Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
drajpoot said:
Having relation in another province is not big percentage of being rejected. But for sure you must have strong reasons and proof to satisfy your nominee officer that you have true intention to settle in Nova Scotia.
oh ok thank drajpoot, i'm just worried because we applied in fsw (ontario) last 2014 but our papers were returned to us because cap was already full. so maybe they will know it and use it to reject us as we have an intention to apply in ontari and not in NS.

virtualwrld

Dec 28, 2015
App. Filed.......
28 june 16
Doc's Request.
04 july 16
Nomination.....
28 april 16
AOR Received.
28 june 16
Med's Done....
30 may 16
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
LANDED..........
7 April 2017
My application received on may 26 2015. Nomination was delayed as my employers failed to respond at the right time during experience verification....

elasticman2

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virtualwrld said:
My application received on may 26 2015. Nomination was delayed as my employers failed to respond at the right time during experience verification....
Holly cr*p
Do you know how long it was delayed for?

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
virtualwrld said:
Congratulations
All the best for all of us

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello dear experts,

Today I found this NSNP Jan 2015 topic. Kindly advise me on my situation.

I applied under occupation in Demand (OID) stream on JUL 15th 2015 (application recived by NSNP). Still no update

whever I try to seek them to provide an update by email, they have been keep increasing the processing time. In March they said it takes 11 months to touch application.

I tried to call them and getting an automated message that their office got moved to another location

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Sam05mar2013 said:
Hello dear experts,

I applied under occupation in Demand (OID) stream on JUL 15th 2015 (application recived by NSNP). Still no update

whever I try to seek them to provide an update by email, they have been keep increasing the processing time. In March they said it takes 11 months to touch application.

I tried to call them and getting an automated message that their office got moved to another location
As someone said before
Nova Scotia Immigration Office has been Moved to new Location here in Halifax. Office was Closed on Thursday 21st April & 22nd April, Reopens on April 25th

1465 Brenton Street
3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax NS B3J 2Y3
Canada

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sam05mar2013 said:
Hello dear experts,

You need to have patience and do not sent mails regarding updates as NSOI is already busy in processing of files. Many July applicants are waiting for some news so you are not alone there are many applicants are in same boat. So dont lose hope.
All the best.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virtualwrld said:
I need to know when will "Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry" will accept new applicant in 2016? According to their website they are saying "Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is not accepting new applications at this time." so when will they open this program again or is it finished for 2016 ? any information with relevant reference will be highly appreciated

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lildip said:
I need to know when will "Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry" will accept new applicant in 2016? According to their website they are saying "Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is not accepting new applications at this time." so when will they open this program again or is it finished for 2016 ? any information with relevant reference will be highly appreciated
There's still no official information. The last official update provided by NSOI is the following: http://novascotia.ca/News/Release/?id=20151217001

As it only says that the stream will re-open "later in 2016", we assume there will be another intake at some point during this year, but there are no official dates. Someone heard, from Minister Lena Diab herself, if I'm not mistaken, that it won't be before July. Another source was told unofficially that it would be around October, which is consistent with the current 11 months processing time estimates by NSOI. The only ways to know are checking their website and tweeter periodically and following this thread to see when November and December files start to get processed.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skywalker_RT said:
There's still no official information. The last official update provided by NSOI is the following: http://novascotia.ca/News/Release/?id=20151217001

As it only says that the stream will re-open "later in 2016", we assume there will be another intake at some point during this year, but there are no official dates. Someone heard, from Minister Lena Diab herself, if I'm not mistaken, that it won't be before July. Another source was told unofficially that it would be around October, which is consistent with the current 11 months processing time estimates by NSOI. The only ways to know are checking their website and tweeter periodically and following this thread to see when November and December files start to get processed.
Thanks a lot ! that is a really helpful information( i am giving you a +1 :) ). any idea how many people get invitation in this program each intake ?

Cheers !

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lildip said:
Thanks a lot ! that is a really helpful information( i am giving you a +1 :) ). any idea how many people get invitation in this program each intake ?

Cheers !
The nominations aren't bound to the intakes, but to the years. Last year, it was something around 500, from a total of 650 nominations given to both NS Demand and NS experience. But initially, the province's quota was only 350, being increased later. For this year, the first announcement was also 350. Federal Minister John McCallum announced that the nominations for all NS immigration programs would be increased again by 300 nominations, as it happened last year, but we don't know for sure if those extra nominations will be all given to the EE programs or not, although it's the most likely scenario. For 2017, it's expected a significant increase in NS nominations, possibly growing from the current 1,350 (for all programs) to the same 5k or so from the larger provinces. But there are still no position on how many will be given to each program.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skywalker_RT said:
The nominations aren't bound to the intakes, but to the years. Last year, it was something around 500, from a total of 650 nominations given to both NS Demand and NS experience. But initially, the province's quota was only 350, being increased later. For this year, the first announcement was also 350. Federal Minister John McCallum announced that the nominations for all NS immigration programs would be increased again by 300 nominations, as it happened last year, but we don't know for sure if those extra nominations will be all given to the EE programs or not, although it's the most likely scenario. For 2017, it's expected a significant increase in NS nominations, possibly growing from the current 1,350 (for all programs) to the same 5k or so from the larger provinces. But there are still no position on how many will be given to each program.
thanks a lot ! now i know that i have .00000000009% chance to get PNP. There are so many candidates and very few seat available for all provinces :(
no hope for FSWP as well because of having 337 point in express entry and i will have to wait till the end of the world to get selected.

posisi0ju

Jan 12, 2016
I am a Sep. applicant and I REALLY wondered what took it so long to be processed.
As I mentioned a few days ago I got an automatic reply and I received this mail.
Please I hope that NSOI will send pre-AOR to July applicants soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. The large number of applications received for the NS Demand stream is a factor affecting processing times. At the moment, NS Demand applications are taking 11 month or more to be processed.
The NS Demand Express Entry stream has been temporarily halted for the acceptance of new applications. This will allow the NS Office of Immigration to deal with the backlog of applications received in 2015. We are currently processing those applications that were received in our office prior to the temporary pause, and will continue to process those applications.
Thank you,

NS Office of Immigration
www.novascotiaimmigration.com

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
posisi0ju said:
I am a Sep. applicant and I REALLY wondered what took it so long to be processed.
As I mentioned a few days ago I got an automatic reply and I received this mail.
Please I hope that NSOI will send pre-AOR to July applicants soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. The large number of applications received for the NS Demand stream is a factor affecting processing times. At the moment, NS Demand applications are taking 11 month or more to be processed.
The NS Demand Express Entry stream has been temporarily halted for the acceptance of new applications. This will allow the NS Office of Immigration to deal with the backlog of applications received in 2015. We are currently processing those applications that were received in our office prior to the temporary pause, and will continue to process those applications.
Thank you,

NS Office of Immigration
www.novascotiaimmigration.com
Wow, it's the first time I see such automatic reply from NSNP. It now assures that they will deal with those backlogs in the coming months. Keep fingers crossed.

Ogoza

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
taral80 said:
NS PNP
Hi friends, just saw my MyCIC status:

Application/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results:Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: (Blank)
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved

I sent the passports to NDVO on 25th April and received a message yesterday that it has been processed and sent to Mumbai VFS. I should probably receive in a day or two.
Congratulation!!!!!!