct these things.
Hi,
Your agent is a liar, you had to send paper file last year.
Now u have to wait until NS Demand stream reopen in 2016 then submit ur online application.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Rose76 said:
Hi Drajpoot

Hi Rose,

I feel that your agent is misguiding you. Let me give you some idea what actually happened last year when NS opened the province for nomination. Accordingly, you had to send paper file with complete application along with your express entry profile no. and job seeker code which had to be valid at the time you apply for your interest. Next, last year NS demand stream was halted on 17th dec, 2015. Further, no applications were accepted in the stream. In addition, till now the stream has'nt opened until the backlog of 2015 gets cleared out. As per you agent, she said your file was submitted by online process, which contradicts the statement as mentioned above. You should have searched properly through the interent before putting your case through such kind of agents. Now, just wait until the stream open again. Good luck.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Rose76 said:
Hi Drajpoot

Hi Rose,

She just made your Express Entry profile, nothing else. (Of course at the time of creating profile its ask for the provinces and generally people select all provinces but its good to select Nova Scotia if you are applying specifically for Nova Scotia) But I do not think she sent your application under NSNP demand Express Entry Pilot Project as to apply under this program you need to follow these steps:

1- Create Your Express Entry Profile (Thats what your Agent did)
2- Send your Paper Application and required documents to get nomination from Nova Scotia under NSNP : Demand Express Entry Pilot Project
3- Once your application comes in process Nova Scotia will ask your express entry profile number by email
4- Once you will get nomination Nova Scotia will add 600 points in your express entry profile as soon as you will accept nomination through your profile

Your Agent did only step 1, I guess nothing else. Please confirm this.

regards
D

elasticman2

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to update on a friend of mine.
She applied on june 18th and got her pre-aor on february (8 months)
Then in may she received another email to send some more documents. And today another email asking for clarifications and more documents...they said she has 10 working days to send these documents or her file will be closed.

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
Moh Mor said:
Hi,
Your agent is a liar, you had to send paper file last year.
Now u have to wait until NS Demand stream reopen in 2016 then submit ur online application.
hi moh mor,

i applied with the help of an immigration lawyer, is there a way to check on nova scotia if he really pass our documents?

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elasticman2 said:
Just wanted to update on a friend of mine.
She applied on june 18th and got her pre-aor on february (8 months)
Then in may she received another email to send some more documents. And today another email asking for clarifications and more documents...they said she has 10 working days to send these documents or her file will be closed.
Thank you for your information. Seems there's still a time to go for July applicants...But at least, it starts moving...

Wendy_A

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hello guy,

My friend has got serious problem right now. she had ITA from Nova and was on the way to complete her file to CIC. However; during the time uploading her full package, she accidentally uploaded my old passport, so Express entry right away rejected her file without giving her a chance to appeal. Do you think if there's any chance that Nova will re-issue the ITA for her so that she can reapply with my new EE profile? :(

Sometimes people made serious mistake that they arent aware of. She didnt notice it until I checked her myCIC and found out.

So sad...Pls give her and me some hopes :(

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
LOVK said:
hi moh mor,

i applied with the help of an immigration lawyer, is there a way to check on nova scotia if he really pass our documents?
Hi LOVK,
The best way is sending an email to NSOI and query about your application.

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Wendy_A said:
Hello guy,

My friend has got serious problem right now. she had ITA from Nova and was on the way to complete her file to CIC. However; during the time uploading her full package, she accidentally uploaded my old passport, so Express entry right away rejected her file without giving her a chance to appeal. Do you think if there's any chance that Nova will re-issue the ITA for her so that she can reapply with my new EE profile? :(

Sometimes people made serious mistake that they arent aware of. She didnt notice it until I checked her myCIC and found out.

So sad...Pls give her and me some hopes :(
Send an email to express entry and they should be able to rectify it for you or get NSOI involved

Wendy_A

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
petertherock77 said:
Send an email to express entry and they should be able to rectify it for you or get NSOI involved
Thanks a lot Peter, I dont know how to send email to EE. I created the new Express entry profile for my friend and asked NSOI if they can re-issue the nomination already, now cant do nothing but to wait for their response...:(

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Wendy_A said:
Thanks a lot Peter, I dont know how to send email to EE. I created the new Express entry profile for my friend and asked NSOI if they can re-issue the nomination already, now cant do nothing but to wait for their response...:(
If NSOI issues it on the new EE platform make sure you withdraw the old one if possible. Send email to nsnp@novascotia.ca

What is your month on submission in 2015?

Wendy_A

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
petertherock77 said:
If NSOI issues it on the new EE platform make sure you withdraw the old one if possible. Send email to nsnp@novascotia.ca

What is your month on submission in 2015?
It was June 2015 that my friend submitted, she got nomination only in April 2016. Dont know how long it will take in case NSOI agrees to reissue the nomination, worst case scenario, they wait for another 6 or even 11 months to do it...