+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
One of members of whatsapp group sent this to group:
Guys, for those who waiting for the EE Demand stream to open, i had a chat with the NS minister of immigration and she confirmed that the EE stream will not be open earlier than July. At least that was said during the immigration expo in February.

er.parminder

Jan 6, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Sorry, but you are also wrong in that matter. In 2015, NS had 1,050 spots for principal immigrants. From those, 350 were intended to use on the Express Entry-related programs, which are NS Demand (this one that most of us applied) and NS Experience (for those who have at least one year of experience in NS). In mid-September, they got an increase of 300 more spots, destined only to EE applicants. Adding to the previous 1,050, we get the aforementioned 1,350, which is the total for all NS immigration streams, including Skilled Worker (with job offer), and 2 entrepreneur streams. Those new 300, together with the previous 350 add to the target of 650, which NS not only used, but slightly exceed. Families of immigrants are not included in these counts, but are covered by the total provincial nominees offered by the Federal Government, which were almost 50,000. If you sum all the provinces (except Quebec, which has a separate quota), you have around 30,000 nominations, well below the target, and enough to accommodate all the families, according to CIC's previous experience.

For 2016, the federal quota is almost the same, and all provinces apparently got the same individual numbers. That means NS had got the same 1,050 from the beginning of 2015, 350 of those for EE. NS authorities complained and Minister McCallum gave back the extra 300 spots. But, so far, we still don't have confirmation if those 300 are exclusively intended to EE, as they were in last year.
Thanks Skywalker..!!! You always give perfect answers to the questions. Really appreciate your valuable support. :D

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moh Mor said:
One of members of whatsapp group sent this to group:
Guys, for those who waiting for the EE Demand stream to open, i had a chat with the NS minister of immigration and she confirmed that the EE stream will not be open earlier than July. At least that was said during the immigration expo in February.
If she's putting July at the earliest, it's better than I was expecting. I was considering October at least!

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
If she's putting July at the earliest, it's better than I was expecting. I was considering October at least!
If that is the case, ideally all 2015 applicants which have been received before end date, should be processed before July 2016. Chances of which are extremely bleak.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Skywalker_RT said:
Are you saying that July applicants will be processed only by July?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Can anybody help me with this. I want to appear for IELTS again. So, has anybody applied through british council and idp both? If yes, is there any difference in listening and reading tasks in real examination centre. As I find idp test material really tough in comparison to BC which they couriered me few days before. Or is the test questions kind of same? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riyaz1979 said:
If that is the case, ideally all 2015 applicants which have been received before end date, should be processed before July 2016. Chances of which are extremely bleak.
Not necessarily. They may start taking new applications as soon as they open all the old ones (AOR). Or even before, depending on their workflow. Still, as you implied, that would be the ideal case, as the minister said they would NOT take any new applications before July.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristelgen said:
Are you saying that July applicants will be processed only by July?
No. Based on the minister's declaration, they should start accepting new applications only after July. The status of the current applications is not necessarily bound by the new intake, although they stated that the backlog needs to be cleared before moving on.

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear All,

My Application is still under review in NS. They have receive my documents on 29 Nov 2015 . My IELTS will get expire in August 2016 . I just want to know , Do I need to write IELTS once again .

Kindly let me know .

Wacu

Apr 8, 2016
Hi, i already received my confirmation of nomination last AUgust 2015. And all the requirments need to submit was already sent to Centralized Intake Office last December 2015 and until now never heard from them. I would like to ask when i will be pay the processing fees? Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am considering applying to Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream when it is reopen. Meanwhile, to get the documents ready, I have been filling out NSNP 100 - Application Form through online. But when I print NSNP 100 - Application Form I see there is a page titled "Give information about your finance" which does not appear on application screen, so I can not fill out this page. What am I supposed to do?
Second, I have not claimed any point for my wife's educational and work experience since she does not any canadian study or work experince, still do I need to submit my wife's educational documents, such as diploma, and work experience documents, ref letter from emplyr etc?
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darkmater said:
Hi guys,

I am considering applying to Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream when it is reopen. Meanwhile, to get the documents ready, I have been filling out NSNP 100 - Application Form through online. But when I print NSNP 100 - Application Form I see there is a page titled "Give information about your finance" which does not appear on application screen, so I can not fill out this page. What am I supposed to do?
Second, I have not claimed any point for my wife's educational and work experience since she does not any canadian study or work experince, still do I need to submit my wife's educational documents, such as diploma, and work experience documents, ref letter from emplyr etc?
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
As the stream is still closed, the form is likely to be changed later. You can still fill it, but it's probable that you'll end using another version when submitting. Therefore, just register your answers somewhere and get ready to transfer them to the appropriate form when the stream reopens.

About your wife's education, it's advisable to send the appropriate documents, even if they don't count points on the qualification grid. You just don't need to provide the ECA.