+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
thats not true maverickjo,u gave him false information the processing time is currently eight months so august will be processed in 2016 and the volume of application is drastically low from april so his file will be processed in less than that eight months he should submit his file now as files nt processed this year will be in the queue for processing nt year i am july applicant i may even get aor b4 the end of the year.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
thats not true maverickjo,u gave him false information the processing time is currently eight months so august will be processed in 2016 and the volume of application is drastically low from april so his file will be processed in less than that eight months he should submit his file now as files nt processed this year will be in the queue for processing nt year i am july applicant i may even get aor b4 the end of the year.
He actually didn't tell him not to apply this year, only that he should apply again when the system goes online, unless explicitly told by NSOI not to do so. That being said, as much as there are less applicants after March, it is unlikely for anyone that applied after June or maybe July to be processed in this year. Still, processing time should drop significantly, maybe even below 5 months. But remember that the number of recent applicants might have increased a bit, due to the announcement of the additional nominations mid-September.

In short, apply now if you can, and apply again online, unless NSOI tells you shouldn't.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
i believe i will get aor this year and the nomination next year from my own analysis skywalker rt
As a July applicant, your chances are reasonable. But keep in mind that we only have hints of how many applications are still in the queue, and barely an idea of how many nominations are left for this year. I'm also optimistic about my situation (my package reached NSOI on September 3rd), as the current trend shows that my AOR should come in January, with a slight chance in December. But there are still too many variables, such as the immigration levels for 2016 and how many will come to Nova Scotia, how NSOI will effectively handle the exceeding applications, as much as they stated that they will process them during next year, how the Syrian refugee crisis will be accessed, particularly in 2016, whether the new minister will change EE or not...well, you get the picture!

I have many reasons to keep my hopes high, but we're still in the dark.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I received an AOR from Nova Scotia a few days back.
The letter indicated that my file was received by them on the 2nd of April. Since I have already received a nomination from another province, I have asked them to withdraw my application for the NSNP program.
The letter also indicated that they are still accepting applications.
I'm sharing this so that people that are still waiting on hearing news from NSOI about their applications know that they have started looking into April applicants.

Good luck!

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
hi skywalker the new government will not change express entry the fact that a draw has been done by the new minister john mac callum tells that economic migration remains a priority for the department,canada has a severe shortage of skilled labour,millions of tax payer dollars were spent over the past few years to develop express entry and legislation was passed to that effect,so what message will canada be sending to the world?

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skywalker_RT said:
He actually didn't tell him not to apply this year, only that he should apply again when the system goes online, unless explicitly told by NSOI not to do so. That being said, as much as there are less applicants after March, it is unlikely for anyone that applied after June or maybe July to be processed in this year. Still, processing time should drop significantly, maybe even below 5 months. But remember that the number of recent applicants might have increased a bit, due to the announcement of the additional nominations mid-September.

In short, apply now if you can, and apply again online, unless NSOI tells you shouldn't.

Paulosky.. Please read the response & understand it properly before you reply " u gave him false Information".. Google Translate will help out even..!!

Skywalker_RT... well said.. "apply now if you can, and apply again online, unless NSOI tells you shouldn't."

Peniel

Sep 3, 2015
I also got a mail from NSOI last week (I guess that's the much awaited AOR) but there was no file number. They specifically asked me if I have received ITA or nomination from another province. If not, they requested that I should confirm if am still willing to continue with my application as my application is about entering completeness check.

@heeru_maan was the tone of your mail the same as mine and did they give you file number before you withdrew your application???

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
hi skywalker the new government will not change express entry the fact that a draw has been done by the new minister john mac callum tells that economic migration remains a priority for the department,canada has a severe shortage of skilled labour,millions of tax payer dollars were spent over the past few years to develop express entry and legislation was passed to that effect,so what message will canada be sending to the world?
They've been talking about that shortage stuff for a long time. But Canadians are not very pleased with that idea, as unemployment is a sad reality in some regions, and they fear we might take some spots where there are no shortage, due to our still limited personal network. I know it is a misconception, probably based on the reality of the illegal US immigration, where millions of unskilled people with almost zero knowledge of the English language cross their borders at night or overstay their tourist visas to work as cleaners, waiters/resses, or even in some shady jobs that, although low paying in comparison to other US jobs, certainly offer a hugely better perspective of life than what they have in their current countries.

It is easy for us to complain and call them racists, but many of us live in areas with high unemployment. Could you imagine what would it be if our governments kept saying that there are not enough workers to fill job openings in several places along the country? Here in Brazil, we are living this reality to some extent. Given the appropriate proportions, Brazil also has a strong intake of immigrants. During the last couple of years, thousands, if not millions of immigrants from countries suffering with wars or disasters have been crossing our amazon border, believing in coyotes who say that Brazil is some kind of tropical US. That comes from the fact that my country is some kind of aberration in the world, as we had a strong, growing economy (not so much lately), large corporations, vast natural resources, some nice cities and many people with an innate entrepreneurial spirit, but all of this is shared with an enormous wealth inequality, poor education and public health-care and, most of all, overwhelming violence indexes. Did you know Brazil is the country in the world with the largest absolute number of annual homicides, although only 5th in population? In fact, during the last Iraq war, there were more homicides here than casualties in there!

Now, can you imagine what our population thinks about our government's open-doors policy towards immigration? Currently, a quarter of Brazilian population lives in welfare. Due to our current economical crisis, more than 1 million people lost their jobs. What reaction can one expect when our cities suddenly get crowded with immigrants that we know can't be absorbed by our fragile economy? As a future immigrant, I see them with a different perspective. Many of them have post-secondary education, skilled job experience and an enormous disposition to roll up their sleeves and work. Unfortunately, most of them are currently selling contraband in our downtown's sidewalks. The situation has become so awkward that a local newspaper noticed a curious case of racism towards a Senegalese immigrant in a bus: the perpetrator used the Portuguese equivalent to "nigger", because the immigrant's skin was slightly darker than his!

Fortunately, Canadian immigration is much more controlled than Brazilian and American, greatly reducing the potential problems. Nevertheless, you can always expect politicians to paint a nicer-colored scenario. That's why they are currently employing so many efforts to bring the Syrian refugees to Canada in such a short time. The truth is that these people can expect to remain in welfare for a long time, as they will be brought to Canada until the end of the year, but their processing will take a long time to be concluded. Eventually, they will be absorbed by the economy, but it will take some time, as even the skilled ones are likely to have lost their credentials and have no way of proving their work experiences.

Well, I've got a little far from the subject, but I think you've got the entire picture of the subject: there is the propaganda from CIC, provinces, immigration lawyers, and there is the reality. Immigration is very dynamic, and everything might change overnight. As for skilled immigration, the new government already stated that their priority will shift to "more humanitarian" immigration. Do you see the pattern here? They will never say "we're taking less skilled immigrants". It's always "we're working towards family reunification", "Canada has a long history of compassionate immigration", "we cannot close our eyes to what is happening in the X country". The fact is that Express Entry will change, firstly with the adoption of additional points for relatives in Canada. Also, notice that Minister Mccallum said that the impact of refugees in immigration levels was "undetermined". In other words, they cannot say right now, as it is "unpopular". Such changes, of course, shouldn't come soon, but the delay in revealing the 2016 immigration levels is making me restless.

If you want another advice, remember that old saying: "never put all you eggs in the same basket".

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peniel said:
I also got a mail from NSOI last week (I guess that's the much awaited AOR) but there was no file number. They specifically asked me if I have received ITA or nomination from another province. If not, they requested that I should confirm if am still willing to continue with my application as my application is about entering completeness check.

@heeru_maan was the tone of your mail the same as mine and did they give you file number before you withdrew your application???
It seems this is some sort of "pre-AOR". I don't know if that was a common practice earlier, but it seems they are noticing an increasing number of withdrawals due to ITAs and nominations from other provinces. Good news for us!

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
dont be scared skywalker they will soon release 2016 immigration figures,its not issue of putting all eggs in one basket, will really like to move to canada cause i have an accounting designation from the uk with a mutual recognition agreement with cma canada so will like to put it to use there

kojare123

Nov 17, 2014
hi guys.. i just received an email from NSOI that my application was received on April 7, 2015 and they need my confirmation whether to continue with my application
as it will be entering completeness check. Now, I also have an pending application with NBPNP wherein was AOR received last Oct. 23, 2015 and might be in the document
review stage. Im confused whether I confirm yes to continue with NSOI or not. Pls. need your valuable advise.

Btw, how long will it take for the review of application in NSOI? will NBPNP know that I have a pending application with NS if i decide to continue with my NS application.?

Thank you very much

GuiBrazuca

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
kojare123 said:
hi guys.. i just received an email from NSOI that my application was received on April 7, 2015 and they need my confirmation whether to continue with my application
as it will be entering completeness check. Now, I also have an pending application with NBPNP wherein was AOR received last Oct. 23, 2015 and might be in the document
review stage. Im confused whether I confirm yes to continue with NSOI or not. Pls. need your valuable advise.

Btw, how long will it take for the review of application in NSOI? will NBPNP know that I have a pending application with NS if i decide to continue with my NS application.?

Thank you very much
Looks like you prefer NB, otherwise you won`t be so worry about loosing NBPNP. I personally believe you should go to where your chances of adaptability are higher.

Have Fun!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kojare123 said:

Thank you very much
That's a delicate matter. I don't know exactly how much information the provinces share. As for the processing in NS, current ones are taking less than a month, although we cannot tell if they are still nominating people or just starting the checking processes in order to give the nominations as soon as 2016 begins.

You must be aware, though, that you might end empty-handed. While your NS application is still considered an EOI, the NB one is already a formal application, since they have given you the AOR. Therefore, you can expect them to have assigned a case number, and they may share information about it with NS. In the moment you confirm your acceptance of NS nomination, you will have officially applied to the province. Do you see where this may lead? Even if it is not considered a misrepresentation, because you have probably stated in NS application form that you haven't applied to any other province. You might argue that, by the time of your application, you hadn't, but they are explicit that you are responsible for keeping your information up-to-date. Therefore, by keeping the fact of your NB application to yourself, you have actually failed to inform NS about an important change in your situation. As a matter of fact, they must have asked you explicitly if you have applied to another province...

My advice is to stick to your NB application, which is the only considered official. Of course I cannot deny that this is also best to my own interests, as you are in front of me in NS's queue. And there is also the possibility of your NB be rejected, but if you have any reason to be rejected by them, it is also likely that the same will happen with NSOI. You must understand that this decision is yours alone, as both paths have inherent risks. To help you further, it would be interesting if you tell us how did you apply to NB (through an information session, by a connection to the province, etc) and if they have any reason to reject your connection to their province. Also, as I can see on the SS, you have quoted your Visa Office's location as Halifax. Does that mean that you're currently living in NS with a temporary visa? If that's true, it might have been a mistake applying to NB, as it would complicate your situation with both provinces.

Try also to consult the people in NB's thread, to know how long their application took to be finished and also if it's common to get a rejection after having your case accessed.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
As a July applicant, your chances are reasonable. But keep in mind that we only have hints of how many applications are still in the queue, and barely an idea of how many nominations are left for this year. I'm also optimistic about my situation (my package reached NSOI on September 3rd), as the current trend shows that my AOR should come in January, with a slight chance in December. But there are still too many variables, such as the immigration levels for 2016 and how many will come to Nova Scotia, how NSOI will effectively handle the exceeding applications, as much as they stated that they will process them during next year, how the Syrian refugee crisis will be accessed, particularly in 2016, whether the new minister will change EE or not...well, you get the picture!

I have many reasons to keep my hopes high, but we're still in the dark.
My spouse works with a IT consulting firm that advices the NS Immigration department. Right now they are undergoing some massive system changes in their back end. Hopefully that speeds the NSPNP application process.